'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane with 239 people on board

webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now saying on one of the airline forums that a stolen Austrian passport was also on the flight. Looking ominous.

Yes, I have just seen that, too. I read it it on pprune.org and visited the Austrian newspaper APA which published the news. I can help with translation if anyone needs, otherwise use Google Translate.

The story gets more complex by the hour. Now there is evidence that there were 2 PAX travelling with fake passports on this flight. Who knows there might be more emerging.

All this points to a midair explosion happening at FL350 with no possibility to send a Mayday. It wouldn't surprise me at all now.

Now saying on one of the airline forums that a stolen Austrian passport was also on the flight. Looking ominous.

Indeed:

According to Austrian Foreign Ministry the Austrian on the manifest is well and in Austria. His passport had been reported stolen 2 years ago in Thailand. This has been reported by APA news agency in Austria.

http://www.apa.at/News/6217359958/bo...rschollen.html

If my German isn't too rustry, an Austrian whose passport was stolen 2 years ago, again in Thailand, was on the MH370 passenger manifest.
Austrian authorities confirm the man is alive and well at home.

Edit: Oops. don't know what happened to the font or how to recover it.

Edited by Bpuumike

Strange that both passports were stolen in Thailand. I had mine stolen here a few years ago, got stopped on the new passport going into the UK, turned out the stolen passport was being used by drug smugglers. I was shocked that a cancelled passport could so easily be used.

It looks ominous to me too, but let's not forget that Air France Flight 447 went down in the Atlantic in 2009, and it's believed that ice in the pitot tubes fooled the autopilot and the real pilots who erred and entered a high altitude stall from which they never recovered.

I think it took 2 years to find that plane and retrieve the black boxes. Link

Rapid decompression would have been picked up by MAS. What is the deal with Luigi Maraldi? On manifest, but he was not on plane. His passport stolen in August. Is this more Internet lore from nutbags that make the Internet their home or is this real. This event reeks of foul play.

Rapid decompression would have been picked up by MAS. What is the deal with Luigi Maraldi? On manifest, but he was not on plane. His passport stolen in August. Is this more Internet lore from nutbags that make the Internet their home or is this real. This event reeks of foul play.

This is real. Just google Luigi Maraldi MH370 and you will see it confirmed. But that's not the only disturbing thing: Austrian Christian Kozel was also not on the flight. His passport was stolen 2 years ago. Where do you think? Also in Thailand.

Just saw this. take for what its worth. Something very, very strange happened to bust this think up in such small pieces. Even a plane hit by middle would have some visible chunks or debris field.

---------------

Reports from a Chinese news website that US military at Utapao in Thailand picked up an emergency message from MH370 mentioning a disintegration of the fuselage. I would be very surprised if only a US military camp in Thailand was able to receive that message???

Search called off for missing Boeing 777 as it is emerges that two people on board were using STOLEN PASSPORTS

- Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12.21am
- Vietnamese Navy detected emergency signal 153 miles out to sea
- Flight MH370 declared missing nearly 90 minutes after it was due to land
- Malaysian Transport Minister said 'no crash site has been found'
- 227 passengers and 12 crew were from 14 different countries including Malaysia, China, U.S., France, Canada, and Australia
- Three Americans, including a baby, feared dead
- Two passengers believed to have been travelling on a stolen passports
- Aviation expert Chris Yates said the aircraft will not have been carrying enough fuel to still be flying and 'will have crashed'
- He said the investigation will look at two areas, the maintenance of the aircraft and possible terrorism
- Vietnamese air force spot two oil slicks suspected to be from the wreckage

An air search for the Malaysian Airlines plane that vanished off the coast of Vietnam has been called off until daylight as it emerged two passengers were travelling using stolen passports.

Two oil slicks were spotted by the Vietnamese air force earlier today, as the major search and rescue operation was launched when Flight MH307 disappeared shortly after losing contact with air traffic controllers.

The Boeing 777, with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board, took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12.21am (4.21pm GMT) bound for Beijing, where it was expected to land at 6.30am (10.30pm GMT). Among them were three Americans, including a baby.

But after reaching 35,000ft and 120 nautical miles off the coast of the Malaysian town of Kota Bharu the plane vanished, prompting fears the aircraft 'could have crashed'.

As Malaysian Airlines released a full list of the passengers on board - including five children aged two to four years old - it emerged two passengers were travelling on stolen passports.

Foreign ministry officials in Rome and Vienna have confirmed that names of two nationals listed on the manifest of the missing Malaysian airlines flight match passports reported stolen in Thailand.

Italy's Foreign Ministry said that an Italian man whose name was listed as being aboard is traveling in Thailand and was not aboard the plane.

A foreign ministry functionary, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed Italian reports that Luigi Maraldi had reported his passport stolen last August.

Italian news agency ANSA says Maraldi called home after hearing reports that an Italian with his name was aboard the plane.

Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss confirmed that a name listed on the manifest matches an Austrian passport reported stolen two years ago in Thailand. Weiss would not confirm the identity.

As the air search is abandoned over night aviation expert Chris Yates said the plane would not be carrying enough fuel to still be in the air and would 'definitely have crashed'.

He told Sky News: 'Frankly the plane would not have been carrying enough fuel to stay aloft much longer than an hour after it was due to arrive in Beijing.

'We simply don't know the circumstances behind what caused that crash at the moment.

'There will be two areas for the investigation: the maintenance of the aircraft and also possible terrorism.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576087/Malaysia-Airlines-says-plane-missing.html

Mayday call is a very low priority item for the crew in an emergency. It will be made at an appropriate time and if situation permits.

If the plane is going down it will be made.

On the basis that the two stolen passports belonged to an Italian and an Austrian we can deduce that the current holders were of Western appearance.

No we can't at all! The original holders could be ANY ethnicity. Also, passport pictures can be changed.

No we can't at all! The original holders could be ANY ethnicity. Also, passport pictures can be changed.

Let's see how far a male European named Luigi gets with a south east Asian appearance and in possession of an Italian passport.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Let's see how far a male European named Luigi gets with a south east Asian appearance and in possession of an Italian passport.

Who said anything about Asian appearance?

Could be ANY ethnicity.

If the picture matches the face and the passport is valid, do you really think the Malaysian airport people care what Luigi looks like?

Jingthing, on 08 Mar 2014 - 22:25, said:Jingthing, on 08 Mar 2014 - 22:25, said:
wooloomooloo, on 08 Mar 2014 - 21:53, said:wooloomooloo, on 08 Mar 2014 - 21:53, said:
Jingthing, on 08 Mar 2014 - 21:23, said:Jingthing, on 08 Mar 2014 - 21:23, said:

Could be ANY ethnicity.

If the picture matches the face and the passport is valid, do you really think the Malaysian airport people care what Luigi looks like?

How many ethnic appearances are there?

Until the intelligence services discount the two illegal boarders then the fact remains that two men of western appearance are suspects in the downing of the aircraft.

Edited by wooloomooloo

On the basis that the two stolen passports belonged to an Italian and an Austrian we can deduce that the current holders were of Western appearance.

Why do you at that? There are lots of those "new" Italian and Austrian citizens of a Middle Eastern appearance.

pictures in modern passports can only be changed in Hollywood movies.

• Like 1

I hope there were surveillance cameras at boarding so that the two can be ID'd by eliminating the legit people.

Let's not forget that the search and rescue isn't looking for an airplane. They are looking for perhaps debris and maybe an oil slick.

When Pan Am flight 103 went down over Scotland, it scattered wreckage over 845 square miles from 30,000 feet. Link

• Like 1

Could be ANY ethnicity.

Plus passport control is very lax in KUL when it comes to Muslimas. They let any old person in full Muslim garb, including full burkas, pass through passport control unmolested. They don't bother to check so don't really know who's behind that curtain!

• Like 2

OMGImInPattaya, on 08 Mar 2014 - 22:46, said:
wooloomooloo, on 08 Mar 2014 - 21:13, said:

Why do you at that? There are lots of those "new" Italian and Austrian citizens of a Middle Eastern appearance.

Ok, you win. "New" Italian and Austrian citizens of Middle Eastern appearance named Luigi. Are you serious?

Let's see what information materialises in the coming days. I'm certain it won't be Arabs called Luigi and Karl travelling on Italian and Austrian passports.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Maybe I shouldn't say this because it isn't even speculation much less based on evidence.

But being from the US and having planes go down in ways such as Lockerbie Scotland and 9/11, I start asking myself why the pilot didn't appear to have time or be able to call out a mayday, or report a problem at all, even in a descent from 35,000 feet...

Then again I suppose it could have been a total electrical failure although those systems are redundant.

Please forgive my musing...

Lightning strike knocked out the electronics?

OMGImInPattaya, on 08 Mar 2014 - 22:51, said:

Plus passport control is very lax in KUL when it comes to Muslimas. They let any old person in full Muslim garb, including full burkas, pass through passport control unmolested. They don't bother to check so don't really know who's behind that curtain!

Get a grip.

"Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss confirmed that a name listed on the manifest matches an Austrian passport reported stolen two years ago in Thailand. Weiss would not confirm the identity." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/08/malaysia-flight-passports_n_4925774.html

Both passports were stolen in Thailand.

An Austrian, named in reports as Christian Kozel, had his passport stolen in Thailand in 2012, while Italian Luigi Maraldi, 37, had his stolen last year, also in Thailand, officials and sources said.

Despite their names being on the passenger manifest, neither man was on the flight to Beijing.

• Like 1

OMGImInPattaya, on 08 Mar 2014 - 22:51, said:

Get a grip.

Do you disagree with my description of passport controls at KUL...have you ever departed from KUL? I have a grip...do you?

• Like 1

I was at KL airport a few months ago and I thought the passport control was quite strict.. The guy at passport control checked my photo quite a few times whilst asking me some random questions about the passport itself and my travel itinerary!

Probably a long way. My daughter has never been challenged as an Australian with an Australian passport and she looks a lot more like her mother did than me.

I was at KL airport a few months ago and I thought the passport control was quite strict.. The guy at passport control checked my photo quite a few times whilst asking me some random questions about the passport itself and my travel itinerary!

Very good...were you also in a full face covering chador or burka and did they ask you to remove it to verify that you were the person in the passport's photo? Or maybe I'm mistaken and in Muslim countries, women take their passport photos with their faces fully covered so that their fully burka covered faces match the photos in their passports.

In Melbourne they have their own private secluded screening area and are processed by muslims only.

If the plane is going down it will be made.

Situational. Numerous possibilities / Events / failures / Human Factors could prohibit the mayday call being transmitted. Don't watch to many movies to get your aviation expertise....

Edited by negreanu