Satish Sehgal faces deportation now

webfact

If necessary, I hope he has a great holiday in India. I'm sure the next government will welcome him back with open arms as they will need all the taxpayers they can get to fill PTP's financial black hole.

With a bit of luck he will be able to visit Chalerm and Yingluk in prison, and enjoy a quiet cup of schadenfreude.

you still don''t get it don't you?

If you are an "alien" you are not allowed to take part in political demonstrations - no matter how long you have lived here

...and you still don't get another thing - it has been proven with facts and numbers beyond reasonable doubt on this forum that it was the last 2 Democrat (one elected and brought down by the corrupt dealings of a certain Mr. Suthep - and one installed after an illegal, unconstitutional coup) led governments of Thailand who created financial black holes - great track record that is!

The numbers speak without a doubt for TRT and PT governments - and if you want to dispute that - then please post the facts and numbers here!

So now the people who reviewed thew facts,with a realistic, no -nonsense, non-emotional view of Thai politics here can enjoy a quite cup of Schadenfreude!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going after one Indian Thai taxpayer demonstrates how vindictive and subjective Thai law and its people are.

You will find in many countries, when a foreigner involved in activities that violated the rights of other people and its citizen and political activities against a government, he would be either arrested or deported immediately.

Not so much in Europe these days, due to them exercising their human rights, look at the attempts to get rid of the likes of Choudray and his ilk in the UK, he's the scum of the earth, but his lawyers keep taking any deportation to the ECHR, same as many other Islamic hate preachers..

Very few countries will deport you immediately, maybe some of the former Eastern Blocks have more stringent laws, but anyone within the EU... nah, not that easy to deport anyone these days..

What an idiot. He has no right to protest or ask for political change because he is not a Thai citizen.

When he was first charged, he said that he would stop his political activities yet on Monday when Suthep moved to Lumpini he was photographed again standing with the other protest leaders behind Suthep.

Must write to Mr.Cameron and ask him he he will deport all foreign nationals in the UK if they protest about whatever takes their fancy.The answer will be NO because peoples human rights are recognised,not like this third world country.

• Like 1

Although I am a Thai citizen, I don’t believe you don’t have to be Thai to care about the state of the nation, and to hold and voice an opinion on how that state might be bettered. However, it’s easy to be bold and hypercritical behind a wonky screen name on an Internet forum. It’s a far different thing to stand up for those beliefs in a public square, which is what this man did; and I commend him for it.

Some raised the issue of foreigners deported in 2010. While I admit I did not follow their cases through the deportation process, I’m certain if they were deported, it was for acts of violence, actual or threatened, not their political beliefs.

Edited by bkkbarbara
  • Like 1

...behind a wonky screen name on an Internet forum.

Like bkkbarbara? blink.png

well at least he/she didn't join this morning after being booted yesterday under another name.

* spelling.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Thai-Indian Business tycoon appeals against his deportation

BANGKOK 6 March 2014 (NNT) — Thai-Indian business tycoon, Satit Sehgal has submitted an appeal to the Bureau of the Royal Household asking His Majesty to help him.

Mr. Satit this morning sent a representative to the Bureau of the Royal Household in order to file an appeal against his deportation order before His Majesty the King.

According to the Indian-born business tycoon, he has been denied justice, and has sent his younger brother and a lawyer to file an appeal, as he feared for his safety. Furthermore, Mr. Satit stated that the Ministry of Interior had never summoned him to defend his case, and that he had no idea whatsoever about the process of his case.

To this day, he has not received official documents from the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) pertaining to his deportation order, said Satit, adding that he did not violate any law when he appeared on the PDRC' stage during the protest.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-06 footer_n.gif

BANGKOK 6 March 2014 (NNT) — Thai-Indian business tycoon, Satit Sehgal has submitted an appeal to the Bureau of the Royal Household asking His Majesty to help him.

Mr. Satit this morning sent a representative to the Bureau of the Royal Household in order to file an appeal against his deportation order before His Majesty the King.

According to the Indian-born business tycoon, he has been denied justice, and has sent his younger brother and a lawyer to file an appeal, as he feared for his safety. Furthermore, Mr. Satit stated that the Ministry of Interior had never summoned him to defend his case, and that he had no idea whatsoever about the process of his case.

To this day, he has not received official documents from the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) pertaining to his deportation order, said Satit, adding that he did not violate any law when he appeared on the PDRC' stage during the protest.

nntlogo.jpg

Well if he wins his appeal then I can see the king being flooded with appeals everytime immigration wants to kick someone out. Could set a precedence.

The Thai Rouge want everything for themselves. This is totally ridiculous, as Chalerm's CMPO brings the charge, and one of his party gimps signs off on it.

As someone has already mentioned, I still doubt he wil be going anywhere.

Err, you do realize that people from other countries were jailed and later deported for protesting in 2010,

so can't complain now because this guy supports Suthep...

I am more than aware of the idiots like Purcell and Savage, and what happened to them.

I don't recall Seghal threatening to burn and loot Bangkok?

Purcell and Savage be back in Thailand with guaranty from the click in power rolleyes.gif

As a Farang who has lived and worked in many different countries over the past 30 odd years, one must always keep situational awareness about you, and maintain a low profile without drawing unneccessary attention to yourself, political opinions are fine, just keep them to yourself all to easy, as can be clearly seen here in TV that emotions tend to run amok over the current situation Thailand finds itself.

I wonder if you stood on an Anti Putin Demonstration in Moscow how you'd feel that would go down? Personally, Satish is just being made an example, right or wrong, tax payer or not, unless you're a resident and have the same or more or less the same rights as Thai's then stay out of their affairs, he aligned himself with a group who wanted to kidnap members of the Government, who again rightly or wrongly denied many many people their own basic human rights on the early voting, there's an old saying, you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows..

You had the likes of Michael Yon ranting about "hunting down red shirt members" asking people to find them, find out where they lived, where they ate, where they gathered socially and hound them, if that's not incitement then what is? It's all to easy to get caught up in the occassion and step into the limelight and speak your mind, or blog it, but there's the crazies out there who will take what you're asking of them to a different level.

I don't think this guy's worthy of deporting, he was stupid enough to step up, when he could have supported the PDRC in other ways, they say there's no fool like and old fool, and he lived up to that.

Will he be deported, who knows? at the end of the day, he's not really going to be missed, and outside of Sutheps clique, he's a nobody, just another name.

• Like 2

He is not the only person in Thailand who is loyal to the King. People who are loyal and loves the King would discuss and solve their grievances through people representatives and peaceful means - a democratic system of which the King is the HOS.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good to see all foreigners being treated equally and no special treatment just because you are His so. The fool now joins the fools from Australia and England who got involved in demos and got deported.

This person has been in thailand all his life but not a citizen. Obviously bears no loyalty to the country keeps indian citizenship probably to get benefits while leeching off thailand.

If necessary, I hope he has a great holiday in India. I'm sure the next government will welcome him back with open arms as they will need all the taxpayers they can get to fill PTP's financial black hole.

With a bit of luck he will be able to visit Chalerm and Yingluk in prison, and enjoy a quiet cup of schadenfreude.

How do you know he's been paying his taxes?

You make sense here. Who the hell knows if he even paid any taxes i don't know why some ppl look at this guy and see him as some sort of shining beacon.

I don't see what benefits a foreigner could possibly get by not becoming a citizen, especially in a country like Thailand where foreigners can't even own land, except in industrial estate free zones. Therefore he has nothing to leech off, instead he is no better off than any other foreigner on a 1-year visa extension who just arrived in Thailand for the first time. I have no idea why Sathit has never applied for citizenship, especially when Thailand actually makes it relatively straightforward to apply for citizenship compared to many other countries. Of course, it has also become easier over the years compared to when Sathit first moved to Thailand.

• Like 1

See what happens. Be interesting.

I was speaking to a prominent Indian business man this week. He said Satish is going nowhere.

Tea money already been paid and everyone laughing about it in their community....

Well, they obviously didn't pay the right bloke. Now it's public that there is a deportation order he has a big problem. He's a kaek. Which as horrible as it is, means visitor. Silly man forgot that.

POLITICS
Satish files royal petition against his deportation

30228503-01_big.jpg
Satish gives an interview to a reporter on Thursday.//NNA

BANGKOK: -- Prominent Indian businessman Satish Sehgal on Thursday filed a petition with His Majesty the King over the order to deport him.

Satish, the former chairman of Thai-Indian Chambre of Commerce, asked one of his brothers to submit the petition at the Royal Household Bureau this morning.

He said in a telephone interview that he did not make the submission himself due to safety concerns and added that he did not know the procedure. "I have not yet received any written document about the deportation," he said.

Satish has admitted that he had spoken on the stage during the protest by the anti-government People's Democratic for Reform Committee, led by Suthep Thaugsuban. However, he did not criticise the government of Yingluck Shinawatra and moreover stopped joining the protests after invocation of the state emergency.

The government's Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order has accused him of defying state of emergency and being involved in the anti-government protests. Chalerm on Wednesday said he already signed the deportation order.

His brother, whose name is not known, said told reporters that his brother is very loyal to the Thai monarchy and had regularly demonstrated that loyalty. His family is very upset by the deportation order.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-06

As a Farang who has lived and worked in many different countries over the past 30 odd years, one must always keep situational awareness about you, and maintain a low profile without drawing unneccessary attention to yourself, political opinions are fine, just keep them to yourself all to easy, as can be clearly seen here in TV that emotions tend to run amok over the current situation Thailand finds itself.

I wonder if you stood on an Anti Putin Demonstration in Moscow how you'd feel that would go down? Personally, Satish is just being made an example, right or wrong, tax payer or not, unless you're a resident and have the same or more or less the same rights as Thai's then stay out of their affairs, he aligned himself with a group who wanted to kidnap members of the Government, who again rightly or wrongly denied many many people their own basic human rights on the early voting, there's an old saying, you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows..

You had the likes of Michael Yon ranting about "hunting down red shirt members" asking people to find them, find out where they lived, where they ate, where they gathered socially and hound them, if that's not incitement then what is? It's all to easy to get caught up in the occassion and step into the limelight and speak your mind, or blog it, but there's the crazies out there who will take what you're asking of them to a different level.

I don't think this guy's worthy of deporting, he was stupid enough to step up, when he could have supported the PDRC in other ways, they say there's no fool like and old fool, and he lived up to that.

Will he be deported, who knows? at the end of the day, he's not really going to be missed, and outside of Sutheps clique, he's a nobody, just another name.

Worthy?

He's been here a long time. He's no doubt crossed a few paths. I have no idea why anyone would consider this to be some kind of witch hunt on a pillar of society expressing his opinion out of love of the country.

Just ask the expat and indian sports community what they might have to say.....

Edited by Thai at Heart

He could do no harm to his cause and position in distancing himself from Suthep and co, and apologize and express his regret at getting carried away with the event and emotion, even if it's complete bullsh*t .

I'm pretty sure we've all aplogized for something we believed in was right in our minds, but to keep the peace, saying sorry lets you move on ;)

What an idiot. He has no right to protest or ask for political change because he is not a Thai citizen.

When he was first charged, he said that he would stop his political activities yet on Monday when Suthep moved to Lumpini he was photographed again standing with the other protest leaders behind Suthep.

Are foreign tax payers not allowed to protest, demonstrate or ask for political change in your home country? Fortunately they are in mine. We call it freedom of expression, and we value it quite highly - unlike Thailand.

Well, what brings you to "uncivilized" Thailand then rather than staying in your heaven like home country?

In the country where I originally came from things have started to spin out of control in a way that rumor has it the Germans intend to rid their own country of themselves. Better to be any nationality in Germany but German. Obviously, Thailand is not following this path. Most likely not "advanced" enough. w00t.gif

I and many others are quite bored with the "if you don't like it go home" argument, which has already been argued to death on TV and elsewhere, so I will leave you to discuss that with someone else :-)

Yes, I will certainly follow your advice avec plaisir, as soon as you and the many other bored people have left and there is no need to raise that "if you don't like it go home" argument anymore because there are just happy campers left in TV and elsewhere. But until then... if the party does not suit you, why not just leave it?

By the way, exactly the reason why I for myself left the previous party szene and joined the Thai party. As easy it is. "But in my home country..." is surely the most boring argument by unhappy foreigners in the country and it is not just boring but even does not make any sense. Despite all that first grade education in the premium world Thailand can not keep up with, as rumour has it once again. giggle.gif

Edited by Richard Hall

nntlogo.jpg

Well if he wins his appeal then I can see the king being flooded with appeals everytime immigration wants to kick someone out. Could set a precedence.

Well here it isn't the immigration, it is Chalerm a politician want to kick someone out. I don't think there are many cases like this. It will be interesting if there is any responds.

He should have no right to file a petition with the King since he is not a Thai citizen. He should be using the courts and not bothering His Majesty

Since when and based on what.....He can petition the King, the British Queen, Putin, Obama or Somchai the Tuk Tuk driver. The thing is if someone will be interested in it or not.

If you limit who is allowed to write a letter to the King, it would mean on the other hand, you are blocking the King to read a letter.

I am confident the King will know best himself if he read or not read the letter and if or if not he'll react to it. No need that some corrupt politician decide beforehand what he is allowed to read and what not.

• Like 1

He could do no harm to his cause and position in distancing himself from Suthep and co, and apologize and express his regret at getting carried away with the event and emotion, even if it's complete bullsh*t .

I'm pretty sure we've all aplogized for something we believed in was right in our minds, but to keep the peace, saying sorry lets you move on wink.png

He told on the stage that he loves Thailand the Thai people and the King.

He didn't offer any political view there (of course it is already a statement if you speak there).

What exactly has he been convicted of? Anything yet?

I think he should be deported, but shouldn't he have to go through a due process? Or does the SOE preclude that? If so, another screwed up thai legal justice piece of CR*p legislation.

The interesting thing the guy himself states he has not received any documentation as regards his deportation order, that in itself suggests he hasn't been through due process, certainly in his case as he is not a long term tourist as are most foreigners in Thailand, he is a PR, therefore he should have been notified officially that his PR status has been revoked, and the next step is deporting him

Charupong - the now former minister of the interior - and the man who spoke in favour of secession at a red shirt rally on February 25 and again reiterated those same unconstitutional sentiments two days later - has now signed an order to deport a man who said no such things.

" At the red-shirt protest rally, Charupong promised all proposals of all hard-core red-shirts made on the stage for implementation. They included the blockading of the office of the National Anti Corruption Commission, and all independent agencies which include Criminal Court, Civil Court and the Election Commission, kidnapping and taking senior officials hostages, and the separation of the country. " ( Thai PBS, March 5 )

It is indeed mad when a man like this can sign a deportation order.

Edited by Scamper

I'm pretty sure we've all aplogized for something we believed in was right in our minds, but to keep the peace, saying sorry lets you move on wink.png

He told on the stage that he loves Thailand the Thai people and the King.

He didn't offer any political view there (of course it is already a statement if you speak there).

Well that must've taken all of what 30 seconds to say ;) I think you'll find he said a lot more than that my friend..

In the picture, that also looks like its at a protest site, so he's talking &lt;deleted&gt; then if he said he's stopped attending, IF it's a site that is ;)

Going after one Indian Thai taxpayer demonstrates how vindictive and subjective Thai law and its people are.

You will find in many countries, when a foreigner involved in activities that violated the rights of other people and its citizen and political activities against a government, he would be either arrested or deported immediately.

What you forget us that in many civilised countries people are entitled to become citizens after 5 years - less in some countries.

Well, now we have evidence that Thailand counts to the civilised countries because you can acquire citizenship if

Section 10.
An alien who possesses the following qualifications may apply for naturalisation as a Thai:
(1) becoming sui jurisin accordance with Thai law and the law under whichhe has nationality;
(2) having good behaviour;
(3) having regular occupation;
(4) having a domicile in the Thai Kingdom for a consecutive period of not less than five years till the day of filing the application for naturalisation;
(5) having knowledge of Thai language as prescribed in the Regulations
Section 11.
The provisions of Section 10 (4) and (5) shall apply if the applicant for naturalisation as a Thai;
(1) has rendered distinguished service to Thailand or has done acts to the benefit of official service, which is deemed suitable by the Minister;
(2) is a child, wife, or husband of a person who has been naturalised as a Thai orhas recovered Thai nationality;
(3) is one who used to have Thai Nationality;
(4) is husband of a person with Thai nationality
smile.png
Edited by Richard Hall

Scamper, on 06 Mar 2014 - 14:00, said:

Charupong - the now former minister of the interior - and the man who spoke in favour of secession at a red shirt rally on February 25 and again reiterated those same unconstitutional sentiments two days later - has now signed an order to deport a man who said no such things.

" At the red-shirt protest rally, Charupong promised all proposals of all hard-core red-shirts made on the stage for implementation. They included the blockading of the office of the National Anti Corruption Commission, and all independent agencies which include Criminal Court, Civil Court and the Election Commission, kidnapping and taking senior officials hostages, and the separation of the country. " ( Thai PBS, March 5 )

It is indeed mad when a man like this can sign a deportation order.

He is still the Minister of the Interior in the Caretaker government.

Normally, within 60 days of the election the caretaker Cabinet will be replaced by a new Cabinet, but Section 181 does not put a maximum timeframe on how long the caretaker Cabinet can continue. It simply states the caretaker Cabinet continues until a new Cabinet takes office.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/120115/will-the-yingluck-government-cease-caretaker/

Best you tell the government they have lost the "caretaker" status, because I don't see anybody official who matters in Thailand that believes your version of the constitution.