Is this for real?

I was surfing another Thailand site and came across a mention of old Khemer sites to visit, whn I googled the name this site: http://www.thailandelite.com/newcreate/tpc_news_view.php?id=6 popped up high up in the results. When I saw the "Visa privilege and Immigration service", I became curious.

Does this mean that they are running a no run visa run/renewal service? 5 year entry? Is this legit, and if so is it worth the money? I mean 2 mill baht isn't tea money now is it?

Edited by pineconehead

• The visa privilege conditions, extension periods, and fees (THB 1,900) are subject to change by Royal Thai government policies and the Thai Immigration Bureau.

You want to try and see how it goes ..... Thailands Elite Card ... cheesy.gif

no thank's ...

whistling.gif That's the old "Elite Card" deal I believe.

That was at least 10 years ago (or more) and was a deal offered by the then government for "preferred elite customers" who wished to stay in Thailand.

Basically, it is no longer funded.

I would not trust anything they say .... because they have been effectively broke for many years now and I would be very skeptical that the 5 year "visa" they are offering would be accepted as valid by immigration now.

The rules have changed, but mostly the government has changed since then. (at least twice I think).

I would be VERY skeptical that they can honor their promises now.

Back then they made many promises, most people who put their money into that program lost it.

The classic case of ..... if it sounds to good to be true ..... then it probably is.

• Like 1

Not that I'm in this class by any means, but the whole thing did have me wondering. This all goes back to the confusion around "the ins and outs" of Thai visas. Of course the "elites" would have something like this.

Edited by pineconehead

Not that I'm in this class by any means, but the whole thing did have me wondering. This all goes back to the confusion around "the ins and outs" of Thai visas.

There is no confusion nor ins and outs you either meet the qualifications for a visa or extension of stay or not.

• Like 1

Yea, that's the Thailand Elite Card program that Thaksin started...been a money loser for Thailand but the Thai govt just can't seem to kill it...and Thaksin's sister sure ain't going to kill it....membership fee is a mere 2 million baht upfront and 20K baht annual fee plus tax...all farang millionaires should consider the program....awesome deal....just ask anyone in the Thailand Elite program. whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

5.1 Membership Fee

THB 2,000,000 (two million Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per Membership or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

5.2 Annual Fee

THB 20,000 (twenty thousand Baht only) exclusive of value added tax per annum or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

5.3 Membership Transfer Fee

The Membership transfer fee shall be at the rate of twenty (20) percent of prevailing rate exclusive of value added tax.

5.4 Card Reissuing Fee

THB 4,000 (four thousand Baht only) exclusive of value added tax or an equivalent amount in USD pursuant to the Exchange rate which will be notified by the Company or the Sales Agent (as the case may be) to the applicant/ the Member.

5.5 Penalty Charge

Cancellation of reservation for certain services pursuant to the Privilege Book must be notified in advance by the Member to the Member Contact Centre in accordance with the terms and conditions as stated in the Privilege Book, otherwise the Member shall be responsible to pay the Penalty Charge to the Company at the applicable rate so stated in the Privilege Book.

Great for young retirees like myself who don't want to take the ED route.

This is really great option and personally I not understand visa runners from US or EU or UK. This is only 60k USD which is for some professions is only several months of salary payment in the US, where good pro can earn 120k per year.

If someone want to divide 20 years to months, this will be about 260-280 USD per month. No hassles, no runs, etc.

I not say, sometimes Elite plans can be purchased second hand, this legit in program. Last year friend of mine bought for 1.5M old membership with lifetime (not 20 years) validity. Friend happy, because for next 10 years he want to stay here and 150k thb/year is a perfect option for retired airline pilot, who just want to hassle-free relaxation.

• Like 1

Great for young retirees like myself who don't want to take the ED route.

This is really great option and personally I not understand visa runners from US or EU or UK. This is only 60k USD which is for some professions is only several months of salary payment in the US, where good pro can earn 120k per year.

If someone want to divide 20 years to months, this will be about 260-280 USD per month. No hassles, no runs, etc.

I not say, sometimes Elite plans can be purchased second hand, this legit in program. Last year friend of mine bought for 1.5M old membership with lifetime (not 20 years) validity. Friend happy, because for next 10 years he want to stay here and 150k thb/year is a perfect option for retired airline pilot, who just want to hassle-free relaxation.

to each one his own but retired pilot or anything, $5,000 a year just for the privilege is a lot of money that can be spent otherwise.

you want to be hassle free ? give $500 a year to a "lawyer" they will bring you your yearly retirement visa on a silver plate and do all the related paperwork without you leaving villa ever.

people able to part with $65K should be able to cough up the 10M for an investment visa, it remains your money with which you can buy RE i think, ad if you move on or die and leave to relatives, no gifts ever to Thai gov.t, last time I checked they do not give away anything to foreigners.

Edited by paz

For a retiree at 50, which is when a person could could get a retirement extension of stay at a cost of Bt1,900 annual cost, that retiree would have to live "another" 1,126 years to break even on the Bt2M +7% VAT Elite Card (Bt2.14M). However, but, since there is also a Bt20K +7% VAT (Bt21.4K) annual Elite Card fee even to the end of time is not long enough to break even...in fact, the annual fee along is over 11 times the cost of an annual retirement extension. If there are any retirees out there who got the card after the age of 50 then the ol' saying of a Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted definitely applies.

• Like 1

Actually Thailand Elite is a great deal. Green fees at multiple courses, free spa treatments, annual check ups at Bangkok Hospital (my last full checkup was ฿30k), greeting at airport and transfer through VIP queue/fast track (I pay about ฿1500 for this up to twice a month if not flying an airline that has doesn't give out fast track coupons or access), limousine transfer (about ฿2500 per instance although I'm more of an ARL guy), food discounts, shopping discounts.

I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Actually Thailand Elite is a great deal. Green fees at multiple courses, free spa treatments, annual check ups at Bangkok Hospital (my last full checkup was ฿30k), greeting at airport and transfer through VIP queue/fast track (I pay about ฿1500 for this up to twice a month if not flying an airline that has doesn't give out fast track coupons or access), limousine transfer (about ฿2500 per instance although I'm more of an ARL guy), food discounts, shopping discounts.

I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

See, even rich folks are looking for good value.

to each one his own but retired pilot or anything, $5,000 a year just for the privilege is a lot of money that can be spent otherwise.

you want to be hassle free ? give $500 a year to a "lawyer" they will bring you your yearly retirement visa on a silver plate and do all the related paperwork without you leaving villa ever....

$500 is a good deal. I am aware of a local contact that gets 15 month extension (I think a non-o visa + 12 month ext) for 20k. A little more if you want multiple re-entry. Not required to leave LoS; paperwork is straightforward.

"You dont need to learn to love yourself; you just need to UNLEARN all the reasons you reject yourself..." -sent from TV app (Note 2).

whistling.gif On that so-called "Elite" card program ..... many things were promised ..... but as I understand it many of those promises never came to be, or have been removed or scaled back since the program ran into "financial difficulties".

I'm not an expert on it but I would be happy if someone who currently IS on that program would post on this topic and tell us EXACTLY what benefits they currently have.

That 5 year visa for example ...... is there ANYONE who is actually on that five year visa.

Please post and tell us .... we don't need to know your name.

Come on someone, post and tell us exactly what benefits your money is getting you right now at this very minute.

As I understand it the Elite card program is in fact broke right now, can't even pay it's bills. never mind providing "benefits" for the users.

Prove me wrong if you can.