Trying to buy MacBook Air 8GB online.

tubber

Been trying to buy a MacBook Air online with 8GB RAM, English keyboard and instructions. It won't let me use a UK credit card. Does anybody know if I can go in to one of the re-sellers, specify what I want and order it, or do they just sell the standard models?

You can order at reseller. Expect wait about 2-3 weeks for Custom.

Fly to Hong Kong for the day buy it at the airport and fly back. Price saving on HK price with english keyboard will pay for the ticket over the thai price.

Or

Open a Kasikorn bank account and use their Web Visa option to pay for it.

Edited by negreanu

Just go to the Mac Store online, and go to the linked page, below .... and call, the 800 number. I've never had a problem using my overseas credit card, but it could be your bank, blocking the transaction. ... so you may need to call them too.

Much faster to get it delivered directly from the online store, than the local shops, usually. (it depends when their shipments come in)

http://store.apple.com/th/help/contact

Thanks Negreanu, I will order at a reseller, I fly enough as it is. samuijimmy I never got as far as my bank blocking the transaction. It states on the website "We accept payments from customers with billing details in United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines." UK didn't appear on the drop-down menu for the country of issue, that's where I was getting stuck.

Thanks Negreanu, I will order at a reseller, I fly enough as it is. samuijimmy I never got as far as my bank blocking the transaction. It states on the website "We accept payments from customers with billing details in United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines." UK didn't appear on the drop-down menu for the country of issue, that's where I was getting stuck.

I find that amazing ... my Visa card account is in Canada.... (not listed there) .... oh well... !

I even know Russians here that use the Mac site with Russian Visa cards... and get shipped here..... But if you traveling anyway...

I am sure a quick toll free call would do it for anyone who needs to do this without traveling, would fix it.... wink.png