Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

It's common for people to check in, not board, and then always luggage is removed. That isn't an issue here.

Next ...

Correct. There's laws that relate to this. Normally when it happens the plane is late for departure as they retrieve the luggage, but I think this plane almost left as scheduled.

So you don't think they are just saying the luggage was retrieved to save their <deleted>

At this stage of the game, virtually anything is possible.

Of course if the luggage was retrieved, where is it?

A wise investigators mind would be open to all the possibilities at this stage.

Anyway, enough. Speculation takes this nowhere.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ruh Roh the tin foil hat brigade have arrived.

rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20>

Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and capacities of the human misunderstanding. Insolence is not logic; epithets are the arguments of malice. Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Human beings lose their logic in their vindictiveness. Say what you will, an enlightened person considers all possibilities without allowing bias to guide them. As soon a someone dismisses a logical perspective, all is lost for the sake of one individuals ego being preserved.

It's common for people to check in, not board, and then always luggage is removed. That isn't an issue here.

Next ...

Correct. There's laws that relate to this. Normally when it happens the plane is late for departure as they retrieve the luggage, but I think this plane almost left as scheduled.

So you don't think they are just saying the luggage was retrieved to save their &lt;deleted&gt;

Given the bizarre nature of all this it might well be an issue. If people did not board it would surely have

delayed the plane. So they presumably checked in and changed their minds well before departure? Who were they and why

did they do it?

Be good to know

Second cell /back up cell not required.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Next ...

So you don't think they are just saying the luggage was retrieved to save their &lt;deleted&gt;
Given the bizarre nature of all this it might well be an issue. If people did not board it would surely have
delayed the plane. So they presumably checked in and changed their minds well before departure? Who were they and why
did they do it?
Be good to know

This should be the question that everyone is looking into. Where are they? Who were they? Why are authorities not banging down their doors right now? They booked the tickets so there has to be a record of who they are.

In all seriousness, could the reason for the disappearance be a cloaked alien ship? And the reason the plane was seen making a U turn was the alien ship's tractor beam exerting its pull? I'm running out of ideas but i wonder if this is being considered by governments?

I was flying to Thailand from Aberdeen on Hogmanay a few years ago. My connection was in Amsterdam then to BKK with China Airlines. My flight was cancelled due to technical problems. The technical problem I saw was the aircraft wasnt there. The usual scramble to put us on other flights. Being out of luck I did not get a flight that day. Unfortunately it also wasnt Amsterdam for the bells it was an industrial estate close to The Hague with 200 p-ssed off passengers. I decided to make the most of it and got a 40 Euro taxi into town.

The next day it was Malaysian Airways to KL then to BKK. Malaysia Airlines were very good until I arrived in BKK. No bags. Your bags are currently in Helsinki I was told. They arrived 8 days later.

The bag was unacompanied on from AMS and arrived still with the padlock on in Samui.

Bags were probably scanned many times but I've seen the X ray teams at work. Talking and having one eye on the screen. If you wanted to get something on a plane you probably could.

I dont at the moment have any conspiracy theory. Using logic I would say a catastrophic failure in the aircraft. Thats the norm.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In all seriousness, could the reason for the disappearance be a cloaked alien ship? And the reason the plane was seen making a U turn was the alien ship's tractor beam exerting its pull? I'm running out of ideas but i wonder if this is being considered by governments?

Vaild. Still... cheesy.gif !

Ouch!

It is very difficult to keep a balance of great sorrow for the missing and their relatives, whatever has happened,

and what I think is everyone's genuine interest to try and understand the myriad possibilities of what has happened.

I am puzzled by why a company the size of Freescale Semiconductor would put 20 of its employees on the same plane

Yes, and this is the team considering it.

303180-good_tin_foil_hat.jpg

Seriously people, can we stop with the remarkably OTT speculations?

A question in the back of my mind is if there was anybody else of importance travelling on this flight?

Yes, 239 souls...

Everybody is important to somebody.

yea you are correct, poor choice of words on my part.

what I was getting at was if there was some high value target (diplomat etc etc) on the flight as well....

No no no, it's obviosly a dimension rift or possibly a time rift. They were trying to avoid it by turning around, but to late

Ouch!

It is very difficult to keep a balance of great sorrow for the missing and their relatives, whatever has happened,

and what I think is everyone's genuine interest to try and understand the myriad possibilities of what has happened.

I am puzzled by why a company the size of Freescale Semiconductor would put 20 of its employees on the same plane

secretary who booked it would have had no idea the plane might vanish

you cant blame any company for sending its staff on a plane, theoritically

they had more chance to get killled on the way to the airport than on an actual flight

MISSING MAS

Search for missing Malaysian jet involves 8 countries

Kuala Lumpur - The search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which went missing on Saturday with 239 people on board, has brought together nearly 100 vessels and aircraft from eight countries in Asia and the Pacific.

The assistance poured in after Malaysia sought help in locating the Boeing 777-200 that disappeared on Saturday en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Kuala Lumpur has deployed 18 aircraft and 27 ships to lead the search and rescue mission in seas between Malaysia and Vietnam, where the jet last made contact.

The countries that are helping in the search are:

Vietnam - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Vietnam has dispatched two planes and seven ships to help with the search. The National Committee for Search and Rescue said another five planes and four ships are on standby for search activities.

China - China has deployed four search and rescue vessels and two warships to help in the mission. One of the warships, an amphibious landing vessel, has two helicopters on board, a 14-member medical team and a rescue team of 10 divers. More than 150 of the passengers on the missing plane were Chinese nationals.

Singapore - Singapore has sent two warships, a submarine support and rescue vessel, a Sikorsky naval helicopter and a C-130 aircraft tohelp in the search and rescue mission. The submarine has divers onboard that could help search for clues underwater, the Ministry of Defence said.

Thailand - The Thai Navy has dispatched a Super Lynx helicopter and a patrol ship to the Andaman Sea, west of Thailand, to help in thesearch. It has also put two other ships on standby in the Gulf of Thailand, awaiting a request for assistance from Malaysia.

Australia - Australia has dispatched two AP-3C Orion long-range aircraft to boost the search in the South China Sea. Six Australianswere among the missing planes passengers.

Philippines - The Philippines has dispatched a Fokker F-27 and an Islander plane and two patrol ships. It has also placed on alert a Hamilton-class cutter vessel and a C-130 plane to join in the mission if needed.

Indonesia - Indonesia dispatched a corvette, four rapid patrolvessels and a maritime surveillance plane to join the search for themissing jetliner after Malaysia requested assistance to scour the waters around Penang island in the Malacca Strait.

United States - The US Navy has dispatched two ships, the USS Pinckney and the USNS John Ericsson, and a P-3C Orion aircraft fromthe Kadena Air base in Okinawa, Japan. The USS Pinckney, an Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, carries two MH-60R helicopters which can be equipped for search and rescue missions.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-10

HTMS Pattani searching for missing Malaysian Airlines aircraft
By Digital Content

BANGKOK, March 10 - Thailand has sent an offshore patrol vessel, HTMS Pattani, to help in the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines passenger jet in the Andaman Coast.

Thai Navy commander Admiral Narong Pipatanasai said the HTMS Pattani was patrolling off the Phangnga coast and was instructed to head to Malacca Straits as requested by the Malaysian government to join search and rescue (SAR) operations for the Boeing 777 flight MH370 which went missing since Saturday early morning while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.

HTMS Pattani began its search mission this morning, with 111 personnel including the vessel's crew, divers, a medical team and patrol aircraft pilots.

He said the search will continue until there is an order to stop the operations.

Earlier, the Malaysian authorities believe that the MK370 flight might have crashed in lower Gulf of Thailand, in the Vietnam's sea territory, or in the Straits of Malacca, near the Andaman Sea.

The Singaporean and Vietnamese naval units are conducting search operations in the gulf, while Thailand was asked to help search for the ill-fated flight in the Andaman Sea. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-10

Next ...

Normally I would agree....If all else remains common/normal

But when the plane they decided to not board goes missing I would have to say

it may or may not be an issue but deserves further checking

All in all there does seem to be a lot of oddities with this flight.

Could be just because of the scrutinizing & for all we know every single flight has a handful of oddities

we never hear about.

Couple of things I wonder about,

Like others have said the lack of any SOS may indicate catastrophic failure.

But at the same time if an explosion it would create so much debris with plane parts,baggage etc

surely something would be seen floating in the area they seem to be focused.

The other thing I wonder is when leaving a country on a foreign passport don't they

always take your picture? Which would mean they also have photos of the two that used the stolen passports.

I can understand though how they may not be willing to release that info yet.

Depends on where you're travelling from. The US has no official passport check when leaving the country nor does Canada. Your passport is only checked by check-in staff and of course the authorities have access to the passenger lists and probably run them through some sort of check. But there is no physical immigration officer checking your documents when leaving.

In Europe its pretty much a joke. Most airlines that fly between 2 Schengen countries perform no document check at all nor is there any immigration check. Open borders agreement &lt;deleted&gt;. So a passenger can do online check-in or kiosk check-in, go through security (no document check here either) and board the aircraft without showing or even holding any documents. Even if you check bags there is often no ID check. Your bag is of course screened. So many european airlines have absolutely no idea who is flying on their aircraft.

Even on routes where you need to go through an immigration check fraud is rampant. Immigration and airline staff do stop lots of fraudsters (imposters and fraudulent documents), but mainy make it through.

MISSING MAS

Kuala Lumpur - The search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which went missing on Saturday with 239 people on board, has brought together nearly 100 vessels and aircraft from eight countries in Asia and the Pacific.

The assistance poured in after Malaysia sought help in locating the Boeing 777-200 that disappeared on Saturday en route from KualaLumpur to Beijing. Kuala Lumpur has deployed 18 aircraft and 27 ships to lead the searchand rescue mission in seas between Malaysia and Vietnam, where thejet last made contact.

Vietnam - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Vietnam has dispatchedtwo planes and seven ships to help with the search. The National Committee for Search and Rescue said another five planes and fourships are on standby for search activities.

China - China has deployed four search and rescue vessels and two warships to help in the mission. One of the warships, an amphibious landing vessel, has two helicopters on board, a 14-member medical team and a rescue team of 10 divers. More than 150 of the passengers on the missing plane were Chinese nationals.

Singapore - Singapore has sent two warships, a submarine support andrescue vessel, a Sikorsky naval helicopter and a C-130 aircraft tohelp in the search and rescue mission. The submarine has divers onboard that could help search for clues underwater, the Ministry ofDefence said.

Thailand - The Thai Navy has dispatched a Super Lynx helicopter and apatrol ship to the Andaman Sea, west of Thailand, to help in thesearch. It has also put two other ships on standby in the Gulf of Thailand, awaiting a request for assistance from Malaysia.

Australia - Australia has dispatched two AP-3C Orion long-rangeaircraft to boost the search in the South China Sea. Six Australianswere among the missing plane’s passengers.

Philippines - The Philippines has dispatched a Fokker F-27 and anIslander plane and two patrol ships. It has also placed on alert a Hamilton-class cutter vessel and a C-130 plane to join in the mission if needed.

Indonesia - Indonesia dispatched a corvette, four rapid patrolvessels and a maritime surveillance plane to join the search for themissing jetliner after Malaysia requested assistance to scour the waters around Penang island in the Malacca Strait.

United States - The US Navy has dispatched two ships, the USSPinckney and the USNS John Ericsson, and a P-3C Orion aircraft fromthe Kadena Air base in Okinawa, Japan. The USS Pinckney, an ArleighBurke-class guided-missile destroyer, carries two MH-60R helicopters which can be equipped for search and rescue missions.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-10

Its good to see that in times of trouble countries with big differences can work together.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

MISSING MAS

The assistance poured in after Malaysia sought help in locating the Boeing 777-200 that disappeared on Saturday en route from KualaLumpur to Beijing. Kuala Lumpur has deployed 18 aircraft and 27 ships to lead the searchand rescue mission in seas between Malaysia and Vietnam, where thejet last made contact.

Vietnam - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Vietnam has dispatchedtwo planes and seven ships to help with the search. The National Committee for Search and Rescue said another five planes and fourships are on standby for search activities.

Singapore - Singapore has sent two warships, a submarine support andrescue vessel, a Sikorsky naval helicopter and a C-130 aircraft tohelp in the search and rescue mission. The submarine has divers onboard that could help search for clues underwater, the Ministry ofDefence said.

Thailand - The Thai Navy has dispatched a Super Lynx helicopter and apatrol ship to the Andaman Sea, west of Thailand, to help in thesearch. It has also put two other ships on standby in the Gulf of Thailand, awaiting a request for assistance from Malaysia.

Australia - Australia has dispatched two AP-3C Orion long-rangeaircraft to boost the search in the South China Sea. Six Australianswere among the missing plane’s passengers.

Philippines - The Philippines has dispatched a Fokker F-27 and anIslander plane and two patrol ships. It has also placed on alert a Hamilton-class cutter vessel and a C-130 plane to join in the mission if needed.

United States - The US Navy has dispatched two ships, the USSPinckney and the USNS John Ericsson, and a P-3C Orion aircraft fromthe Kadena Air base in Okinawa, Japan. The USS Pinckney, an ArleighBurke-class guided-missile destroyer, carries two MH-60R helicopters which can be equipped for search and rescue missions.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-10

id be willin to bet at least one of the 6 governments involved knows exactly where that plane is now or what hapened to it

but cant or wont say for some reason.................yet

With so many items clutching at straw this might well be another one. Haven't had time to verify. It comes from pprune - http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-63.html

This is still Google translated so careful...

1400 local: Singapore's C130 is said to have sighted "a suspected lifeboat-like object" at N081605 E1025111, 140 km SW of Tho Chu island.

"Physical comfort is detected lifeboat gray striped red and blue (the color logo of Malaysia). "

[The report appears to suggest the object is emergency chute size. But I have never heard chutes are be painted in airline livery colors....]

Surface vessels on their way to investigate.

I'm going to see if I can verify. Anybody else want to help?

twitter has something too

Vietnamese news?

OK. This is "out there" and based of other hypothesis and some of my own thoughts over the past 48 hours.

1. Crashed. Still no evidence. Obviously this will take some time but if nothing comes up by the end of the week we can assume that they did not crash where they are searching or they simply did not crash. Why they crashed is not really of issue to my hypothesis.

2. Hijacking without purpose of crashing. I will explain, shortly, why we might not have heard. Plane disappears from normal plane tracking "radar" (I now know more about radar than I did before but not enough...it would seem). If this plane is still flying then we are talking about a hijacker turning off all signals (transponders and the like) and taking the plane down to a low altitude. Plenty of people have said that this would require amazing flying skills...plenty of people have those...including the 2 chaps already in the cockpit.

So, we have a plane flying low, in an unknown direction full of, mainly, people from China or Chinese ethnicity. Where can it go? I do not know about whether it can be detected but can hypothesise about whether anybody is TRYING to detect it. So what is within KL-Beijing + 2 hours (the fuel on board) distance? Xinjiang certainly is. With the MASSIVE terrorist attack in Kunming on March 1st there was no announcement to claim the attack. The claiming was done by the media and the government.

In this, incredibly unlikely, turn of events where is the use for the terrorists? VERY simple. We're all talking about this incredible mystery. We're all focussed on it. That is what terrorism (I am using a vastly over-used word there) is meant to do. It is not the process of killing that is the aim...it is the attention garnered.

Lets move forward a short while. Lets hypothesise that another plane goes missing in similar circumstances. Now where are the hearts and minds of the world's population? In the hands of the organising group. Where are they? Communicating with the right people...not us.

-------------------

Please understand that I feel we are dealing with wreckage here but every moment that passes makes me question that more and more. I'm sure we're all the same. Of course this plane has crashed (whether terrorist, mechanical or pilot error) but each moment that passes with an increasing amount of resources turning up nothing makes us ask questions.

What if this plane hasn't crashed?

Please can the experts step forward and put me back in my box. I know the I might be giving Clancy a run for his money here but we do tend to just "compartmentalise" a downed plane (nasty though it is). 239 people missing without a trace? That stuff sticks.

(I know I'm going to regret pressing post)

Totally valid perspectives.

if it didn't crash than it landed somewhere as it only had enough gas to get an hour or so beyond Bejing.

So , where is it??

no country would allow it to land without everyone finding out

OK. This is "out there" and based of other hypothesis and some of my own thoughts over the past 48 hours.

1. Crashed. Still no evidence. Obviously this will take some time but if nothing comes up by the end of the week we can assume that they did not crash where they are searching or they simply did not crash. Why they crashed is not really of issue to my hypothesis.

2. Hijacking without purpose of crashing. I will explain, shortly, why we might not have heard. Plane disappears from normal plane tracking "radar" (I now know more about radar than I did before but not enough...it would seem). If this plane is still flying then we are talking about a hijacker turning off all signals (transponders and the like) and taking the plane down to a low altitude. Plenty of people have said that this would require amazing flying skills...plenty of people have those...including the 2 chaps already in the cockpit.

So, we have a plane flying low, in an unknown direction full of, mainly, people from China or Chinese ethnicity. Where can it go? I do not know about whether it can be detected but can hypothesise about whether anybody is TRYING to detect it. So what is within KL-Beijing + 2 hours (the fuel on board) distance? Xinjiang certainly is. With the MASSIVE terrorist attack in Kunming on March 1st there was no announcement to claim the attack. The claiming was done by the media and the government.

In this, incredibly unlikely, turn of events where is the use for the terrorists? VERY simple. We're all talking about this incredible mystery. We're all focussed on it. That is what terrorism (I am using a vastly over-used word there) is meant to do. It is not the process of killing that is the aim...it is the attention garnered.

Lets move forward a short while. Lets hypothesise that another plane goes missing in similar circumstances. Now where are the hearts and minds of the world's population? In the hands of the organising group. Where are they? Communicating with the right people...not us.

-------------------

Please understand that I feel we are dealing with wreckage here but every moment that passes makes me question that more and more. I'm sure we're all the same. Of course this plane has crashed (whether terrorist, mechanical or pilot error) but each moment that passes with an increasing amount of resources turning up nothing makes us ask questions.

Please can the experts step forward and put me back in my box. I know the I might be giving Clancy a run for his money here but we do tend to just "compartmentalise" a downed plane (nasty though it is). 239 people missing without a trace? That stuff sticks.

if it didn't crash than it landed somewhere as it only had enough gas to get an hour or so beyond Bejing.

So , where is it??

Bearing in mind this is a theory only and we might have news that proves it ditched. Western China is MASSIVE and very empty. They might well be "Chinese" by law but they really don't think so and couldn't care what Beijing thinks.

-------------------

So , where is it??

its a long shot but if it was hijacked ,they could still be in negeotiations with the hijackers

and thus media blackout etc

if it is extremeists ,they may have asked for people to be released from jail

or negeotiating for something that the country involved doesnt want to give them

its unlikely that the chinese ,malaysians and the usa doesnt know what happened

the nsa knows when you last took a shit ,to think they dont know about this is ridiculous

and the UK daily Mall gets their story out,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576641/Terror-fears-missing-777-grow-Identities-ANOTHER-two-passengers-probed-suspicion-falls-four-booked-Chinese-airline.html

Did Missing Malaysia flight DISINTEGRATE at 35,000 feet? Search team find what they believe is part of plane door and tail as Interpol probes claims four people boarded using stolen passports
  • Search team finds what it believes is part of a door and a plane's tail
  • Authorities say at least two people were travelling on stolen passports
  • Interpol said its database with information about them wasn't checked
  • The tickets they used were bought through through a Chinese airline
  • Flight MH370 declared missing nearly 90 minutes after it was due to land
  • The missing 227 passengers and 12 crew were from 14 different countries
  • No terrorist organisations have claimed responsibility for the attack