thailand missing opportunities by No foreign ownership

jacksam

My thing is that if you make a home that can be moved you cover yourself from relationship breakups & can also move to anywhere you like . Like a previous poster has said ,it needent be shipping containers it could be traditional Thai wood or someother concept .It is about the mobility of the house because land you can rent anywhere . You may have to move for whatever reason but you dont lose the house. yes you lose things like septic tank plumbing & cost of concrete bed however if you do it right it will all fit into a shipping container & could be shipped anywhere in the world so it is a home for life no more swary estate agent con artist to put up with.smile.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stop the rampant development as much as possible, anyway possible, is the best policy.

Enough said.

I think that will auto stop itself when the bubble bursts . I have never ever seen so much property just sitting empty as I have in BKK. Some of the villages are like ghost towns yet still they build & build. Meanwhile the small townhouse villages are packed out. It does seem like the ordinary working class Thai has already been priced out of the market.

Another consideration to think about is that with climate change & the predictions that Thailand could lose a third of it's land mass in the next 1-2 decades is building or buying static housing sensable . If you get wet feet in a moveable home you can go to higher land the people that bought will suffer the same as the people in the USA floods. Don't expect the developers to warn you .

choosing a good site - above any possible 100-year flooding

exposure to good natural ventilation - up on poles is good, reason for that being normal here, also no need for a slab

and good shade, shoot for zero direct heat gain

all come before any thoughts about the building itself

little English teacher who cheats landladies out of rent.

Only 40% to go now paying that off, she's quite happy with me thanks, said no interest needed, even knocked off two months for the improvements I'd made to the place, may come and stay at my family's place stateside when she travels next year.

No longer teaching either.

But thanks for your concern.

Stop the rampant development as much as possible, anyway possible, is the best policy.

Enough said.

I think that will auto stop itself when the bubble bursts . I have never ever seen so much property just sitting empty as I have in BKK. Some of the villages are like ghost towns yet still they build & build. Meanwhile the small townhouse villages are packed out. It does seem like the ordinary working class Thai has already been priced out of the market.

Another consideration to think about is that with climate change & the predictions that Thailand could lose a third of it's land mass in the next 1-2 decades is building or buying static housing sensable . If you get wet feet in a moveable home you can go to higher land the people that bought will suffer the same as the people in the USA floods. Don't expect the developers to warn you .

Very interesting, and I don't often read about empty commercial and retail products in BKK.

Where the world does read about it is China.

China has its 64 million empty condos, and if BKK also has the same rate of empties, then this is interesting

There are some places in Asia which do not have as high a surplus.

I am waiting for the next big correction to see what happens to China, and also I am interested and hoping that what happens in Thailand will not be that bad if there is a major correction in the real estate market,with a nose dive in prices.

The Chinese market is crazy, although some say it is not.

• Like 1

Enough said.

Very interesting, and I don't often read about empty commercial and retail products in BKK.

China has its 64 million empty condos, and if BKK also has the same rate of empties, then this is interesting

I am waiting for the next big correction to see what happens to China, and also I am interested and hoping that what happens in Thailand will not be that bad if there is a major correction in the real estate market,with a nose dive in prices.

China is already beginning its banking crisis, as defaults and warnings of defaults have begun,

the Empty condo figures in China arent reliable, as many cities hav been built for the future, and are intended to be empty

whereas Thailand is just a real estate mess

Enough said.

China is already beginning its banking crisis, as defaults and warnings of defaults have begun,

the Empty condo figures in China arent reliable, as many cities hav been built for the future, and are intended to be empty

whereas Thailand is just a real estate mess

Very interesting to watch, and exciting times, or the other way around.

Who knows, this may be the year we see "the BIG crisis" finally hit China after so many years of these dire predictions. I don't wish ill on anyone except the corrupt leadership. However, when you say they have built for the future, you also have to wonder how all that shoddy building material will hold up and for how long in the future.

Most of it looks pretty messy after a few years, and even the government expects to tear down and rebuild after a relatively short period of time.

I am just watching and waiting, because I am now tired of predicting and always getting China wrong, or often.

• Like 1

Very interesting to watch, and exciting times, or the other way around.

Who knows, this may be the year we see "the BIG crisis" finally hit China after so many years of these dire predictions. I don't wish ill on anyone except the corrupt leadership. However, when you say they have built for the future, you also have to wonder how all that shoddy building material will hold up and for how long in the future.

Most of it looks pretty messy after a few years, and even the government expects to tear down and rebuild after a relatively short period of time.

I am just watching and waiting, because I am now tired of predicting and always getting China wrong, or often.

As China's shadow banking system grinds to a halt the money has to go somewhere. Thailand is starting to sing,

No one can "get China right" because they have zero accountability and are milking and bilking until they capture with aggression what they cannot obtain by fraud,

There is nothing that can be believed in anything that comes out of China,

and here is one of their "wealthy tourists" in Chaing Mai, showing the rest of Asia, what they really feel about them

post-192707-0-12966900-1394741925_thumb.