Justice or 'just us'?: Thai editorial

webfact

"Motorists who bribe the police are being unjust to honest road users."

erm... isn't that like blaming the victim for standing in the way of a flying bullet?!

Anyway, even petty cases - non-political in nature - can still be 'resolved' with a judicious sprinkling of financial fairy dust. That is the real justice system. Everything has a price - from top to bottom - and 'politics' is merely the unproductive accumulation of money into a small number of bank accounts.

Reform the judiciary first. When justice is actually seen to be happening, then the little people may have the balls to stand up for their rights as already enshrined in law.

Does anyone think - even for a second - that Thailand will change, or is it just a "lost cause"?

I think the corruption was more underground and on a much smaller scale pre Thaksin. Thaksin has taken corruption to a whole other level never heard of.

There are some very real problems of injustice in the country, Funny to call it injustice, when I would call it corruption, for every rich person that buys their sons deferment from military service an injustice is caused to a young Thai that must take that persons place in the service. I consider what the nation address as injustice to be a arm of the inbred corruption that needs to be weeded out of the system in any reform, the protesters are only looking at political corruption and turning their backs on other forms of corruption in the country, but it is good that the media begins to address the real problems in the country, a major step in the right direction.

Cheers

• Like 1