Manhunt for Swedish fake Rolex Watch seller in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Swedish guy would have allowed his Passport to be copied if the Rolex deal was not genuine,it would be interesting to know his whereabouts? and if he did a runner or is he still in Thailand.

If it was his passport that he allowed to be copied i would say that

the watch was genuine, or he is a stupid swede.

If however it is someone elses passport then one would rightly assume that the watch was a copy.

Anywhere there are tourists there are mountains of fake products yet the police turn a blind eye but as the victim is a thai national all hell breaks loose Only a brainless twit would allow his passport details to be taken if he knew what he was selling was a fake, it is high time the police stopped fake products being sold but there again how many pics do you see of plain clothes police officer wearing Boss or Lacoste tops and on 300 baht a day salary they have to be fake !!!!!!

Only a brainless twit would allow his passport details to be take

Unless it's not his passport, I didn't catch it - where does it say the watch is a fake - how did they determine that?? or maybe, just maybe - the 'victem' switched the real watch with a real fake, and sold the genuine watch?? facepalm.gif

Just on a lighter note, a friend of mine bought 2 Rolex watches in Bangkok near Soi Cowboy about 10 yrs ago for Bt 1000 each, should have been the first clue.w00t.gifHe was told not to wear it in the shower, should have been the second cluesad.png and the third clue would have been when the winder fell off the second watch when he tried to wind it up.cheesy.gif

We took a chance and took both watches back to the street vendor and he just laughed. He told me he warned him of all the above.

He gave him another fake Rolex to replace the water ridden one and tightened up the winder on the second. Charge Bt200. He said see you tomorrow.

He still has the watches and they do work, so all in all not a bad deal and funny at the same time.clap2.gif

The thai must then be an idiot. That he believes that one can purchase a genuine Rolex watch 110000 baht.

A genuine Rolex watch in Denmark can easily be sold for more than 1 million Danish kroner.

More than 5 million baht. And it's not just because it's Denmark, but a genuine rolex watch has roughly the same price worldwide.

110000 baht so you know that it is fake watchwai2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifbah.gif

If you look on ebay you'll find used Submariner starts in the price range around of 3-4k USD, something like 20000 Kroner.

It is very likely that the watch sold by the Swede was an extreme good fake!

There are fakes available for 10.000 Baht and more, these copies are so good even a watchmaker or staff in a pawn shop has to open the watch to check it. Weight, feel and look is identical to the real thing, with box and since color lasers are so cheap, even with an invoice and matching serial number.

The price of 110000 THB for a mint steal submariner was very good but not insanely cheap for a "emergency sale".

A light case of greed eats brains. If you want to buy a used Rolex, take it to a watchmaker and pay after the inspection.

If the buyer said, lets meet in Central Beach 5th floor for the payment, the seller never showed up...

I have a real Breitling i inherited from my dad and its a nice watch but people in general seem to be more impressed with my Invicta watches that are much cheaper. and i actually like them better than the Breitling.