Ip Address

kkengvibul

i installed that program...but i dont know how to use it...

i already have my msn list on it but i dont know how to find the IP address...

can anyone please teach me?

thankss

Edited by kkengvibul

Yes, it will let you know your IP.

He doesn't want to know his IP, he wants to know the IP address of someone he's chatting too.

I don't think you can do it , there's no peer to peer connection in an MSN chat I believe (it's done via MSN servers).

However this might work (haven't tried it but this works with other peer to peer apps).

* Start a file transfer or webcam chat with someone

* Go to a dos prompt -- Start ->Run->Cmd

* Type "netstat -an" to show all the network connections your computer is using.

* The ip address of the other person might show up in the "Foreign Address" column.

Yes, it will let you know your IP.

He doesn't want to know his IP, he wants to know the IP address of someone he's chatting too.

I don't think you can do it , there's no peer to peer connection in an MSN chat I believe (it's done via MSN servers).

However this might work (haven't tried it but this works with other peer to peer apps).

* Start a file transfer or webcam chat with someone

* Go to a dos prompt -- Start ->Run->Cmd

* Type "netstat -an" to show all the network connections your computer is using.

* The ip address of the other person might show up in the "Foreign Address" column.

your idea is good,but for me doesn't work :D

because i try allready with some friend to italy but look in the netstat or in the log of sygate appear only the server microsoft in thailand,207.xxx.xxx.xx,i talk with some friend engineer in italy and he say that can see ip only if you use dial-up and not adsl broadband

effectively,i try and if i use adsl i see the server microsoft in thailand but if i use dial-up 56k i can see the ip of my friend that transfer file to me

strange........ :o

Edited by giulio