I witnessed Child Molestation, What shall I do?

Kitsune

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give up, it just gets more bizarre,

who the fork is "what'syourface?"

and "it's Thai culture to play with children's genitals even when they try to stop you" ??????

Goodnight all

Glimmer of Thai reality was enough send our "lostinsurin" scampering out of the room.

G'head lostinsurin call the cops or better yet get a crew of your "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Idiots" into your fantasy.

Just open your eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow! Another enormous thread with no end based on western ideals in a third world country. Crouch grabbing is an international pass time anyway.

Where are the moderators on this site? Why let this BS go on and on and on. Right about post 15 it starts to go off track into personal experiences.

• Like 1

Wow...so disappointed and disturbed by some of the comments here. The question should have been ask "what would you do if you see the child being molested?"

OP, follow your gut feeling. If you are unsure about this, go back and investigate again, if the man is the molester, the chance is very high of him molesting the children again.

Would you want someone to tell you if your son or daughter is being molested? Would you want someone help you if you are the child and someone is molesting you? I think you know what to do.

I don't think I could sleep at night without trying to do something about it, at least try anyway.

For the record, it does not matter where you are at or what culture you are in, wrong is wrong. Molesting the child is not in Thai culture!

Edited by Somsrisonphimai
  • Like 2

Not condoning anything, but people in southeast asia have a tradition of (I hope without intent of sexual contact) being overly familiar with the young ones. You will see relatives doing many such things, but to have a stranger/employee of a school doing something is a warning sign. Something tells me, much is not reported. I cannot even write about some of the things I have witnessed. One man, who thought he was alone, with a two year old daughter. His hand was very busy as he held the girl. I was told he was an "uncle" and not an eye was batted amongst the other relatives.

Not condoning anything, but people in southeast asia have a tradition of (I hope without intent of sexual contact) being overly familiar with the young ones. You will see relatives doing many such things, but to have a stranger/employee of a school doing something is a warning sign. Something tells me, much is not reported. I cannot even write about some of the things I have witnessed. One man, who thought he was alone, with a two year old daughter. His hand was very busy as he held the girl. I was told he was an "uncle" and not an eye was batted amongst the other relatives.

...mistake... his niece..not his daughter.

If he was a gate guard he will still work there, some school gate guards are local alcoholics (paid small money)

But I am amazed you have done nothing.

Why are you amazed? People see things that disturb them and don't take action for many reasons. Maybe you would too, you weren't there. It is always easy to say what you would do when your not there.

What I am amazed of, beside people making the witness the bad person, is how so many say it is too late now? So a crime has a week statue of limitations?

I'd report it if you really think is was abuse. If nothing else, it may prevent someone else's kid from this type of behavior.

• Like 1

Wow...so disappointed and disturbed by some of the comments here. The question should have been ask "what would you do if you see the child being molested?"

OP, follow your gut feeling. If you are unsure about this, go back and investigate again, if the man is the molester, the chance is very high of him molesting the children again.

Would you want someone to tell you if your son or daughter is being molested? Would you want someone help you if you are the child and someone is molesting you? I think you know what to do.

I don't think I could sleep at night without trying to do something about it, at least try anyway.

For the record, it does not matter where you are at or what culture you are in, wrong is wrong. Molesting the child is not in Thai culture!

Keeping it quiet...out of fear and/or shame is.

Keeping it quiet...out of fear and/or shame is.

The mentality like this that keeps the molesters going. Take a stand, take a chance, make a different, and something good could come out of it.

• Like 1

Do absolutely nothing. Walk away.

If a farang did that a policeman would up your ass in five minutes, but I witnessed something similar when taking a school van to school. The driver, apparently a friend of the family, would play with a young boys penis while driving. He would go up his pants to get "skin". This was daily. He didn't even try to hide it.

Anytime you report a Thai for any wrong doing you are putting yourself at risk. Yes, I know, I know, everyone here will say it's not RIGHT to do that, and yes they would be correct, but again, you put yourself at risk by speaking.

Thais can generate any "truth" about you for revenge and the rest will swear by it.

• Like 2

and "it's Thai culture to play with children's genitals even when they try to stop you" ??????

Goodnight all

Glimmer of Thai reality was enough send our "lostinsurin" scampering out of the room.

G'head lostinsurin call the cops or better yet get a crew of your "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Idiots" into your fantasy.

Just open your eyes.

And a good morning to you sir,

carried on ranting I see.

Goodnight all

Just open your eyes.

And a good morning to you sir,

carried on ranting I see

Tweeting your displeasure at being called out as a bit of a soap box jumper.

Still quite >>lostinsurin<< I see.

You'll no doubt be able to find your way over to your village school, Chang in hand and all excited to pick up that medal for heroism you awarded yourself last nite.

Should you witness any inappropriate touching (other than your own self-congratulatory variety) be shure to call it in.

On this marvellous Monday morning Surin awaits its saviour.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

That already happened last week, all you know is that they guy wore a uniform. Was it a gate guard playing with his own kid?

You should have dome something when you saw that. Approaching him and asking him in any language what he was doing, then you'd have seen his reaction.

We had a gate guard at our school who always molested our girls. Took me a long time that they're actually listening to me. He's gone, no cops were involved.

An Indian guy who worked at our school being an English teacher even topped that.He was caught in a toilette with a grade five girl..

A Thai teacher reported that to the director, but he thought it was just gossip. Then almost 10 months later, he got caught on the toilet again, with the same girl.

I tried all to involve cops that this guy would get deported, but none of our superiors was interested to inform the cops, nor the girl's parents.

Same Indian guy then opened an orphanage in the same city. The girl he'd molested was a "facebook friend" of our son, so I could get details that gave me a huge headache.

I couldn't go to the cops, as nobody would have backed me up.Neither the school, nor the girl.

As with many things in Thailand, it often seems the right hand and left hand are working against each other. For every actual molestation, there is a phony mollestation charged against someone. Plus authorities and parents usually avoid taking action. Some parents even rent their own kids to strangers for sex.. With the result that a few bars, massage parlors, and whorehouses have underage girls.

I have a bad back, so often get a 'Thai Massage', which always reduces the pain... This means that I have often asked the question about age and when in doubt I go elsewhere.

Additionally, I have young kids and have seen that a few of their friends act out sexually.

Last year an acquaintence asked me if I worry and, to make his point, posted a photo of Thai elementary kids having sex at a public school.

There-in lies your question - what to do in a country where sex, sexual acts and sexual maturity, have very different values than 'back home'...

Westerners are always right.

All other societies, cultures and ways of living are wrong. And so wrong they need to be pitied. :rolleyes:

Poor Westerners. :(

Good to read that you have no problem with a stranger playing with your vital parts.
This is the excuse the Jimmy's make to justify fiddling with kids, if you turn a blind eye that makes you as bad as the offender.
  • Like 1

Westerners are always right.

All other societies, cultures and ways of living are wrong. And so wrong they need to be pitied. :rolleyes:

Poor Westerners. :(

Good to read that you have no problem with a stranger playing with your vital parts.
This is the excuse the Jimmy's make to justify fiddling with kids, if you turn a blind eye that makes you as bad as the offender.

Some think that blaming a sort of behaviour from people, on this forum, has to do with bashing the thais and its culture. This is THAIVISA thus therefore related to Thailand. Right is right and wrong is wrong....regardless of country. Children are innocent and protecting them is a task from each and and every adult who witnesses inappropriate behaviour, to put it mildly, towards them. Not always easy or doable....unfortunately.

I had a similar experience.. I wont go into details but I did intervene and the police did nothing other than make a drawn-out fuss of writing a "report" which I later found out contained no detail whatsoever as to what I had witnessed and intervened in.

I did not get moral outrage and go in all guns blazing mind you. I did it in a very careful way, pretending to be lost and not actually blaming, confronting or criticising anyone. I did however manage to play the idiot foreigner for long enough that a scene was made and people got involved.

I was later able to report the location and ID of two of three people involved to someone who claimed to be connected and who claimed to care, but I never heard about what the outcome was, only that "it was all finished". God knows..

The point is there is always something you can do as one human being in close proximity to another, but you need to do it in the right way and furthermore you need to be sure of what you are witnessing. I would suggest hearing a child crying and weeping after being led into a hut with an old man is enough reason to get into the hut (in an explainable, non confrontational way) to find out more. Even just knocking on the door under some pretence could give you the information you need to know better. He might have been applying a bandage to a wound, or he might have been having his way with him- but you can't know either from outside. Hearing a child in distress is never going to be thought of as a bad reason to have knocked on a door, but you could justify your presence a million other ways.

I would say the guard at school is probably not something to intervene in but I would want to monitor him very closely at every available opportunity which may include informing others who can be trusted to handle it appropriately. Personally I might strike up a conversation with the guard, get to know him a bit, be friendly, let him know someone is paying him attention.

We're talking about kids here, but we're also talking about the reputation of adults. You can't be black and white about it, and you also cannot just ignore possible abuse. Use a bit of brains whichever side of the fence you come down on.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1