PDRC to proceed with reform plan

Lite Beer

PDRC to proceed with reform plan
By English News

13943527957977-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, March 9 - The anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) plans to go forward with its reform plan, according to its spokesman.

Akanat Promphan, PDRC spokesman, said an academic forum will be organised on Monday under the topic "Restart Thailand" at Lumpini Youth Center, focusing on brainstorming practical ideas while opening channels for the public to voice their opinions.

The forum will start at 10 am. The matters discussed will be about poverty solutions, income disparity reduction and strengthening of society. ‎

On Wednesday, another forum, to span six rounds, will be held on corruption with different topics in detail.

‎The last day of discussions will be next Friday.

Three processes will be conducted throughout the reform plan -- academic forums, assembly, and people's council, Mr Akanat said. (MCOT online news) ‎

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-09

• Like 1

I wonder, if foreigners are allowed to listen without being threatened to be deported afterwards.
It would be interesting especially for all those foreign reporters, who have been complaining, that the protesters have no plan how to proceed after the downfall of the Taksinistas.

• Like 1

I need the new date for when the government will fall. Does anyone have it? Usually the PDRC announces it a few days before but so far nothing this week. I need to urgently mark it in my calendar. If anyone has it, please let me know.

I'm off to Myanmar, to consult the astrologer.

Wait for me to come back and you will have your answer.

Don't be too long in Myanmar because when you come back to Khon Kaen it may be in "Isaan Lanna" and you could need a different visa.

Sounds like they should set up a political party and put some policies together. Thailands democracy deserves a better opposition than the democrats, who are the worst political party in thai history.

The democrat party do stumble a lot but there are lots of very bright and capable people on tap, no I don't mean Mark.

I need the new date for when the government will fall. Does anyone have it? Usually the PDRC announces it a few days before but so far nothing this week. I need to urgently mark it in my calendar. If anyone has it, please let me know.

I heard yesterday it was going to be three before or possibly 2 days after the farmers get paid.

I think that's why it's been changed so often

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by getthaid

The ever honest PTP will hold power for eternity..........there Shans........does that make you feel better. Mark your calender.

Sounds like they should set up a political party and put some policies together. Thailands democracy deserves a better opposition than the democrats, who are the worst political party in thai history.

worst political party in thai history.

You forgot PTP and its predecessors like thai rak thai

• Like 1

It is refreshing that the PDRC is actually having intelligent discussions and forums. Pheu Thai, on the other hand, is far too busy covering up the evidence of the rice scandal, denigrating the independent agencies and the courts, strenuously denying two former cabinet ministers' open support of the secession movement two weeks ago, directing their wrath on the army, who have the effrontery to be protecting the people, falling asleep while standing in a process apparently called an election in progress, consequently revising the constitution on a daily basis, place themselves above every court ruling handed down, and retaliating by imagining every charge in the book to slam at people who peacefully have debates and discussions in Lumpini Park.

There's having discussions that propel the national debate ... And then there's what Pheu Thai's doing.

Thanks, I needed that to lighten the day. 1508624.GIF

It is good to see the PDRC start to move on this reform they have always been talking about. Now that yingluck is out of the picture and before the red shirts start to mobilize the biggest street gang in history the PDRC can attempt to move this country forward. It is refreshing to see the encouragement of public participation. They didn't have to be forced by the courts like the 13th century water king did regarding the water management scheme fiasco. As long as Suthep keeps these reforms transparent and moving forward the majority will respect that. After the last election the majority have already spoken. It is just a shame the PTP won't respect that majority as it didn't respect the majority that voted for the 2007 constitution and didn't accept the majority that didn't want the amnesty bill.

Let's hope the northern minority terrorist militia that is trying to ensure an accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive that is unelectable clings to power against the wish of the majority refrain from there violent tendencies.

Well done Suthep on being so pro active. The only difference between Suthep and Mandela is 189 terrorist charges.

post-140765-0-62210200-1394363889_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

It looks like my constant whinging about Suthep's lack of a tangible reform framework is finally paying off.

Let's see if, in essence, any such reform measures pan out into, well, something concrete, long lasting, just and useful to the future of Thailand and her people.

Oh, I nearly forgot, and completely free from the real stench of corruption that has tainted this great country for so very, very long.

• Like 1

Well done Suthep on being so pro active. The only difference between Suthep and Mandela is 189 terrorist charges.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif yeah that's has nearly caused me a new keyboard..

One was the convicted leader of a Terrorist organisation responsible for thousands of deaths

The other ripped off thousands and lined his own pockets..whilst preaching anti corruption.

You have awesome role models!!! rolleyes.gif

It is refreshing that the PDRC is actually having intelligent discussions and forums. Pheu Thai, on the other hand, is far too busy covering up the evidence of the rice scandal, denigrating the independent agencies and the courts, strenuously denying two former cabinet ministers' open support of the secession movement two weeks ago, directing their wrath on the army, who have the effrontery to be protecting the people, falling asleep while standing in a process apparently called an election in progress, consequently revising the constitution on a daily basis, place themselves above every court ruling handed down, and retaliating by imagining every charge in the book to slam at people who peacefully have debates and discussions in Lumpini Park.

There's having discussions that propel the national debate ... And then there's what Pheu Thai's doing.

Did you receive your invite yet, Scampi?

Perhaps if the PDRC truly had the welfare of 'the people' at heart they would have started this 'oh so amazing' brainwave a hell of a lot sooner. Instead their actions, motivated by power hungry ambitions, have so far only been of massive detriment to Thailand.

Excuse me but power hungry ambitions require people looking for power.

All I have heard from the PDRC is plans to reform the government no names mentioned. Hard to amass power if you don't have people.

Now on the other hand we see certain people with power desperately trying to hang on to power.

A great big list of them and more trying to get on their list. They have even mentioned my way or we will divide the country. Then one of them had a moment of clarity and realized what they had said and now has them all trying to marginalize it.

Finally yes finally we see some action to plan for reform and do you think the PTP will send a representative. Not likely the way they have been fighting to hang on to their power. Why would they want to be a part of the answer to an honest government?

"have so far only been of massive detriment to Thailand the Shinawatra clan"

I took the liberty to correct a mistake for you no thanks needed.

• Like 1

The TV yellow loons will be along soon, they have been predicting the downfall of YS since before Christmas. Apparently the good lady is still here.
Isn't she in hiding in The Peoples Demcratic Republic of Shinawtra ? I suppose she'll Facebook her instructions soon. Edited by mrtoad