Western Women Coming to Thailand Looking for Love

BookMan

What are the chances of Thailand seeing an increasing influx of Western women looking for love, Marriage, sex or companionship?

The system works well for thousands of Western guys so why not women?

Lots of Western women are looking for love and companionship and have financial independence and the means to look outside their home countries

Plenty of Thai men are handsome, have charming smiles, agreeable attitudes, University qualifications and dress well. Many Western women like Thai guys.

*Important*

This is not a flaming ground or bitch-fest about Western woman. Please go to your local bar for that rant.

If ever there was a thread that encourages nasty answers across the entire spectrum of hate this is it. But it is a perfect example of

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705513-thaivisa-is-no-fun-anymore-full-of-trolls-whackos-haters-and-mogs/

A thread doesn't encourage nasty answers, an individual poster decides to be nasty all by themselves.

Surely you are not going to start blaming an OP for wanting a normal adult discussion?

"messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response"

Thai male bashers or Western female bashers. The litany of both will begin shortly.

If ever there was a thread that encourages nasty answers across the entire spectrum of hate this is it. But it is a perfect example of

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705513-thaivisa-is-no-fun-anymore-full-of-trolls-whackos-haters-and-mogs/

A thread doesn't encourage nasty answers, an individual poster decides to be nasty all by themselves.

Surely you are not going to start blaming an OP for wanting a normal adult discussion?

"messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response"

Thai male bashers or Western female bashers. The litany of both will begin shortly.

That could cover any topic. Everyone has different emotional buttons.

You notice i put this in my OP:

*Important*

This is not a flaming ground or bitch-fest about Western woman. Please go to your local bar for that rant

Do you have an opinion on the topic?

*Important*

This is not a flaming ground or bitch-fest about Western woman. Please go to your local bar for that rant

The only possible opinions will be a bitch fest (watch, don't take my word). Since it is almost impossible to post a reasonable answer to your trawl I'll keep quiet on this one. I know the thread should be reported but I'm not a dibba dobber.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

In the 80's it was normal practice for middle aged European women to tread the "Shirley Valentine" route.

As a bloke I openly admit that the main reason I came to Thailand was that I couldn't get any further from my ex wife.... without NASA's help! :)

Edited by evadgib

*Important*

The only possible opinions will be a bitch fest (watch, don't take my word). Since it is almost impossible to post a reasonable answer to your trawl I'll keep quiet on this one. I know the thread should be reported but I'm not a dibba dobber.

Well I posted a reasonable response and so far you havn't kept very quiet.

Maybe have a nice cup of tea and unwing your angst that we are all feeling. I hear andronicus tea with a knob of ginger works well.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No Bookmans onto something here..

Was talking my neighbour in the village about this, he mentioned that Dutch ladies age typically in their late 40s or 50s are taking Thai tours in search of younger Thai men.

He was considering starting a business up from Holland to cater the growing demand.

I thought sex tourism was illegal ?

In the 80's it was normal practice for middle aged European women to tread the "Shirley Valentine" route.

As a bloke I openly admit that the main reason I came to Thailand was that I couldn't get any further from my ex wife.... without NASA's help! smile.png

Seeking guidance to uranus is a novel approach.

Well I posted a reasonable response and so far you havn't kept very quiet.

Maybe have a nice cup of tea and unwing your angst that we are all feeling. I hear andronicus tea with a knob of ginger works well.

The post depends on stereotyping all Western women and all Thai men. If one does not accept the stereotype it is impossible to respond to the post. What kind of a person would ask a question based on a stereotypical view of all (or most) Western women and Thai men?

• Like 1

No Bookmans onto something here..

Was talking my neighbour in the village about this, he mentioned that Dutch ladies age typically in their late 40s or 50s are taking Thai tours in search of younger Thai men.

He was considering starting a business up from Holland to cater the growing demand.

It doesn't surprise me krisb.

I cant see any difference at all between western men and western women seeking a partner in Thailand

Go to the Krabi mainland, many Brit women seem to find a good Thai man there, however closer to Krabi Town than Aonang. Stay away from Phuket & Phi Phi, both places are no longer Thailand, Western-land. Wouldn't suggest Bangkok & definitely NOT Sin City - Pattaya is the man's Adult Disneyland. Can also browse the international hospitals & if you learn some Thai, the larger, more expensive Shopping centers. Or if within range of age, attend a large University & engage.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

What are the chances of Thailand seeing an increasing influx of Western women looking for love, Marriage, sex or companionship?

The system works well for thousands of Western guys so why not women?

As with all kind of cross-cultural relationship, it requires some extra effort and awareness. Western women, in contrast to Thai women, tend to be more outspoken and have a higher degree of independence. This can (initially) be off putting for Thai men, who traditionally see the role of women differently. Another factor could also be that Western women are not as mobile as men in terms of relocating to a different country. Either way, as we read here on TV, there are “successful” instances of Western women having a meaningful long-term relationship with Thai men.

• Like 2

The only western women I know of that had Thai boyfriends ended up very disappointed or single mums.

The ones you've known,,,, that does not imply that a generalisation would be accurate.

About 50% of the Thai men I know personally are gentlemen, hard working, and not ugly.

That too does not imply a generalisation would be accurate.

But it does imply that it is entirely feasible that Western women could find long-term happiness in the arms of a Thai man.

Perhaps I will meet the other 50% soon

. Western women, in contrast to Thai women, tend to be more outspoken and have a higher degree of independence. This can (initially) be off putting for Thai men, who traditionally see the role of women differently.

I take your point Morakot, but do you see this a continuing theme with younger Thai's or is there exposure to a worldwide audience visa social networks changing their views on roles in relationships?

In my experience the western females that date Thai males have very strong and wonderful marriages. The women tend to speak Thai much better than most western men married to Thai females too.

I've noticed the same. The numbers are much smaller than the farang male/Thai female couples, but I've noticed that farang female/Thai male relationships tend to be much more of the "equal" variety in terms of age, education, family class, finances, language proficiency, etc. I would imagine they'd have more long term success on average because of this.

It's doubtful that the number of western females coming to Thailand looking for life partners will ever approach western males. There's several reasons, one being that farang females have much higher standards than their male counterparts. Farang females would never consider a relationship with an Isaan peasant guy who possesses limited education, low finances, dim future prospects, low English skills, dysfunctional family life, etc., whereas it seems that's pretty much the sort of Thai woman that most farang guys end up with.

On the flip side, most well-off Thai guys (even middle class) have access to a rather large pool of gorgeous Thai women with whom they have no cultural conflicts and can communicate with perfectly. Even guys who've spent a considerably amount of time overseas prefer Thai women. I can't even imagine a poor young guy who would want to live a life of servitude with a wealthy, albeit much older farang female. It's just not the same.

Anyways, good luck to the western ladies who give it a shot. I have met a few decent Thai guys who would love to meet a good farang woman.

• Like 2

Western women, in contrast to Thai women, tend to be more outspoken and have a higher degree of independence. This can (initially) be off putting for Thai men, who traditionally see the role of women differently.

I take your point Morakot, but do you see this a continuing theme with younger Thai's or is there exposure to a worldwide audience visa social networks changing their views on roles in relationships?

Yes and no. Surely times are changing in Thailand and with it gender roles, but these changes seem to be more partial and cannot be fully compared to the changes in gender roles we saw over generations in the West.

I think what is different --which makes these changes only partial-- is an absence of a deeper understanding (at a collective level) that provides the basis for more equal roles we seen the West. To illustrate: more than 800 years ago in some parts of Western Europe, there already were sentiments that one person cannot own another person (see Magna Carta or Sachsenspiegel). Such principle not only congealed in concrete laws over centuries, but also has shaped the ways how we form relationships with one another. However, in Thailand, like in many other places, this principle did not exist; in fact slavery here was just abolished 102 years ago, and more on the example of marital relationships current legal practice (on immigration) still distinguishes whether the foreign spouse is a man or women.

So like with many issues in modern Thailand, we are dealing a peculiar mix of the hypermodern paired (and confronted) with ancient ways of thinking.

Edited by Morakot

Now Mr Bookman read the two above posts and tell me you didn't want these responses. It was just a matter of time. But this is just the beginning of the wagging and flogging that you anticipated eh?

For someone not interested in the thread you seem to be keeping a remarkably close eye on things

It was an obvious troll post of the worst kind because it was sneaky. You'll just sit back and watch all the others flame and get banned discussing your material and not take any of the blame for not starting it.

But I could have been wrong. I am watching to see. Wait till the late night boys who only dream about Thailand start posting in the wee hours of the morning.

How many organ size posts so far?

Edited by thailiketoo

Now Mr Bookman read the two above posts and tell me you didn't want these responses. It was just a matter of time. But this is just the beginning of the wagging and flogging that you anticipated eh?

For someone not interested in the thread you seem to be keeping a remarkably close eye on things

It was an obvious troll post of the worst kind because it was sneaky. You'll just sit back and watch all the others flame and get banned discussing your material and not take any of the blame for not starting it.

But I could have been wrong. I am watching to see. Wait till the late night boys who only dream about Thailand start posting in the wee hours of the morning.

Can you try and stay on topic Thailiketoo?

I know you like to push your own agendas but in this thread we are talking about Western women looking for relationships in Thaiand.

Nothing to add? Start yourself an OP of your own liking.

Can you try and stay on topic Thailiketoo?

I know you like to push your own agendas but in this thread we are talking about Western women looking for relationships in Thaiand.

Nothing to add? Start yourself an OP of your own liking.

You mean the thread was not meant to discuss Thai male physical characteristics vs African males? Funny how many posts on that topic so far? Have you cautioned them about being on topic? Or how about Thai male gambling and fidelity? Is that on topic? How many on that topic so far? Just another Thai bashing trawl.

You mean the thread was not meant to discuss Thai male physical characteristics vs African males? Funny how many posts on that topic so far? Have you cautioned them about being on topic? Or how about Thai male gambling and fidelity? Is that on topic? How many on that topic so far? Just another Thai bashing trawl.

There have been a few jokey posts but the majority have been sensible, with a few, quite thoughtful and well articulated.

So far only one aggressive troll like poster trying to stir things up. That would be you.

• Like 1