'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane with 239 people on board

webfact

Link to what appears to be a photo shopped fake website, and comments, removed.

In the event the link proves to be genuine, it can be reinstated.

This is a various serious thread with a possibility of multiple losses of innocent lives, please show some respect.

its an exercitation frm macau

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to this article in the China Times this news was released by a U.S. embassy. Couldn't be any more official. The original article is in Chinese, I quote the passage about the message in English (Google translation):

"In addition, the U.S. Embassy said the 2:43 U.S. military bases stationed in Thailand U-Tapao SOS signal was listening to some of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 emergency call, said the aircraft cabin facing disintegration driver call, they want a forced landing . U.S. troops are currently stationed in Thailand, Malaysia has been providing this signal."

Hope this helps.

Wow, there must have been quite a atmospheric lift on for U-Tapio to hear a Mayday call from over 500Km on VHF.

Stolen passports could be used to get through countries with lax controls and/or little access to international databases. They get sprung in developed western countries and those that keep close tabs on terrorists (and a few other crimes).

I don't know what the chances are of being on a flight with passengers with stolen passports, but I would guess that given SE Asia is a hub of people smuggling, it would be higher than most people might think.

A "favoured" tactic of people trying to get into Canada apparently is to use the necessary documents (real or faked) to get onto the plane. Once in flight they tear up/flush their paperwork and when they arrive at Immigration, claim refugee status.

I could never figure out why those people weren't simply detained while the passenger manifests and Immigration at the point of departure were checked to determine the person's identity. If they boarded using a fake/stolen passport, arrest them and send them back. If they arrived under false pretenses (i.e. claiming to be refugees from one country but are actually from somewhere else) detain and deport them.

A lot of so called refugees are simply people who wouldn't normally qualify for a visa. No marketable skills, no income, no means of support, no family or sponsors. Too many believe that the minute they step foot into Canada (or the US, UK, etc), they will instantly be living the lifestyle of the rich, western foreigner.

A lot of them will try to get into Canada because the word spreads quickly about how nice and lenient Canada is, how easy it is to gain entry, the free housing and welfare and government funded lawyers (while waiting months for your refugee status to be determined, during which time you are pretty much free to go anywhere and do anything). So many of those "refugees" end up crossing the border into the US (which was their final destination to begin with) and then disappear.

Last time I heard an estimate (probably 11-12 years ago), Canada estimated that there were over 50,000 "refugees" that they couldn't account for. These are people that never showed up for their status hearing (again, which may have been scheduled many months after their arrival).

The RCMP noted that they don't actually look for those people, but there are deportation orders issued so that if they should happen to be picked up some time in the future they theoretically could be detained and processed for deportation. Chances of them getting caught is next-to-none. Chances of anyone caught actually being deported is even less.

Back in 2005 a certain Indian national raised a stink because he was being deported (for the 3rd time I think it was). IIRC the first 2 times was for being in Canada illegally and getting caught doing criminal things. He supposedly had been supplying the (Liberal) Immigration Minister's election HQ with free pizzas in exchange for her granting him asylum. When word got out about the (alleged) arrangement, she reneged on the deal. He tried to sue her, she had to resign. It also came to light that she'd helped get a visa and extend the work permit of a Romanian stripper that had "helped" out her campaign. Also, the Indian guy had a deportation order against him for over 10 years that the Minister and her staff apparently knew about, but none of them reported him ! (Must have been good pizza.)

Oh yeah, one of the reasons he was being deported was because he'd entered the country using "someone else's" passport.

I would not surprise me at all to learn that the people on board that flight with the stolen passports were also trying to "immigrate" illegally to somewhere else. Human trafficking and smuggling are rampant and the people behind it are not (all) morons. They probably know the routes/countries/methods better than anyone.

Yes, Kerryd, the use of stolen passports is common in people smuggling. Because a lot of countries do not check and really don't care, since the people with the stolen passports are only passing through, it's not too difficult. As we've seen in this thread, they didn't have significant problems using them.

I am interested to know how the pictures matched, however. Putting a new photo in a passport is very tricky and most immigration officers should catch. Unless, of course, by match, they meant both had two eyes, one nose, two ears and a mouth.

Whether people are refugees or not is a whole different topic.

But let's not digress too much on this thread.

Was it mentioned yet that the stolen passport passengers bought their tickets TOGETHER? Hmmm.

Yes they were bought on line E-Tickets and they were purchased in Pattaya.

5 other persons checked in at the airport as well, but they did not get on the plane, their luggage was unloaded before the flight.

According to the Malaysian Police, the airport cameras (CCT) show both persons are of Asian descent and they have identified one of them, no further info.

Was it mentioned yet that the stolen passport passengers bought their tickets TOGETHER? Hmmm.

5 other persons checked in at the airport as well, but they did not get on the plane, their luggage was unloaded before the flight.

According to the Malaysian Police, the airport cameras (CCT) show both persons are of Asian descent and they have identified one of them, no further info.

Latest media briefing in KL by Malaysian authorities now claim at least one of the stolen passport users did not have Asian facial features, but has been identified, refused to provide more detail.

Latest media briefing in KL by Malaysian authorities now claim at least one of the stolen passport users did not have Asian facial features, but has been identified, refused to provide more detail.

Boy these media reports are crap. Now they say neither are of Asian appearance and one may be Black.

They are questioning the agency in Pattaya that sold the tickets, gives you some insight into the way your tickets are purchased via these agencies.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/21912992/search-targets-iranian-man-mr-ali/

Let's stop obsessing about a couple of stolen passports and find the wreckage first. I came here for updates on that.... no confirmation on the oil slick found by the Vietnamese?

No one is obsessing tropo. Had you have read the link above it explains both of your concerns and more.

The Vietnamese plane that spotted something in the ocean, thought to be a planes door could not be found and some other debree floating in the ocean was found to be trash.

The oil slick was tested and was not from the plane.

Click on the link above and read it all is confirmed at the last couple of paragraphs.

Edited by OZEMADE

Let's stop obsessing about a couple of stolen passports and find the wreckage first. I came here for updates on that.... no confirmation on the oil slick found by the Vietnamese?

No one is obsessing tropo. Had you have read the link above it explains both of your concerns and more.

The Vietnamese plane that spotted something in the ocean, thought to be a planes door could not be found and some other debree floating in the ocean was found to be trash.

The oil slick was tested and was not from the plane.

Click on the link above and read it all is confirmed at the last couple of paragraphs.

Perhaps you weren't but quite a few people were. No I didn't read any posts about the latest search updates because I didn't want to sift through pages of debate over stolen passports. I'm pretty lazy that way - I just like to get to the point. I can find the info easier elsewhere.

Anyway, thanks for your update.

Cheers

Who believes in this BS mystery ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710348-missing-mas-flight-foreign-media-anchor-on-aviation-chiefs-unprecedented-mystery

Of course they exactly know what happened and just need more time to hide important evidences...

If I had to choose between your assumption or unprecedented mystery, I'd choose the latter.

If a plane breaks up, for example at 35,000 feet, it's not going to be easy to find pieces over ocean or jungle... especially if you don't know where to look.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710348-missing-mas-flight-foreign-media-anchor-on-aviation-chiefs-unprecedented-mystery

Of course they exactly know what happened and just need more time to hide important evidences...

If I had to choose between your assumption or unprecedented mystery, I'd choose the latter.

If a plane breaks up, for example at 35,000 feet, it's not going to be easy to find pieces over ocean or jungle... especially if you don't know where to look.

Yes, I know, but I also know that people are good to listen and believe the BS from governments...

Yes, I know, but I also know that people are good to listen and believe the BS from governments...

Yeah, but conspiracy theories get a bit tiring too. These days everyone is trying to turn everything into a conspiracy.

I don't see this one being complicated. The plane has been swallowed up by the immense jungles or oceans.

We should not forget that the loved ones of 239 missing people are badly suffering for the loss.

I have noticed, pls correct me if i'm wrong, that ' experts ' tend not to express strong opinions on this mystery.

Still, we don't have a clue of what happened.

We should not forget that the loved ones of 239 missing people are badly suffering for the loss.

I have noticed, pls correct me if i'm wrong, that ' experts ' tend not to express strong opinions on this mystery.

Still, we don't have a clue of what happened.

I never forget that. I just put myself in the same predicament and wonder how I'd cope. I think about this nearly every time I board a flight - that my time could be up.