Dating a younger Thai girl - or why I love Thailand.

Tmymaimee

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are both happy then everything is ok....don't concern yourself with what others may think.

Why do you even bother posting this. Just be happy and don't worry

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They like to brag...

I don't think someone that has their own apartment, full time job, doesn't own a TV or smartphone and reads for pleasure would be a bimbo or brainless. I've seen 40 year old women on the BTS playing CandyCrush and dressing like a 20 year old with a HelloKitty bag. Yet that makes them okay because they're over 28?

im over 40 and i carry a hello kitty bag. whats your point?

If you are both happy then everything is ok....don't concern yourself with what others may think.

Why do you even bother posting this. Just be happy and don't worry

Sent from my ST25i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They like to brag...

Weeeeeeeeeell, some of us see the other side of the coin that the hansum OP has not...............whistling.gif

• Like 2

Wym, this is exactly why my last thread was closed; you began discussing your "finishing school" which is particularly offensive to so many people here.

Which last thread was that, must have missed it?

And I'm not talking about any topic like that, don't know why you are.

Since you've posted, may I ask what benefit your students receive by sleeping with you? What I mean by that is if you are truly looking after their welfare and care about them, could you not just teach them whatever you teach and leave the sex part for a future partner?

I've constantly said my motives are primarily selfish like everyone else's.

The difference is I consciously do MORE to ensure my bed partners get MORE value in the transaction than just giving them some money and then sending them on their way.

But ultimately the value they get is up to the effort they're willing to put in themselves, which is why choosing girls based on intelligence and ambition is nearly as important as the other criteria.

In the end yes it all comes down to my getting my kicks, just that I've found the physical aspect itself gets somewhat boring sometimes no matter how spectacular, so I look for a bit more than that, and have found that actually helping them have a good future does that for me.

I also do volunteer work at Fr Joe's when I have time, some of the SOs have joined me in that once their English is good enough.

Edited by wym

I am 45 and my GF is 26, been with her a year and never had any problems, never argue, have a great life, never been happier and she is now pregnant, which we both planned (I have never had kids and time was getting on for me, for her it's a great age to have her first kid). She was a normal girl with a normal job and had never even met a falang or spoken to (face to face) until I met her....all she did was work and home and knock around with a few Thai friends when she had time.

She doesn't drink but she has integrated with my falang friends and comes to the bar with me when I want to go.

Before the "you are so naive" brigade step in.....I have lived in Thailand full time for 6 years, I was with my ex (36) with 2 kids (living away) and 2 divorces behind her for 5 years and yes, she was ex-bar. It cost me a fair bit, car in her name etc etc (yes, I was a bit naive for a while) BUT I learn't a lot and put it down to experience. Some good but a LOT bad! I was too blind to see it for a long time!

I made a conscious decision this time round to only date "normal' girls and am glad I did. It restored my faith in Thai girls. I took my time and dated a few "normal" girls and avoided bar girls and the bar girl environment completely!

I don't get demands for this or that, I just live a normal life with a normal girl....simple as!

There are a lot of cynics on here that think every girl is a money grabbing <deleted>....just not true. However, I DO see a lot of blokes going head first into relationships with bar girls I have known and see them heading for a fall, but they can learn the same as I did!

So, to answer your question OP, no problem at all being with a 25 year old! I just wish I had done it 3 years earlier!

I also posted here about a year ago with the same concerns, there were the usual cynics (probably sitting in their Singha singlets' having been stung by a few bar girls) with their comments....and some great comments!

My advice is <deleted> what anyone else thinks!

• Like 1

I am 97 next birthday and my wife is 17. We're not concerned about the age gap, but everyone else, including the doctor, seems to be. When I bought my wife t the UK for my grand-daughter's wedding some people were a little surprised. But I just put that down to jealousy. Actually: both of us believe that age has nothing to do with it. My wife is 32 going on 17 at times (and 55 at others) and I am 65, sometimes going on 32 but never going on 97. Age is of no concern whatsoever. But genuine caring feelings are. She is a rarity: an honest, open, easy-going Thai girl with no issues and not at all interested in brands and money. For the first time in my life I feel I have someone who cares. And that is what is important. Enjoy life. PS: There is a slogan on the back of some newer Volvos: "Volvo for Life". Some wag around here has changed that to "Volvo for Wife".

Nice to have some genuinely heart warming posts amongst all the cynicism posted here.

• Like 1

Do you honestly think a young bird is with you cos your a film star look-a-like ?

Young birds generally go with older farangs for one reason.

Of course she's not with me for my looks. I have no looks. And looks don't pay the bills anyways.

She's with me because we can communicate in Thai, I live here, I want a family, I am responsible, don't believe in beating a girl (perhaps thats how you keep yours in line?), treat her as well as I can and make her feel special. Much the same reasons anyone is in a relationship.

What is the one reason you're referring to? Money? Ah no….many girls here are offered large amounts of money for sex and turn it down. My girlfriend could earn far more in a bar than her regular office job. She enjoys visiting the bar for shooting pool and a few drinks but she loves the work she does in the office. If you think all girls dating older guys are money hungry, you're way off.

One day, ask a hot girl online to see all her emails of cash offers for sex. Its unbelievable (and pathetically sad). No girl wants to go to a movie alone, eat alone or have a family alone. Money doesn't change that. And in terms of a more physically attractive guy, maybe some girls want a guy who isn't offered phone numbers everyday and can appreciate what he has as he doesn't have so many choices as a young, better looking guy.

Your head is so far up your own ass that you actually believe the septic you're spewing.

Nothing against beta males enjoying success with the opposite in Thailand, just don't lie to yourself about the realities.

• Like 1

I just turned 60 and my lovely wife is 47.

Its a rather new relationship since we have only been together for 30 years now.

Our life is filled with love and has always been.

The great secret is always to think like this: "will she/he be happy if I do this?"

Good luck with your life :-)

Edited by Copenhagen Tourist
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

great news son. I agree wholeheartedly.

I am late forties and my girl is 25 and beautiful.

As I type she has just finished sweeping, dusting and moping my entire home. It is her day off. She has a degree and works for a big company.

Everything is swimmingly good...but there is one huge problem lurking to torpedo both your and my relationships with these nubile young maidens.

Kids.

I often pinch myself when I wake up next to my girl. She cares for me, is amazing in bed (but still slaps me if I try to kiss her in public), and is smart, beautiful and good with money. She has a lot of options. She is no doubt thinking about kids, the white picket fence, the whole nine yards. And why wouldn't she. She studied hard and worked part time to put herself through college. She didn't fall pregnant in the village or lower her own moral value by working in a bar. She deserves a good partner and kids with that bloke. Problem is...I am not that bloke.

So the reality is we are both worthless pricks. If we weren't we would sit down right now with our respective partners and to tell them that we are not Mr right. And then release them to find a decent bloke who is able (and willing) to provide them with a life tatamount to their dreams.

99% of what you say is true, the only part i disagree with is "working hard to get a degree" everyone and their dog has a degree in Thailand, it's their "no fail" policy. They get them even if they are the proverbial dumdum, or even if they don't attend. Usually the accountants have to use a calculator to take 10 from 20 !

As for the relationship side , i agree, life is what you make it, and i, like many others have done the dad thing before coming here, and we don't want to go through that again.

Enjoy your relationship as long as it lasts, you are sensible enough to know the score, I respect your honesty and hope that when the inevitable happens , you and your lady stay friends.

• Like 1

17 yr difference maybe looked at where we come from! I'm ok with 37yr gap now, and in 4 years gap has happily ranged from 51 yrs to 32 yrs! In LOS & SE Asia, Thank Gosh!! You are only as old as the girls you feel :)

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

My last gf in the UK was 18 years younger than me and no-one stared. They mostly assumed there was under 10 years difference.

My Thai gf is only 9 years younger than. She doesn't have any emotional baggage like you complain girls of her age have. Sounds like you might have been dating bar girls if that had so many farang boyfriends. It's not normal for the average Thai woman to have a string of farang boyfriends.

Anyway, you current age difference isn't anything out of the normal. And why do you care what others think?

If you guys don't see any problem with it then why always be seeking validation from others? How many times does something like this come up each month? If you don't feel weird about it, why continuously go over it...and over it...and over it...

That is not a great deal of difference in age. You both happy keep it up. You are not old at 42. I have been married over 4 yrs, I am now 72 she is 44 we love each other so much, she says to me my age is just a number. Been together over 6 yrs. I used to have a cock on me like a Jerusalem Cat now like a Jerusalem Donkey.

We go every where together, I have never been to a bar on my own since together and never will. You keep it up Mate stuff other people.

Long happy life together.

• Like 1

That is not a great deal of difference in age. You both happy keep it up. You are not old at 42. I have been married over 4 yrs, I am now 72 she is 44 we love each other so much, she says to me my age is just a number. Been together over 6 yrs. I used to have a cock on me like a Jerusalem Cat now like a Jerusalem Donkey.

We go every where together, I have never been to a bar on my own since together and never will. You keep it up Mate stuff other people.

Long happy life together.

Wrong

For a girl in their early 20s, that is almost the age of their parents...

Do not delude yourself.

You are 72 years old. Of cause being "old" is subjective between groups of people, and the age gap becomes more natural the older people get.To you this guy isn't old. But to thai girls in their 20s he is a dinosaur.

I am in my 20s so I have a better idea about this than you guys who are looking at it from the outside.

• Like 1

What threat? Posters meet up in real life all the time. I'm only trying to dispel any misunderstandings and if meeting over a beer clarifies things, then why would it be construed as a threat? I was told it was a fantasy and I offered to show pictures in person…a threat? I don't think so. It would also be stupid to accuse someone of lying when you don't even know who you are accusing of lying.

Nonsense of a response yet you make the effort to reply? The teacher had uncontrollable body sweat, to the point of soaked clothing after 10 minutes at a slightly warmer temperature. It was disgusting.

How in the hell could I listen when I was spending my life working every waking hour? You don't make money by taking time off work to communicate with your spouse. Yes, business owners have a lot to learn when it comes to family life and taking time off for their spouse. Not too many people have to decide on $10,000 or taking the day off with your spouse but the sad fact is that most posters would take the money and be no further ahead than I am now.

I am glad to hear it was not a threat and thank you for the invite.

Correct me if i am wrong, but in your last thread 2-3 weeks ago, did you not rave on how great she was(the teacher) and how great she made you feel and so on?

Surely you did not make that thread on the same evening as you met her, and made it days if not week after dating her. So when did the sweat become a problem?

Did she not sweat before?

You are now raving on about new girl, have you just met her?

Any chance 2 weeks later she would also have some kind of problem?

And what i also do not understand, is why do you feel the need to make a new thread each time you change a girl.

You stated you speak Thai, clearly fluent enough to have conversations with the new girl(as you claimed)

You live here and work here, so do you not have friends to share your happiness and feel the need to post on internet? for what purpose?

I am getting closer to 40 and will not touch anyone under 28, simply because i find females over that age are more clued about life, men and their personal feelings.

i am not getting closer to 40 and will not touch anyone under 63 because... my wife won't let me. it's a cruel world! dry.png

But you are under the thumbtongue.png

Thats topic for another threadgiggle.gif