Extension of Stay + 90-days

Do extensions of stay work the same way as visas do in terms of squeezing out an extra 90 days?

I have “Thai Wife” non-O extension stamp through 16 Jul 2014 and a multiple re-entry stamp good through same date.

If I go out of TH and return on, say, 15 Jul 2014 will I get 90-days added upon re-entry? If so, will that mean my extension of stay is “extended” until ~15 Oct 2014?

Thanks in advance…

FKT

No. A re-entry permit only keeps the period of the existing extension of stay alive. In your example, the re-entry permit will be valid for a return journey to Tailand not later than16 JUL 2014 and on arrival in Thailand the arrival stamp will show that you are permitted to stay until 16 JUL 2014.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NO! THe extension of stay and the re-entry permit expire 16 July. If you go out and back in on the 15th and use the re-entry permit you will only get permission to stay until the 16th, and a wierd look from the immigration officer. A re-entry permit is not a visa, it is just a permit to re-enter without loosing your current permission to stay.

My non b visa ends on April 30th. If I go up to Mae Sai and walk across the border before April 30 th will I get an additional 90 days? Is it really just extending my 1 year visa. I am american (G7)

If you have a multiple entry B visa from an embassy or consulate you can get another 90 day entry if you do it on or before April 30th. After that you would need to get a new visa.

My non b visa ends on April 30th. If I go up to Mae Sai and walk across the border before April 30 th will I get an additional 90 days? Is it really just extending my 1 year visa. I am american (G7)

Only if you have a multiple entry non-B visa that was issued by a Thai consulate abroad will you get another 90 days. Not if you have a 1 year extension of stay from immigration.