Red-shirts protest Dr Narong in Sisaket

webfact

Your ability to recall something is admirable. Well done.

The political banners's you refer to state "no to corrupt governments". The PTP and Red shirts should be clapping and agreeing. One would think they don't want corrupt governments? If the banner said "No to a lack of transparency in government" one would think everyone would applaud that as well. Who wants a government that is not transparent? How about a banner that said "yes to a government that adhered to all the principles of democracy" Everyone wants that right? Now if one were corrupt and not transparent or only adhered to one principle of democracy to allow them to abuse the rest then I can see why they would take offense to those banners. If they said "We love yingluck"….. that is also a political statement…Would they allow that or threaten the doctor and tell him to tear it down?

So this guy is a target for highlighting that he believes governments should not be corrupt. WOW. Hospitals don't want corrupt governments either. The public health care system will receive less money if that money is funneled into corruption before it reaches the health care system.

I didn't say people are stupid if they didn't agree with me. You have taken that out of context to further your agenda and argument.

Do you think it is stupid to say "we are democratic" then say "We don't believe in your beliefs so your not welcome here"? If it is illegal then get the police involved? If the banners are undemocratic then get the courts involved?

Nope? Just a few UDD supporters doing what they do best, taking the law into their own hands and telling the doctor to go away.

Typical.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MunterHunter, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:15, said:
fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:00, said:
I seem to recall hundreds of posts recalling events of 4 years ago used as a basis for viewponts posted on this page. Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs? The point you fail to grasp is that doctors have been known not to treat patients because of their political beliefs despite your assurance this was not the case.

Now back to the other point and the present day. Why do you feel it is acceptable for a permanent Secretary of Health to involve himself in politics to the extent of ordering hospitals to put up political banners?

It has got nothing to do with democracy and basic human rights - they're not being denied. He made himself a "target" for criticism as soon as he did that. If he wants to get up on stage and denounce the government, go ahead, but as a private citizen, in his own time, and not metaphorically waving his Health credentials around.

He took part in drafting of the Public Health Community (PHC) statement supporting the PDRC's call for reform before Election. He also, asked the PHC to pass that message on to it's members. He is a Civil Servant not a politician, or is supposed to be.

So don't try and turn the story on it's head and say the UDD are against corruption or democracy, because they demonstrated against this doctor.

And why is anybody who doesn't agree with your blatant political agenda, stupid?

Should we expect the Red's to storm a hospital again?

Case in point. Thank you for your contribution to the evidence.

They said Dr Narong is the person who ordered hospital staff nationwide to dress in black to mourn “democracy in the country.”

poor old dr narong probably couldnt spell democracy with a dictionary in front of him.

Why is it that these doctors IQ drop 100 points immediately , as soon as they put on their yellow shirts ?

May I remind you that the only reference to "yellow shirt" seems to be from a few posters on TV including you - what exactly does it mean since you mention it so often

The rest of us rightly align these people to no faction other than the majority of Thai people wanting reforms and an end to political corruption

Perhaps they will only publish the doctors home address and send their lads round to intimidate him? Or perhaps throw grenades at his house and shoot at his mothers/families house?

Or the ultimate level of protest - burn down the hospital?

All of these are SOP for the red shirts... history has already shown us.

• Like 2

Yet if a red shirt is injured these doctors will deliver the same treatment as they would to a PDRC supporter. The doctors and nurses will nurse them back to health as they would anyone.

What a stupid statement this is "One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country" when this statement is also in the OP, "Carrying placards and banners with the words “ Sisaket people do not welcome you”"

Well Mr farmer let me dumb this down for you - In a democracy, every citizen including Dr Narong, has certain basic rights that the state cannot take away from them. These rights are internationally recognized and guaranteed. Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs, and to say and write what they think.

In one breath this UDD supporter have said "we have a democracy", but in that same breath say "we do not respect your democratic rights to have your own beliefs"

That's PTP / UDD logic right there.

I kinda see where the esteemed Dr Narong is coming from.

And as far as "we do not want corrupt government" banners. One would think the red shirts would welcome those banners. One would think no one wants corrupt governments. They didn't mention we don't want corrupt PTP governments. Would the red shirts be happier if the banners read "We do want corrupt governments"?

If the red shirts are offended by these banners that says more about their acceptance of corruption than anything else.

So from this OP it is shown through the Red's actions that they have no idea what democracy is and they support corruption.

We done again red shirts. No one needs to point out your stupidity. You can do a fine job of that all by yourself!

Well perhaps the good doctor and his hospital should concentrate on what they do best - health care. I really don't see politicking as one of the core compentencies required in the health care profession. Certain doctors like this one and the one who volunteered to carry out vaginal surgery on Yingluck seem to differ,

Oh and this one too

Doctor denies a red shirt’s mother treatment
Sun, 16/08/2009 - 14:17 | by prachatai

On Aug 15, about 200 local people and red shirts in Lampang gathered at Ngao District Hospital to protest against a doctor who had refused to treat an old woman whose daughter wore a ‘Truth Today’ red shirt.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1363

You lost me

Are you saying Doctors should not have Political opinions.

Just Health Care.

Are you implying that when the Doctors and the Nurses when they protested to the Government about it's health care policies were wrong and did not know what they were talking about.

Is that the Democratic way have no opinions on corrupt governments. Truly you are in good company with Thaksinites.

• Like 1

They said Dr Narong is the person who ordered hospital staff nationwide to dress in black to mourn “democracy in the country.”

poor old dr narong probably couldnt spell democracy with a dictionary in front of him.

Why is it that these doctors IQ drop 100 points immediately , as soon as they put on their yellow shirts ?

Even so, they are still clearly 100pts higher than you smile.png

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

Posted the way you posted your reply that is highly unlikely.

A Mensa member would have capitalized the unlikely.

I see where your fellow Mensa members are having a major rally at Ayutthaya sports stadium on Saturday, March 15.

Apparently the chairwoman will be Tida Thawornseth.

Well perhaps the good doctor and his hospital should concentrate on what they do best - health care. I really don't see politicking as one of the core compentencies required in the health care profession. Certain doctors like this one and the one who volunteered to carry out vaginal surgery on Yingluck seem to differ,

Oh and this one too

Doctor denies a red shirt’s mother treatment
Sun, 16/08/2009 - 14:17 | by prachatai

On Aug 15, about 200 local people and red shirts in Lampang gathered at Ngao District Hospital to protest against a doctor who had refused to treat an old woman whose daughter wore a ‘Truth Today’ red shirt.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1363

I can't help but notice you glossed over their hypercritical views on democracy and instead refer to something that happened 5 years ago. Are you serious? You just find something on google that happened 5 years ago and bring it into this topic? 5 years???

Well I could (but won't) find something on google that happened 20 years ago to back my agreement, but then this tit for tat between us would become a "It takes one to know one" argument that children use in playgrounds.

Now back to the point and to the present. Any comment on this democracy thing that the UDD can't seem to grasp?

I seem to recall hundreds of posts recalling events of 4 years ago used as a basis for viewponts posted on this page. Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs? The point you fail to grasp is that doctors have been known not to treat patients because of their political beliefs despite your assurance this was not the case.

Now back to the other point and the present day. Why do you feel it is acceptable for a permanent Secretary of Health to involve himself in politics to the extent of ordering hospitals to put up political banners?

It has got nothing to do with democracy and basic human rights - they're not being denied. He made himself a "target" for criticism as soon as he did that. If he wants to get up on stage and denounce the government, go ahead, but as a private citizen, in his own time, and not metaphorically waving his Health credentials around.

He took part in drafting of the Public Health Community (PHC) statement supporting the PDRC's call for reform before Election. He also, asked the PHC to pass that message on to it's members. He is a Civil Servant not a politician, or is supposed to be.

So don't try and turn the story on it's head and say the UDD are against corruption or democracy, because they demonstrated against this doctor.

And why is anybody who doesn't agree with your blatant political agenda, stupid?

Well fab4 You have asked a very good question I for one would like to hear your answer.

Your question was

"Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs?"

I try to stick with 2014. You might try to do the same and I am sure you would see things in a different light.

The same rights that were infringed upon during pre elections Jamie?

Yep same ones (as if you didn't know Long Haggis!)

I could say the same ones that were infringed upon during the ……….and then you could say the same ones that ……and we could do this allllllll evening. This OP however is about red shirts and hospitals although I do look forward to the OP regarding Suthep and the elections, as since you seem to be my shadow on this forum now, I am sure we could have a great little tussle over that one.

I hope you're not into man tussles like Ollie Reed and Alan Bates???

I could say the same ones that were infringed upon during the ……….and then you could say the same ones that ……and we could do this allllllll evening. This OP however is about red shirts and hospitals although I do look forward to the OP regarding Suthep and the elections, as since you seem to be my shadow on this forum now, I am sure we could have a great little tussle over that one.

.........and I hope that it isn't a direct challenge!!!

Rolling around on the floor together naked is not to be recommended!!! Who would play the part of Glenda Jackson - an MP now funnily enough.

• Like 1

As long as my Nakhon Sawan coffee isn't spilt I am up for anything! As long as it does not go against any democratic principles. I know you lot. You will try to trick me into being undemocratic and then never let me live it down wink.png …and rehash it at a higher rate than the UDD break principle #3

Edit - I googled those names and the answer is a definitive NO!

Edited by djjamie

With 100 red-shirts and “Sisaket people do not welcome you”, may I ask how many citizens SiSaKet has ?

(Persons)

in 2012

http://knoema.com/atlas/Thailand/Si-Sa-Ket-Province/Total-Population

Does that mean that almost as many people (as a percentage) as Kim had vote for him, supported the Doctor being there then!!!

• Like 1

With 100 red-shirts and “Sisaket people do not welcome you”, may I ask how many citizens SiSaKet has ?

(Persons)

in 2012

So a majority of less than 0.001% - there abouts?

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

(Persons)

in 2012

So a majority of less than 0.001% - there abouts?

If that is the majority - how many minority interests were there???

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

i am a member of Uncle Fred's Moonshine Club. I'm certain this has multifarious advantages over the Mensa society.

• Like 2

Yet if a red shirt is injured these doctors will deliver the same treatment as they would to a PDRC supporter. The doctors and nurses will nurse them back to health as they would anyone.

What a stupid statement this is "One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country" when this statement is also in the OP, "Carrying placards and banners with the words Sisaket people do not welcome you"

Well Mr farmer let me dumb this down for you - In a democracy, every citizen including Dr Narong, has certain basic rights that the state cannot take away from them. These rights are internationally recognized and guaranteed. Everyone has the right to have their own beliefs, and to say and write what they think.

In one breath this UDD supporter have said "we have a democracy", but in that same breath say "we do not respect your democratic rights to have your own beliefs"

And as far as "we do not want corrupt government" banners. One would think the red shirts would welcome those banners. One would think no one wants corrupt governments. They didn't mention we don't want corrupt PTP governments. Would the red shirts be happier if the banners read "We do want corrupt governments"?

If the red shirts are offended by these banners that says more about their acceptance of corruption than anything else.

So from this OP it is shown through the Red's actions that they have no idea what democracy is and they support corruption.

We done again red shirts. No one needs to point out your stupidity. You can do a fine job of that all by yourself!

Yes, everyone has a right to have their own beliefs and these include the thousands of people working under this Doctor who may or may not agree with his beliefs. As the health permanent secretary, how is it in any way democratic if he orders his subordinates to hang banners espousing his beliefs? If he attends PDRC rallies in his personal capacity and hangs these banners outside his house, nobody should Object.

• Like 1

MunterHunter, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:25, said:
fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:20, said:
MunterHunter, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:15, said:

Perhaps they will only publish the doctors home address and send their lads round to intimidate him? Or perhaps throw grenades at his house and shoot at his mothers/families house?

Or the ultimate level of protest - burn down the hospital?

All of these are SOP for the red shirts... history has already shown us.

Maybe they will hang draw and quarter them and finally beat them to death with the soggy bits, what does it matter, it's all supposition.

Come up with something intelligent and you might get an intelligent answer

• Like 1

northernjohn, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:59, said:northernjohn, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:59, said:northernjohn, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:59, said:
fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:00, said:fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:00, said:fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 18:00, said:
djjamie, on 11 Mar 2014 - 17:25, said:djjamie, on 11 Mar 2014 - 17:25, said:djjamie, on 11 Mar 2014 - 17:25, said:
fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 16:19, said:fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 16:19, said:fab4, on 11 Mar 2014 - 16:19, said:

I can't help but notice you glossed over their hypercritical views on democracy and instead refer to something that happened 5 years ago. Are you serious? You just find something on google that happened 5 years ago and bring it into this topic? 5 years???

Well I could (but won't) find something on google that happened 20 years ago to back my agreement, but then this tit for tat between us would become a "It takes one to know one" argument that children use in playgrounds.

Now back to the point and to the present. Any comment on this democracy thing that the UDD can't seem to grasp?

Well fab4 You have asked a very good question I for one would like to hear your answer.

Your question was

"Why should my post be less serious than you and others take theirs?"

I try to stick with 2014. You might try to do the same and I am sure you would see things in a different light.

That question was one line in my post. Did you read the rest?

"Now back to the other point and the present day. Why do you feel it is acceptable for a permanent Secretary of Health to involve himself in politics to the extent of ordering hospitals to put up political banners?

So don't try and turn the story on it's head and say the UDD are against corruption or democracy, because they demonstrated against this doctor."

I didn't get a reply that was relevant.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

What a stupid statement this is "One redshirt said he did not understand why the permanent secretary has to mourn democracy when in fact democracy still lives in the country" when this statement is also in the OP, "Carrying placards and banners with the words Sisaket people do not welcome you"

Yes, everyone has a right to have their own beliefs and these include the thousands of people working under this Doctor who may or may not agree with his beliefs. As the health permanent secretary, how is it in any way democratic if he orders his subordinates to hang banners espousing his beliefs? If he attends PDRC rallies in his personal capacity and hangs these banners outside his house, nobody should Object.

His belief is that he does not want a corrupt government. That is what the banner says. I would assume that would be everyones' belief. Is it not your belief? Do you want a corrupt government? I don't and the majority of Thai's don't? If any one's beliefs are compromised because they do want a corrupt government then feel free to put your hand up so they can be forward to the NACC for investigation.

If the hospitals put a banner up that said "we want a government that provides a 30 baht health care scheme" then great. It is not taking sides. Would the red shirts cry foul and demand the banners taken down? No. It is a political statement, but it is perceived it is not threatening because the govt is providing that. When they put the banner up regarding corruption the red shirts are offended. Why? Because the govt is corrupt and the red shirts know it.

Now, if it is illegal or against the law to put the banner up should we have 100 red shirts taking the law into their own hands AGAIN and threatening the Dr and saying "your not welcome" (when the 100 red shirts represent .0001% of the Sisaket population) or should the police be notified and a case petitioned with the courts which is what people in democracies normally do?

Edited by djjamie

Maybe they will hang draw and quarter them and finally beat them to death with the soggy bits, what does it matter, it's all supposition.

You dont tend to survive being Hung, Drawn and Quartered... so the 'finally beat them to death with the soggy bits' is kinda surplus.

Guess storming a hospital and dragging paitents onto their protest stage is about the level of intellegence you and your lot understand...

unlikely.

I am a Mensa member .

of a mass debating group

• Like 1

Probably the same reason you have the IQ as a turt… Ooh damn you are wearing a different color.

Cheers, have some ear drops mate...

You dont tend to survive being Hung, Drawn and Quartered... so the 'finally beat them to death with the soggy bits' is kinda surplus.

Guess storming a hospital and dragging paitents onto their protest stage is about the level of intellegence you and your lot understand...

That was the point - bringing attention to your hyperbole - and then you go one better with this

"Guess storming a hospital and dragging paitents onto their protest stage is about the level of intellegence you and your lot understand"

At this point you and reality have a disconnect and I give up replying to your posts.