Romantic place to visit for short break in August

stament

Initially I was thinking of going to a beach and the options in 1st week of August seem limited to Koh Samui due to the weather. Trang, Krabi, Phuket & Koh Chang seem out.

Then I wondered perhaps Chiang Rai or Mae Hon Song. Does anyone have any experience of these places or perhaps somewhere else? Any suggestions most welcome.

Thanks

Where will you be traveling from? Lots of interesting places around the Kingdom. As you know, August is the rainy season. But normally they are quick downpours, then stop...followed by an hour or so of flooded streets! 5555

The MHS loop is fantastic. But dangerous if the roads are wet. It's a winding road in many parts. Up near CR are places like Pai (easy to avoid the hippies) and Tha Ton, etc. And of course there's lots of interesting places from Chiang Mai down towards Sukhothai.

Sichon, a fishing port, some 60km north of Nakon Sri Thamarat, on the way to Surit Thani, is an ideal place for a quiet romantic holiday. It's secluded and almost free of foreigners, with a lovely beach resort (two in fact), excellent seafood restaurants and safe water for swimming, especially in August. Bus services are frequent between NST and Sichon and inexpensive.

I've been in Thailand for a long time now, and I've been all over the Country. I've been to most of the islands the Country has to offer and the most romantic place I have ever been in Thailand is Koh Phayam. Its a small unspoiled island just off the west coast in between Thailand and Myanmar.

We stayed here and when the tide comes in the sea goes under and around your room and its all surrounded by mangrove. There's nothing to do apart from a walk, a massage and some kayaking. We just sat on the loveseat allday and allnight drinking cocktails. It was brilliant and will definitely go again.

The food there is also very cheap but outstanding quality.

Its called the Maldives of Thailand.

http://theblueskyresort.com/koh_payam/

Edited by misterphil