Rally leader Taya suspends activities for safety of her family; Thaksin's ex-wife at Emporium

webfact

How is it disingenuous?

It appears that any Red government (poor or not) will lead to a coup.

If anything is disingenuous here it is the justification you give for the (failed) attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of the country.

The government did the right thing by the voters, it dissolved itself and called for elections i.e. returned power to the people.

There was / is no need for a coup. All the other mob has to do is front up to elections and accept the result.

If they win, power is theirs - legally.

This I would very much accept.

Woah dude -

Who said there will be a coup? Who was talking about removing a legitimate government?

I was just agreeing with your argument that actions have consequence. An idea which you seemed perfectly happy with 30 minutes ago!

Edited by jonclark
  • Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

Based on whistleblowing? Even better yet, she should be sent to a "re-education" camp to conform to your Thai Rouge schooling.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not taking any sides but I think Prbkk is speaking of punishment for "harassment". I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it's within anyone's constitutional rights, free speech or not, follow someone else in a privately owned establishment and blow whistles at them. Of course, legal action would have been the correct course instead of bombs and drivebys but as we know, sometimes temper can get the best of us.

And when "temper can get the best of us" to this extent, is not a prison term to be expected?

Indeed! Jail time to Taya for harassment and jail time to whoever the assailants of the bombings/shootings were (this would include Potjaman if a link could be proven with evidence, not just heresay)

Yet another Thai learning that actions have consequences.

Sorry I don't get you.

You mean blowing whistle (action) = bomb and shooting attacks (consequences)?

That's exactly what this lady is claiming.

She blew her whistle in someones ear and believes that because of that action "someone" threw a bomb at her house.

She also hopes that the action of her suspending her protesting will as a consequence prevent further such attacks against her from occurring.

How is it disingenuous?

It appears that any Red government (poor or not) will lead to a coup.

If anything is disingenuous here it is the justification you give for the (failed) attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of the country.

The government did the right thing by the voters, it dissolved itself and called for elections i.e. returned power to the people.

There was / is no need for a coup. All the other mob has to do is front up to elections and accept the result.

If they win, power is theirs - legally.

This I would very much accept.

Woah dude -

Who said there will be a coup? Who was talking about removing a legitimate government?

I was just agreeing with your argument that actions have consequence. An idea which you seemed perfectly happy with 30 minutes ago!

Sorry mate, sometimes it hard to decipher the meaning of many of the posts here.

I mistakenly took your statement that (alleged) poor governance justifies a coup literally.

Easy mistake given a large segment of the people posting here are actually of that frame of mind

Apologies.

Sorry I don't get you.

She blew her whistle in someones ear and believes that because of that action "someone" threw a bomb at her house.

She also hopes that the action of her suspending her protesting will as a consequence prevent further such attacks against her from occurring.

If massively escalated violence is an expected consequence, would you recommend Pojaman and her ex- start wearing bullet-proof vests?

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

I'm glad you are not a judge in a legal system. Even the inbred axe handle carrying red necks back where I come from would know better than to make a statement like this. But on the other hand they are not a troll on TVF.

• Like 1

Sorry I don't get you.

If massively escalated violence is an expected consequence, would you recommend Pojaman and her ex- start wearing bullet-proof vests?

Massively escalated violence is not an expected consequence.... - it is merely one of many possible consequences that one would be wise to acknowledge given the current climate in Bangkok.

Thaksin ex can do whatever she wants.

If I were her though, I would most definitely be keeping a low profile by amongst other things avoiding the local Gucci outlet. I would also probably head to Paris for the spring, but alas I didn't have the good fortune to marry a super successful business person as she did.

Massively escalated violence is not an expected consequence.... - it is merely one of many possible consequences that one would be wise to acknowledge given the current climate in Bangkok.

If I were her though, I would most definitely be keeping a low profile by amongst other things avoiding the local Gucci outlet. I would also probably head to Paris for the spring, but alas I didn't have the good fortune to marry a super successful business person as she did.

But her "friends" have massively escalated the violence, and repercussions are to be expected, right?

BTW Pojaman didn't just "marry a super successful business person", she was his assistant in his crimes which made him rich. In fact Daddy, as Chief of Police, gave the approval to his first scam, and she was an active participant in the crime for which he was sentenced. In between we had asset concealment cases and a divorce to protect the family wealth.

• Like 1

I think it is unacceptable the bombings and the perpetrators should be charged.

Now they know how Y/L feels, having her family harassed and intimidated, BUT, she supports Suthep and his threats of "detain" Y/L and MP's and warning them to make arrangements for their wives and kids, or is that different? and that is perfectly acceptable? now she has a little fear and thinks it NOT ok for threats and violence and peoples family's should be left out of it, I wonder if she and her husband will make a public apology? and publicly denounce Sutheps threats? some how I think not...

Just like the terrorist who threatened her and her family, cause at the end of the day the red rabble will get their collective <deleted> well and truly wacked.

But her "friends" have massively escalated the violence, and repercussions are to be expected, right?

BTW Pojaman didn't just "marry a super successful business person", she was his assistant in his crimes which made him rich. In fact Daddy, as Chief of Police, gave the approval to his first scam, and she was an active participant in the crime for which he was sentenced. In between we had asset concealment cases and a divorce to protect the family wealth.

Maybe it was her friends, maybe it was Sutheps' friends or maybe Elvis isn't really dead and is out running amok on the streets of Bangkok. We just don't know as there has been no arrests and no convictions for any of the grenade throwing that has been going on.

Any of the participants in the current events should be fully aware of the 20 or more deaths that have occurred and should realise that it is not a game and should seriously think about whatever actions they are going to take before taking them.

I think it is unacceptable the bombings and the perpetrators should be charged.

Now they know how Y/L feels, having her family harassed and intimidated, BUT, she supports Suthep and his threats of "detain" Y/L and MP's and warning them to make arrangements for their wives and kids, or is that different? and that is perfectly acceptable? now she has a little fear and thinks it NOT ok for threats and violence and peoples family's should be left out of it, I wonder if she and her husband will make a public apology? and publicly denounce Sutheps threats? some how I think not...

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT - PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Had we known how democratic our Thailand is and how consequently freedom of speech is regarded, we would never have dared to blow a whistle at k. Potjaman. Obviously this Amply Rich lady has many supporters who may not be so rich in pecunia but try to make that up by an interesting amount of violence applied in the name of democracy.

We hereby publicly offer an apology to k. Potjaman and hope she will accept these well-meant excuses to the point of calling of her hounds of war. To show our sincereness we also publish this note on our facebook page and have mailed a copy to the local HRW group, Amnesty International and Mr. Ban at the UN.

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT - PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

as directed,

legal representative,

tongue-in-cheeky

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

First time I've ever heard centi- millionaire.

You may have just coined a phrase.

Hey Doggy! beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

He used to throw personal insults at people when he could not argue a valid rational points. Now it seems he just cherry picks a word out and says something about that.

Maybe it was her friends, maybe it was Sutheps' friends or maybe Elvis isn't really dead and is out running amok on the streets of Bangkok. We just don't know as there has been no arrests and no convictions for any of the grenade throwing that has been going on.

Any of the participants in the current events should be fully aware of the 20 or more deaths that have occurred and should realise that it is not a game and should seriously think about whatever actions they are going to take before taking them.

Democracy: a state of freedom where blowing a whistle at an Amply Rich lady can lead to violent retaliations.

Mind you, in most democracies I know, the violent retaliations would be the lodging of a complaint at the local police station.

Whistle blowers: 1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif1zgarz5.gif

TS wife: dam_n it. Get the boys tonight and give them some "blows" as well.

Gunmen: Shoot,shoot,shoot. Bomb,bomb,bombs!

Police case reported.

Policemen to whistle blowers: Charges: ''intimidation'', ''harassment'', ''assault'', public nuisance, annoying body language, fail to request for whistle blowing, tailgating......

Weapon used: 1 tiny whistle wrap around each neck.

Action: They use their internal strength from the ass to the lung and to the throat, giving a full tremendous loud vibration that propagates as a mechanical wave of pressure and displacement, through some medium (such as air or water). Sound is their tool for crime.

Policemen to his buddies: "Hey Guys!!! What else can we charge these whistle blowers!?? Rack some brains man!"

Policemen to Mdm TS ex wife:

"Mdm TS ex wife, We have collected the evidence and watched the video of you been assaulted whistled in the shopping centre. The police has concluded that such actions bring ultimate physically and emotional eternal pain to you. It leaves a devastating scar in your weakening soul. As for the shootings/bombs attacks. Although there are no proofs that you are the mastermind. Even if you are the culprit, you will be acquitted. we have ruled the attacks are 100% JUSTIFIED. Actions have consequences. Whistle blowing is the most horrible crime we have ever seen. In fact, we suggested you to use Bazooka next time. One shot clear all. Hassle free, on target, mission accomplished.

I Believe some of the TV members love this movie script. guitar.gif

Edited by Smokemachine

So you default to "nobody saw us, you can't prove it". And not only are there no arrests or convictions, it appears there is very little investigation when the answer might be the "wrong" one.

So you default to "nobody saw us, you can't prove it". And not only are there no arrests or convictions, it appears there is very little investigation when the answer might be the "wrong" one.

My default position is "innocent until proven guilty".

I believe the world would be a better place if everyone thought likewise - don't you?

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I'm not advocating anything, it's false of you to suggest that I am.

I am stating what is common knowledge.

Actions have consequences.

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

Don't try and weasel out of your comment, your meaning was quiet clear and understood by most people.

Why? She isn't the one bombing people.

More to the point why isn't thaksin's ex in gaol? i thought she'd got three years for corruption or something like that.

I don't know what happened to her charges. But it's not up to this Khunying's daughter to take matters into her own hands.

Isn't that what whistle blowing is all about? Exposing the guilty?

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

Don't try and weasel out of your comment, your meaning was quiet clear and understood by most people.

What's the plan here - persistent false accusations and a refusal to accept facts.

A play right out of Sutheps' book if ever there was one.

Edited by ManofReason
  • Like 1

What's the plan here - persistent false accusations and a refusal to accept facts.

237 posts in a week - most engaging in a battle with long time members.

Not the mark of a newbie me thinks.

• Like 1

Correct -- red boiler room typing pool.

The battle is not with long time members, but with the irrational, no matter what guise its origins.

I am the ManofReason and yes I wear a cape.

• Like 1

I am the ManofReason and yes I wear a cape.

Do you think the Thais will accept a Red Superhero if he's a Farang ?

As long as I restrict the use of my superpowers to destroying frivolous nonsense posted on the internet I think I will be accepted. Should I stray, no doubt I'll end up in India room sharing with Mr Sehgal.

• Like 1

"prompted her to feel sorry for what she had done".

And so she should!

Did you guys see the actual video of this public intimidation and threats of violence?

These goons harrased them all the way to the car park and then attempted to stop them from leaving.

resigned because she fears safety for the kids at her mums school MY ASS!

Just another right wing snob couple that started a fight and ran away the first sign of repercussion of their loutish behaviour bah.gif

• Like 1

Intimidation of people with the use of grenades and this fella here voices neither approval or disapproval. It's typical of the red sympathizers. If the anti government protestors did this, they would jump on it calling them 'thugs' and 'fascists'. When reds to do it, we neither approve nor disapprove. What a bunch of hypocritical scum.

We don't know who it is that has been using grenades.

There have been no arrests and no convictions. In all the instances of grenade throwing that I am aware of a decent argument could be made against either side being the criminal party (with the exception of the grenade the PDRC launched at the brave police officers on Feb 18).

My gut tells me that the PDRC leadership have been bombing their own houses with dud grenades, but I'm self aware enough to recognise my own bias and acknowledge the distinct lack of evidence so don't claim this opinion as a fact.

There is no hypocrisy here my friend - only a man of reason.

Of course the hypocrites are going to blame the protestors for bombing themselves. They hide behind 'reason' but the fact of the matter is, their side can do no wrong and the real victims are always the ones that are 'bombing themselves!' clap2.gif

Intimidation of people with the use of grenades and this fella here voices neither approval or disapproval. It's typical of the red sympathizers. If the anti government protestors did this, they would jump on it calling them 'thugs' and 'fascists'. When reds to do it, we neither approve nor disapprove. What a bunch of hypocritical scum.

We don't know who it is that has been using grenades.

There have been no arrests and no convictions. In all the instances of grenade throwing that I am aware of a decent argument could be made against either side being the criminal party (with the exception of the grenade the PDRC launched at the brave police officers on Feb 18).

My gut tells me that the PDRC leadership have been bombing their own houses with dud grenades, but I'm self aware enough to recognise my own bias and acknowledge the distinct lack of evidence so don't claim this opinion as a fact.

There is no hypocrisy here my friend - only a man of reason.

Of course the hypocrites are going to blame the protestors for bombing themselves. They hide behind 'reason' but the fact of the matter is, their side can do no wrong and the real victims are always the ones that are 'bombing themselves!' clap2.gif

I think the reds have suffered far more deaths and injuries over the last decade than the Yellows.

It is sad that there should be any casualties at all, especially when all this could have been resolved through the acceptance by the losers of the results of elections.