Pheu Thai to impeach six charter court judges and Vicha Mahakhun

webfact

Pheu Thai's final push against the rule of law. They are stepping up their full-frontal attacks on the Constitutional Court and the NACC, adding to a list which already includes the EC - whom they've also threatened to take to court, as well as the Civil Court, whom they have now defied by pressing on with a deportation order, even though the Civil Court in one of its provisions strictly forbade them from doing that. No matter, Pheu Thai will simply clear the deck of any judicial opposition. Could it be any more crystal clear how much of an enormous threat Thaksin and Pheu Thai are ? Thaksin is clearly pulling out all the stops. All the anger, all the resentment he has stored up over these years against all these institutions and anyone he regards as his " enemies " ( i.e. anyone who does not support him or does not do as he wishes ) - all of this has just bubbled up inside him, and now it's all pouring out in all directions. It's more desperation that anything. He does not know what else to do. It is only the only tune he knows how to play. Everything, every ambition he has harboured over the years is coming crashing down. He can't stand it, and so we have this final push to clear the slate. In addition, there is this dangerous climate of a secession movement. Prayuth will not be able to stand back much longer. But if the courts themselves are threatened, it will likely be impossible for him not to act. The army has a sworn obligation to protect the constitution and the rule of law. The courts must be allowed to proceed without threat and without intimidation.

The obsession on and against a conveniently constructed demon prevents you recognizing the significance of the salient socioeconomic movement and forces currently redefining Thai society, politics, government. Your Edgar Allen Poe imaginings combined with psychobabble are working overtime and in the extreme. Your lust for a coup shows you miss entirely that Prayuth knows a military mutiny would end nothing and be unenforceable outside Bangkok - your failure to recognize Prayuth's accurate analysis betrays your superficial approach to the crisis. You miss that the well timed talk of secession is an effective strategic tool that has caused the old guard to look into the abyss and to reconsider their own obsessions, which is something you yourself need to do.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pheu Thai's final push against the rule of law. They are stepping up their full-frontal attacks on the Constitutional Court and the NACC, adding to a list which already includes the EC - whom they've also threatened to take to court, as well as the Civil Court, whom they have now defied by pressing on with a deportation order, even though the Civil Court in one of its provisions strictly forbade them from doing that. No matter, Pheu Thai will simply clear the deck of any judicial opposition. Could it be any more crystal clear how much of an enormous threat Thaksin and Pheu Thai are ? Thaksin is clearly pulling out all the stops. All the anger, all the resentment he has stored up over these years against all these institutions and anyone he regards as his " enemies " ( i.e. anyone who does not support him or does not do as he wishes ) - all of this has just bubbled up inside him, and now it's all pouring out in all directions. It's more desperation that anything. He does not know what else to do. It is only the only tune he knows how to play. Everything, every ambition he has harboured over the years is coming crashing down. He can't stand it, and so we have this final push to clear the slate. In addition, there is this dangerous climate of a secession movement. Prayuth will not be able to stand back much longer. But if the courts themselves are threatened, it will likely be impossible for him not to act. The army has a sworn obligation to protect the constitution and the rule of law. The courts must be allowed to proceed without threat and without intimidation.

The obsession on and against a conveniently constructed demon prevents you recognizing the significance of the salient socioeconomic movement and forces currently redefining Thai society, politics, government. Your Edgar Allen Poe imaginings combined with psychobabble are working overtime and in the extreme. Your lust for a coup shows you miss entirely that Prayuth knows a military mutiny would end nothing and be unenforceable outside Bangkok - your failure to recognize Prayuth's accurate analysis betrays your superficial approach to the crisis. You miss that the well timed talk of secession is an effective strategic tool that has caused the old guard to look into the abyss and to reconsider their own obsessions, which is something you yourself need to do.

They do try to lean on, buy out, intimidate or subvert independent government agencies though. He had that right.

They do try to lean on, buy out, intimidate or subvert independent government agencies though. He had that right.

For sure buying people is wrong. Contending that Thailand under the 2007 military written and imposed constitution has independent agencies, courts, bureaucracy is fantasy.

Most thai people are sick of these post 2006 coup installed puppet judges with their judicial coups.

Glad PTP got the balls to do this. And its absolutely the right thing to do. These old yellow judges are not serving the people or thailand, or the law for that matter. they server elite interests.

• Like 1

Most thai people are sick of these post 2006 coup installed puppet judges with their judicial coups.

Glad PTP got the balls to do this. And its absolutely the right thing to do. These old yellow judges are not serving the people or thailand, or the law for that matter. they server elite interests.

Most people? Where do get this fallacy of "most people" from? Is that "most people" in Chaing Mai. Ubon Thani? Maybe Mukdahan?

Do you know of these judges by name and their backgrounds? Do you know when they were appointed and who appointed them?

Not serving Thailand? They are serving a constitution that the majority voted for. Of course this is a majority the PTP won't accept because it does not suit their agenda.

This is your belief talking again isn't it? I could rebut that with my belief and say;

Most thai people are sick of the post 2006 corrupt PTP thaksin installed puppet MP's with their corrupt schemes.

Glad the courts have got the balls through the bombing of court houses and the intimidation to not back down. And its absolutely the right thing to do. These judges are not serving the criminals or the corrupt. They server the innocent majority of peaceful loving Thai's.

Without facts my statement is as plausible as yours is.

Time to accept the will of the majority. Even if you don't like it accept it.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Way to go to get the "Courts" on your side. Impeach them for doing their jobs. Classic.

Please read the complaint. The court gave direction on the proposed amendments saying that an article by article approach was acceptable.

The government followed that directive. Then the same judges who gave the directive, contradicted their decision by accepting a complaint that says the article by article approach was wrong. Was the guidance and direction wrong? If so, a serious error was made. Or, did the judges intentionally set the government up for a legal challenge by giving erroneous instructions?

The Senate has the power to review the events and to decide if the "judges" acted inappropriately.

GK what is it with you that you cannot understand how the law works. That the court "accepted for consideration" is exactly that. They cannot refuse to accept the application just because of their original verdict. If that was the case nobody could challenge the original decision of any court. Ridiculous! You may have noticed, if you've been awake, that it happens in many other countries too.

• Like 2

What is it with you that you cannot understand how the law works and criticise anything and everything that doesn't fit in with your jaundiced views? Most Thai people, so you are a one man market research business as well? That the court "accepted for consideration" is exactly that. They cannot refuse to accept the application just because of their original verdict. If that was the case nobody could challenge the original decision of any court. Ridiculous! You may have noticed, if you've been awake, that it happens in many other countries too, including yours.

• Like 1

Most people? Where do get this fallacy of "most people" from? Is that "most people" in Chaing Mai. Ubon Thani? Maybe Mukdahan?

Do you know of these judges by name and their backgrounds? Do you know when they were appointed and who appointed them?

Not serving Thailand? They are serving a constitution that the majority voted for. Of course this is a majority the PTP won't accept because it does not suit their agenda.

This is your belief talking again isn't it? I could rebut that with my belief and say;

Most thai people are sick of the post 2006 corrupt PTP thaksin installed puppet MP's with their corrupt schemes.

Glad the courts have got the balls through the bombing of court houses and the intimidation to not back down. And its absolutely the right thing to do. These judges are not serving the criminals or the corrupt. They server the innocent majority of peaceful loving Thai's.

Your "will of the majority" is blue smoke and mirrors.

Oh that's right, you have the figures and you've presented them, many times. I cite the old adage that figures don't lie but liars know how to figure. You need to examine who provides your figures because your numbers got seriously jiggled, cooked, skewed.

Fact is the 2007 coup written and military commanded constitution was imposed on the country and remains unpopular, not accepted throughout the land. Thais were ordered to vote for it in a referendum in which it was illegal to campaign for a 'no' vote or to vote 'no'. Still, the militarist constitution got a significant 'no' vote. The military brass realize now that inflicting the summary document on the population was a gross error, a self-defeating own goal.

Oh that's right, you have the figures and you've presented them, many times. I cite the old adage that figures don't lie but liars know how to figure. You need to examine who provides your figures because your numbers got seriously jiggled, cooked, skewed.

Fact is the 2007 coup written and military commanded constitution was imposed on the country and remains unpopular, not accepted throughout the land. Thais were ordered to vote for it in a referendum in which it was illegal to campaign for a 'no' vote or to vote 'no'. Still, the militarist constitution got a significant 'no' vote. The military brass realize now that inflicting the summary document on the population was a gross error, a self-defeating own goal.

I rest my case.

Are you sure you were not a broken washing machine in a past life? You seem to be stuck on the "Spin Cycle"

Fact is that 60% voted for it. Fact is that 95% of the northerner didn't vote for it. So because the minority in the north did not vote for it it is not accepted as a majority vote.

As stated when the majority does not suit the PTP agenda it is not accepted.

When they lose an election it will not be accepted. They will fight, intimidate and destroy anyone to get what they think "their minority in the north" want.

I understand it is hard to comprehend, but your accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive that is unelectable cannot continue to rule Thailand beside the fact it is undemocratic.

It has been shown through facts, that the majority don't want it. Dictators that try to push through an amnesty bill that goes against the majority don't bode well with that majority.

Edited by djjamie

I rest my case.

Are you sure you were not a broken washing machine in a past life? You seem to be stuck on the "Spin Cycle"

Fact is that 60% voted for it. Fact is that 95% of the northerner didn't vote for it. So because the minority in the north did not vote for it it is not accepted as a majority vote.

When they lose an election it will not be accepted. They will fight, intimidate and destroy anyone to get what they think "their minority in the north" want.

I understand it is hard to comprehend, but your accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive that is unelectable cannot continue to rule Thailand beside the fact it is undemocratic.

It has been shown through facts, that the majority don't want it. Dictators that try to push through an amnesty bill that goes against the majority don't bode well with that majority.

Are you talking to me? laugh.png

I rest my case.

I take that as an admittance that I am right.

Thanks.

I rest my case.

Thanks.

You are wrong but that's not news. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

You're welcome clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifcheesy.gif

I don't have any accused terrorist, accused mass murderer, convicted criminal fugitive that is unelectable or who cannot continue to rule Thailand, or who is undemocratic, among my friends, colleagues, associates, nor do I support any such person. You presume a lot and erroneously, same as the cooked and skewed data you have and like so much to throw around.

Edited by Publicus

I rest my case.

Thanks.

You are wrong but that's not news. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

You're welcome clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gifcheesy.gif

So you can't really argue what I said then?

Your peers are watching…Come on…You got to say something...

You don't know when to move on or why.

Someone else today at another thread called you a pest but I would say a hanger-on.

When the opposition starts to demonize me I feel my job is done..

Thanks.

Calling you a pest or a hanger on is hardly a demonization.

If you've followed my posts you'd know it if I'd ever set out to hammer you.

Well, little sister has initiated what she hopes will be a military reshuffle. I predicted an attempted judicial reshuffle was the logical next step. And now surprise, surprise! Here it is. Hey TS, you're becoming VERY predictable. 'Need to watch that...

Well, little sister has initiated what she hopes will be a military reshuffle. I predicted an attempted judicial reshuffle was the logical next step. And now surprise, surprise! Here it is. Hey TS, you're becoming VERY predictable. 'Need to watch that...

I saw in the local rag this morning that YL and her convict brother are attempting to sign up 100,000 "Volunteer democracy Guards" <deleted> is that?! My guess is that it is nothing more that Red shirts that will be given a shirt with lots of official looking patches on it plus some kind of Badge to flash. Possibly a whistle and a night stick, will go well with their uniform.

I saw in the local rag this morning that YL and her convict brother are attempting to sign up 100,000 "Volunteer democracy Guards" <deleted> is that?! My guess is that it is nothing more that Red shirts that will be given a shirt with lots of official looking patches on it plus some kind of Badge to flash. Possibly a whistle and a night stick, will go well with their uniform.

Maybe she's having visions of a new Thai "Republican Guard". Blood oaths to Pheu Thai and the shins to follow...

Way to go to get the "Courts" on your side. Impeach them for doing their jobs. Classic.

Please read the complaint. The court gave direction on the proposed amendments saying that an article by article approach was acceptable.

The government followed that directive. Then the same judges who gave the directive, contradicted their decision by accepting a complaint that says the article by article approach was wrong. Was the guidance and direction wrong? If so, a serious error was made. Or, did the judges intentionally set the government up for a legal challenge by giving erroneous instructions?

The Senate has the power to review the events and to decide if the "judges" acted inappropriately.

Exactly. What's the point if they are going to reinterpret their interpretations?

Exactly. What's the point if they are going to reinterpret their interpretations?

Here's a radical idea ... how about some major reforms prior to new elections to remove any grey areas or areas open to interpretation from the "laws" AND the "constitution" ...

I'd also suggest banning ALL current political party's and politicians for life and starting with a clean slate.

All of these changes could be implemented with full public involvement and agreement using online polling to see what people agree or don't agree with to ensure full transparency and to get a true majority view.

• Like 1

um. ....Wrong,PT dont like courts when it jumps on PT,s "total control" view. it's "we are the government we do what we want" ." The sheep of Isaan have given us the right".

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app