Satish appeals to HM the King over Thai govt order to deport him

webfact

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satish said he would need to rely on the court to ensure justice, adding "I believe in the Thai justice system."

Yet he claims:

"I am innocent and they should not have persecuted me. If I did anything wrong, I would have admitted to it,

And that:

He said that he had never been summoned by the authorities to hear a formal charge against him and that he had never been formally notified.

And then he goes to the highest authority of all to request a pardon!

Doesn't sound to me like he believes in the Thai justice system.....

No, I think he has a great deal of faith in the Thai Judicial system, but unfortunately, he has been caught up in the Thaksin judicial system...!!

I am not an expert in these kind of matters, but I do recall reading somewhere that Thailand is a member of the Untied Nations and a signatory of the UN charter with regards of "freedom of speech"? Is it not the right of anyone whatever race, color, citizenship to voice their opinions in a non-violent manner?

You say it's highly disrespectful to bother the Monarchy when he made a stupid error, so how do you then justify every other person that has made an appeal to the Monarchy for their "stupid errors" such as murder, rape, drugs, lese majeste etc etc? Are they not also then being highly disrespectful to the Monarchy in that case? Yes. he broke "the law" (technically), but it's hardly on the same scale as all the other offences that are brought to the attention of the Monarchy..

Let's not forget, this is not a tourist, or a visitor, this is a man who has lived in and contributed to this country for decades AND has (had) Permanent Residency. His entire family is living here (and I believe most have "citizenship"), does that not afford him some "rights"?

To me, PT/CMPO have MADE this a political issue by cracking down on an easy target, not because it's "right" or "fair", but just because "they can" and need to be seen to be making some kind of progress in dealing with the protestors.

Many of those appeals are for people who claim their innocence, or making a plea for leniency in cases involving life imprisonment or death-sentence. Or in cases where the foreigner simply did not understand the laws of this nation. Crimes also of poor starving people stealing to survive, or murdering in self-defense etc.

Satish knew what he was doing, he got clear warning not to do it. He did not do it to feed his family or defend his life. And he is not appealing to have his life-sentence cut shorter or to avoid execution. He is simply trying to avoid deportation, after he was told that doing something would result in his deportation and he said basically who cares I'm going to do it anyway.

wai2.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

again this is the ignorant Thai government raising it's ugly head and stating to all "you are not one of us"

You do not have the same rights as us.

You are not free to express yourself or opinions.

It doesn't matter how long you've been here or what you've contributed to the country you can always leave.

You do not have those inalienable rights that developed countries have, we are a third world country with third world views.

If you are not Thai you will always be a second class citizen or less.

We are not America though we spew "democracy" whenever we can but we don't know what it means.

You stay too long and can go home even if you don't have one. bah.gif

What incredible hubris.

• That is correct: foreigners in Thailand do not have the same rights as Thais. So?
  • That is correct: as a foreigner and a guest, your freedom of expression is limited. So? (most countries do not welcome foreign agitators)
  • That is correct: however long you've been in Thailand, you're still a guest. So act like one, formally immigrate, or leave. It's simple.
  • That is nonsense: all your squealing about inalienable rights. Human beings have definite rights with respect to their own chosen governments, which THEY elect, but which do NOT include any right to meddle in the affairs of OTHER people's governments!
  • That is correct: if you are not Thai, you are a guest and will (most assuredly) never have the same rights as Thais do in their own country. (See above; if being a guest doesn't suit you, go home.)
  • That is correct: Thais are not Americans. And I expect the vast majority of them could care less whether their concept of democracy coincides with yours or not. Democracy is not a one-size-fits-all prescription for government, by definition actually.
  • That is correct: unless you break their laws and manage to get yourself locked up, you're free to leave and go wherever you want (or wherever they'll have you, which with your attitude, will eventually not be everywhere...)

Beginning to see a pattern here? You sound like the type of guest who walks into someone else's home and starts criticizing their décor, the way they raise their kids & treat their pets, and sticking you nose into their family quarrels. You're a GUEST!!!!! Learn to ACT like one, or expect to lose your welcome!!!!!

• Like 1

First I read Satish has lived in Thailand for 50 years. Now it's 65 years. When it becomes 150 years I'm going to start disbelieveing his position.

Blaming the bad reporting. He didn't write the articles you read.

;)

As much as I do not like the legal system in Thailand, I must say that in the case involving Satish, he deserves to be deported knowing that he should not get involved in any protest or demonstration as a foreigner or residency holder. If he wants to continue living in Thailand, he does not need to get involved in any politic, let alone endorsing such political movements as PDRC. Being a businessman, he is not too smart about his dealings with Thai officials. He should be deported to set an example to the rest of the residency holders in Thailand that you do not mess around with politics when you have no business in doing so.

• Like 1

First I read Satish has lived in Thailand for 50 years. Now it's 65 years. When it becomes 150 years I'm going to start disbelieveing his position.

wink.png

Good chance he lied to the reporters though.

You say it's highly disrespectful to bother the Monarchy when he made a stupid error, so how do you then justify every other person that has made an appeal to the Monarchy for their "stupid errors" such as murder, rape, drugs, lese majeste etc etc? Are they not also then being highly disrespectful to the Monarchy in that case? Yes. he broke "the law" (technically), but it's hardly on the same scale as all the other offences that are brought to the attention of the Monarchy..

Let's not forget, this is not a tourist, or a visitor, this is a man who has lived in and contributed to this country for decades AND has (had) Permanent Residency. His entire family is living here (and I believe most have "citizenship"), does that not afford him some "rights"?

To me, PT/CMPO have MADE this a political issue by cracking down on an easy target, not because it's "right" or "fair", but just because "they can" and need to be seen to be making some kind of progress in dealing with the protestors.

Many of those appeals are for people who claim their innocence, or making a plea for leniency in cases involving life imprisonment or death-sentence. Or in cases where the foreigner simply did not understand the laws of this nation. Crimes also of poor starving people stealing to survive, or murdering in self-defense etc.

Is there any evidentiary validity to your speculation?

wink.png

Good chance he lied to the reporters though.

Strange remark when thread after thread here pan the various news media sources here.

again this is the ignorant Thai government raising it's ugly head and stating to all "you are not one of us"

It doesn't matter how long you've been here or what you've contributed to the country you can always leave.

You do not have those inalienable rights that developed countries have, we are a third world country with third world views.

We are not America though we spew "democracy" whenever we can but we don't know what it means.

I agree on what you feel and mean, but in this case it is not about express an opinion , it is about a foreigner who is involved in seizing Thai (government) properties.

I think any country (even the real democratic) where you stay on a visa would have you at least in trial.

I agree on what you feel and mean, but in this case it is not about express an opinion , it is about a foreigner who is involved in seizing Thai (government) properties.

What government property did he seize?

What a load of nonsense.

As visitor, tourists or whatever you are not afforded the same rights of abode and protection as a citizen. This is largely universal.

Break the law and there can be consequences.

Right, stupid law! "All men are not created equal" that's the problem.

Thais go to America, they can work, they can protest, their rights for being a human being are protected under the constitution.

Here the constitution and laws don't seem to have anything to do with each other.

Mr. Satish, it seems did not follow the normal channels of appeal and went directly to the top. If he is let off the hook, will more foreigners like him be so emboldened as to join the protesters? This is a test case that may set a precedent that nobody wants to see - unless you are Mr. Suthep.

I am not an expert in these kind of matters, but I do recall reading somewhere that Thailand is a member of the Untied Nations and a signatory of the UN charter with regards of "freedom of speech"? Is it not the right of anyone whatever race, color, citizenship to voice their opinions in a non-violent manner?

Check about the people in Thai jails for exercising their "freedom of speech"

Satish made a mistake and that is his problem now. He should not waste the time of such a truly wonderful person, who should not be dragged into these type of trivial and stressful personal mistakes, and '"put on the spot" in this way.

If you loved Thailand you would not pester such an illustrious person in his elderly frail condition, it is disrespectful.

Especially when Satish is simply receiving the justice promised him - all foreigners were clearly told to avoid protest sites and incendiary rhetoric, and Satish didn't.

Well is your point that the appeal for pardon system is wrong, in which case I think you should concern yourself with the thousands pardoned from the jails every year - or does overcrowding come in to it?

Or is your point that an illustrious elderly person should not be pestered with such minor matters, in which case I think you might be surprised to learn that most of those things would be handled by the Royal Staff.

Or perhaps you are miffed that not just the wonderful Thai people can avail themselves but those Alien foreigners are allowed to as well?

Or perhaps that you just do not like the guy because he believes Thailand would be better off without your precious corrupt and incompetent traitors in the PTP who have stolen from the treasury in huge sums and proven inept in about everything they touch!

I believe its none of the above.

Its just pure respect and love for his Majesty and what he has done for the country.

This is not the time to get the monarchy involved in politics. There is actually no time to do so.

Thai's have to solve the problem among themselves instead of behaving like spoiled children when they don't get their own way go crying to their parents asking them to take sides.

How can any monarchy fail to be involved in politics when monarchies themselves are political institutions?

As much as I do not like the legal system in Thailand, I must say that in the case involving Satish, he deserves to be deported knowing that he should not get involved in any protest or demonstration as a foreigner or residency holder. If he wants to continue living in Thailand, he does not need to get involved in any politic, let alone endorsing such political movements as PDRC. Being a businessman, he is not too smart about his dealings with Thai officials. He should be deported to set an example to the rest of the residency holders in Thailand that you do not mess around with politics when you have no business in doing so.

When bad men combine the good must associate; else they will fall one by one,an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

Edmund Burke,....."Thoughts on the cause of of present disccontents",1770

• Like 1

Is there any evidentiary validity to your speculation?

The evidence lies at the discretion of the Ministry of Justice, the Department of Corrections and the Office of His Majesty Principal Private Secretary.

http://www.correct.go.th/eng/royal_pardon.html

Often times those considered for pardon are petty criminals with good behavior.

I am not aware of murderers or rapist ever being pardoned but nothing in Thailand is written in stone.

Often time those with connections use this loophole to gain freedom but I'm sure abuse is kept in check by the Office of His Majesty.

I do not understand :

- a visa or a residence permit is a "favour" granted by a government to a foreigner...and this favour can be withdrawn.

- if Mr Satish can appeal to a court it would imply that he has a "right" to stay..... ???

it is simple..

Foreigners were Warned and the told that the consequences would be deportation.

He did not obey.

Now he is facing the Consequence that was promised.

No matter how long you live in a foreign country, until u have the "citizenship" you are still a "foreigner"

Sorry for him but he did make a mistake.