Visa Run To KL (Only there for 2.5 Hours)

That should be long enough as you won't have any luggage to check on. The only risk is if your outbound flight is delayed. I've done this run before but opted to get a later return flight just in case. More boring hanging around the airport for longer, but safer if there are delays.

Which airport/airline? I did this with TG some years back, checked in for the return at BKK and never even entered Malaysia as arrivals and departures are not segregated at KUL.

That is very poor advise. If you were caught doing it would be a very unpleasant experience. Especially if it was noticed on your return to Thailand and they refused you entry.

• Like 1

That depends on what airline you use to get to KL. Some go to the LCCT and 2.5 hours should be plenty of time. If the airline goes to the new International Airport, never can tell until you arrive. My last trip through the International terminal took quit a bit of time since many international flights arrived at about the same time.

Visa Run Completed successfully. The plane took off 10 mins early and got to KL 25 Mins early. No extra hold ups at security or Immigration which was surprising. Maybe if I had flown 3 or 4 days earlier this wouldn't have been the case due to the missing plane.