Protest leader Suthep expects key reform issues taking a year and a half

webfact

"Mr Suthep said the forum was aimed at allowing public participation from all quarters to exchange their views on the key six pressing issues. At the centre of the discussions are the poverty and disparity, corruption, power decentralisation, police structural reform, electoral and political party system reforms as well as bureaucracy reform."

It seems to me that these are the same kind of reforms the redshifts claim they want, why the heck can't the two sides get together and get true reform? Me thinks because the redshirt leaders couldn't care less about reform or the poor, they only care about their pay cheaque from Thaksin. Perhaps Suthep has alternate motives, but at least he is presenting something that if done correctly would be beneficial to the majority of Thais, especially the poor. In contrast the redshirts have only suggested the country be broken apart, but this would benefit no one.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PURE DEMAGOGY....

EVERY POLITICIAN IS DISHONEST AND CORRUPTED.

EVERYONE.

PERIOD.

Which is basically, someone like Suthep that wants to do a lot of flag waving by appealing to the emotions of the people at this time, he is trying to arouse their emotions and stir up the country.

So far he has accomplished this, but in the short and long term, politics and the people don't mix and nothing will change in the Government, the Military or the Police.

You could substitute Thaksin for Suthep and it'd be the same thing.

You really are clueless Thaksin runs the country and can not even step foot in it.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

While Suthep on the other hand tries to get rid of him and proposes changes that will benefit Thailand all the while he stay's in the country.

You people are passing beyond being a joke to needing a certain type of medical help.coffee1.gif

Hey, calm down. I'm NO fan of Suthep. No fan of Thaksin either. And I'm far from clueless.

Thaksin could easily be in Thailand. He just has to appear before the court, say the charges are bogus, and go on about his business like all the other politicians do. His choice to be in exile. All about ego.

Be polite. We're just having a discussion here. No reason for personal attacks.

• Like 1

After 5 mths they are only now getting around to talking about it ? pathetic, the time was in the first few weeks and there still isnt any how just general words about what and 18mths yet again, and still not one name of who......... same BS different month.... coffee1.gif

Pathetic it took you five months to see the need for it.

The name will come it is a process first Thailand (you don't really count) has to see the need for it and the possibilities it will offer them.

You are not the only one in favor of maintaining the current corrupt system. they have lot's to overcome but this is a sign to the people that maybe there is a way for a better Thailand than under the Jackboots of Thaksinism.wai.gif

LOL im not in favour of maintaining the status quo at all,far from it but it should be clear to you by now this jackboot Charlie has no intention of reform in the literal sense just his own little agenda

• Like 1

After 5 mths they are only now getting around to talking about it ? pathetic, the time was in the first few weeks and there still isnt any how just general words about what and 18mths yet again, and still not one name of who......... same BS different month.... coffee1.gif

Pathetic it took you five months to see the need for it.

The name will come it is a process first Thailand (you don't really count) has to see the need for it and the possibilities it will offer them.

You are not the only one in favor of maintaining the current corrupt system. they have lot's to overcome but this is a sign to the people that maybe there is a way for a better Thailand than under the Jackboots of Thaksinism.wai.gif

LOL im not in favour of maintaining the status quo at all,far from it but it should be clear to you by now this jackboot Charlie has no intention of reform in the literal sense just his own little agenda

Your thoughts only together with a sprinkling of others here.

He has been the only chance to rid this country of evil greed. No matter of what people see of him/ his history..... no one else has tried to expose wrongs, but he has brought to light so much, top people are being probed by the justice system and brought to court.

If this man has to go down with many more for what he has done---and maybe he will have to-------he is near the only one that people can look back and say, you are a baddy BUT didn't he do well.

He will not be in the new government when it is eventually takes form as he will be in the monkey cage---but well done, without him we would be in Turd street.

What we have known a long time, is now in the open, and more to come. Sometimes you need these so called renegades air the sheets.

Where are all the losers that kept demanding Suthep come up with his reforms. The problem all you red supporters (farangs) have is that your minuscule brains can only handle one day at a time. You cannot think into the future and you lose all reality of the past. How can you show empathy towards a bunch of rabble that has to use all their daily brain cell allotment just to find their way onto a bar stool.

POLITICS

PDRC holds first forum on reform

Pravit Rojanaphruk

The Nation

Discussion focuses on six issues, with poverty, social disparity the top two

BANGKOK: -- The anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) launched its first forum on national reform yesterday, relying on input from key public figures and a reform panel set up under the previous government.

Poldej Pinprateep, a member of the reform panel that was formerly led by social critic Prawase Wasi and a member of the Cabinet member under the military-appointed administration, chaired the meeting yesterday.

"When an army defeats [its opponents], it doesn't invite the conquered [to take part in rebuilding]. When we win, we won't involve those who have lost, other than youngsters, whom we can train.

So he's proposing yet another "winner take all" situation. We won, so we get to do what we want and to hell with the rest of you.

Oh, yeah, that has all the earmarks of reform and reconciliation.

Well the fact that you had to cherry pick statements from two different posts indicates that you are not really interested in reform.

You like so many other posters like to refer an honest attempt at change as "fascists". Not a one of you has an idea to benefit Thailand. Just continually put down efforts to improve it. the funny part about it is probably half of you are two faced about it and will whine about your inability to own property and the immigration system.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif In short you people are becoming a joke nothing but negativity and no hope to offer.clap2.gif

This whole thing has been put down by people who like you have no interest in change the current corruption system serves your proposes fine.

Well it does not serve mine fine I have no financial gain in it the way it is or what reform would give me. But it does offer a better future for my Thai family whom I care about they are not an inconvenient item to me. They are people I care about.

On second thought yes reform could mean money in my pocket. Less money I would have to spend on their education.

Fire away losers I can take it.

You are almost humorous. You base your opinion of me on one comment I made, and have probably never seen the numerous other comments I've made that clearly show I am neither Red nor Yellow. THAT is "cherry picking" as you put it.

I am a strong proponent of serious and much needed change in Thailand, for the good of ALL Thai, not just the "winners" who feel they can do what they want, which my highlighted section clearly points out. I've been coming to Thailand off and on for about 40 years, and retired here permanently 6 years ago, so I've see my share, and then some, of the political b.s. that has gone on by ALL parties and politicians.

I just don't see Suthep, who is as crooked and corrupt as any of them, including Thaksin, as the man to bring those changes about. That's like the fox telling the farmer what kind of locks and security are needed for the hen houses.

But you tell me, does the comment of Khun Pinpreteep sound like those of a man dedicated to "reform", or the words of a "winner take all".

You may as you say be no particular color shirt . But the fact you had to cherry pick to come up with a what to you is reality shows me some thing. Can't say as I have read many of your articles supporting change in any way. Might be wrong but you sem to find fault with the idea.

As for Khun Pinpreteep That was 9 years ago are you still under the same belief system you were 9 years ago. Are you saying that Thaksin should have been allowed to illegally occupy the PM office. Are you saying that Thaksin should have been allowed to carry on with his plundering of the countries money? What about the murder rampage he turned the police department loose with. Also note that Khun Pinpreteep worked towards stopping that and returning the government back to the people with an improved constitution that apparently is still in need of work on. Did he do an unacceptable job of chairing the session to you? If so complain.

for my self the very fact they had the session and it was open to the public is a huge step forward.

Or do you prefer orders from Dubai being delivered on Facebook. I for one do not and am willing to let some one try to improve the lot of the common Thai.

Personally I beleive that this forum might have had a much better play months ago... as it is... it is a poorly conceived presentation... Dems have been "working on" a reform plan for awhile...yes? Academics have been working on reforms for awhile... all in different arenas.... why is that...? All the groups have come up with generic 6-7 point lists There is no collective agreement on what reform will be...how it will be implemented ? Of course not. because reform takes decades not two weeks , 6 meetings of input..and then decisions made.. real reform will cause hardships all across this society because the problems are so deeply engrained in the fabric of assumed and acceptedThai life that they are nearly subliminal.. Speaking the word reform won't handle it.. Proposing to eradicate corruption revise education, improve over poverty are reforms that will take sacrifices from everyone for a long time... attention span here is about as long as a good beer fahrt.. so it is easy to scoff at an 18month plan.. it is not realistc...having said that... reform is needed there is no doubt... but lemme just suggest that often times role models are often a good start to inspire real change... I would have had a million times more respect for Suthep and backed him too had he taken a look in his own backyard... spent the billions he trashed in BKK on acheiving real progress in the South where his power base is... instead of being the front for the old boys club in BKK..Think of the possibilities... uniting Muslims and Buddhists and putting an end to the conflict in the south.. What an incredible endeavor for a politician... what a tremendous support base he would have had...he could actually claim victoryover a real societal issue that no one could shoot down...only laud... would have been a real cowboy...could have been a real Thai hero.... a model for the future.... someone who led by doing not by undoing...Sadly he chose this path...Division, polarization...Red Yellow Blue Green matters not ....I welcome any reform...from the ground up...sadly Idon't beleive any of it is possible in less than 50 years and all this side taking and slamming will be as much...... just dust in the wind...and these "good people" are not representative of greater Thailand.. I am pretty sure that the 'public" in that first meeting were all inside BKKokians...Doubt anybody from Chang Mai or Rai or Kalasin was bussed in for input...SO what we have is same-same.. a vocal educated minority "proposing" reforms.. somehow it doesn't wash...and when ya read Mr Abhisets offer to the government to follow his reform plan if they like... it all kinda loses it's impetus .

this is of course my opinion... wish there were other people to choose from..neither red or yellow or blue...

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

"Mr Suthep said the forum was aimed at allowing public participation from all quarters to exchange their views on the key six pressing issues. At the centre of the discussions are the poverty and disparity, corruption, power decentralisation, police structural reform, electoral and political party system reforms as well as bureaucracy reform."

It seems to me that these are the same kind of reforms the redshifts claim they want, why the heck can't the two sides get together and get true reform? Me thinks because the redshirt leaders couldn't care less about reform or the poor, they only care about their pay cheaque from Thaksin. Perhaps Suthep has alternate motives, but at least he is presenting something that if done correctly would be beneficial to the majority of Thais, especially the poor. In contrast the redshirts have only suggested the country be broken apart, but this would benefit no one.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that you've got it the other way around. The reason Suthep is floating these reforms is as a smokescreen to suspend democracy and get his dictatorial People's Council in power. To see who is more serious about helping the poor, just go up to Isan and ask people there which government they have got more help from.

The red shirts have seen through Suthep's thinly veiled power grab and that is why they "cannot get along". They are in fact so fed up with the constant underhanded overthrows of elected governments that they want to split the country so at least half of it has democracy.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app