Nimmen dinner recommendations

Ebenweb

I'd suggest walking up and down Soi 5, 7, 9 and 11 and have a look at all the places. My favorites are on Soi 11 (Beer Republic and Why Not Mediterranean restaurant.)

Soi 5 has a higher end Japanese restaurant one full block east of Nimmen (can't remember the name) but every block has something.

It's a small area so walking around these sois will not take long.

I'd suggest walking up and down Soi 5, 7, 9 and 11 and have a look at all the places. My favorites are on Soi 11 (Beer Republic and Why Not Mediterranean restaurant.)

Soi 5 has a higher end Japanese restaurant one full block east of Nimmen (can't remember the name) but every block has something.

It's a small area so walking around these sois will not take long.

cheers, good info

Not a vegetarian myself but have from time to time enjoyed a vegetarian buffet on Soi 17. Have to admit it is an unknown as they do change their offerings from day to day. But I have always enjoyed them.

Is that "Khun Churn" (sp). If so, I've been told that they've moved to a less expensive area.

Khun Nai Dern Sai on soi 11 is a nice Thai place with outdoor garden or if you drive a little bit go to Galae Restaurant at the end of Sutep Road - both are nice places to take CM visitors

Oh also Yangzi Jiang - Chinese resturant in old colonial-style wooden house on the right side of soi 5

Not a vegetarian myself but have from time to time enjoyed a vegetarian buffet on Soi 17. Have to admit it is an unknown as they do change their offerings from day to day. But I have always enjoyed them.

Is that "Khun Churn" (sp). If so, I've been told that they've moved to a less expensive area.

...and I also don't think it's as good as Pun Pun. Not sure if Pun Pun moved or has an additional branch, but I went to the one almost at the end of Suthep Road (past CMU) but before you go up to the lake area. Incredible vegetarian food, and quite pleasant to sit. There's a coffee shop there too.

Anyway.. back to Nimman I suppose. :rolleyes:

Correct, they moved to the back of beyond in the old cultural centre at the end of Wualai.

But across from their old place khun Mor is a safe bet. I always recommend our customers to go there as it has an extensive thai menu, you get absolute plate full.

The food is great but I don't like the ambience of the place. It looks good yet there is something homely missing and I can't put my finger on it.

They have a branch in central also now.

Correct, they moved to the back of beyond in the old cultural centre at the end of Wualai.

But across from their old place khun Mor is a safe bet. I always recommend our customers to go there as it has an extensive thai menu, you get absolute plate full.

The food is great but I don't like the ambience of the place. It looks good yet there is something homely missing and I can't put my finger on it.

They have a branch in central also now.

Is Wualai. the one where they have the Saturday night walking Street also known as the silver street.

Yes you are correct the fellow who introduced me to the one on Soi 17 said the place across the street from it was also very good.

around the corner from it is a good ice cream place. I found it to be costly.