webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

update

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Patong-police-delay-action-on-tourist-extortion-claims-26765.html

The international volunteers had a problem where a tourist was ordered to pay 20,000 baht more than the original compensation for damage to a room because he asked for assistance from a volunteer,” explained Wal Brown, head co-ordinator of the Royal Thai Police Region 8 Volunteers on the island.

“The tourist was also threatened with a greater fine and jail if he were to talk with the volunteer again.”

However, Col Sakchai today said that he was not ready to tackle the problem.

“It will take time for me to look into the claims, and I am already very busy getting up to speed on the day-to-day operations at the Patong Police Station,” he told the Phuket Gazette this afternoon.

In your face volunteers, he don't want wannabe-cops anymore, big boss have spoken now listen to him and piss off... =)

I have some sympathy with these volunteer guys. If there is ( and why would anyone doubt) substance to the story they are right to withdraw a service, freely given , which aims to assist tourists and the police.

Col Sakchai is also in an unenviable position having been given the job on an "Acting" basis following the tuk-tuk debacle. The Colonel has to establish priorities which cannot be easy when in an "acting" position as a result of his predecessor being forced out of his job.

Clearly the issues will have to be resolved in the near future but I applaud the volunteers for highlighting the problem.

Allow me to make an analogy....

You take the mrs for dinner, top restaurant & pay THB20,000 or more BUT its hte new chefs first week! Do you say mai pen rai, lets do better next time? Do you balls..... same situation, new chief/acting chief GET IT SORTED!