Scholarship At The Doctorate Level In Uk To Non-bristish?

Thai-Aust

I notice that there are many Birts in this forum. I've been wondering if anyone knows of any univ offering scholarship at the Doctorate level in the UK to non-british?

I wish to do a degree in social studies concerning Thailand and UK societies. I'm not a british citizen so not sure if I'm qualified or not. Can anyone help? :o

Doctorate Scholarships in the UK are awarded by University Departments (usually in June and July) so you need to get your skates on.

The award is on Achademic merit, the inclusion of a nationality requirement as a prequalification is illegal (this being the civilized world we are talking about).

The award would be on condition of the applicant obtaining the necessary visa, visa and scholarship do not come in one package.

I recently sponsored (gave references etc) for a Thai applicant for an engineering scholarship in the UK.

I'd do a quick google search first, search on universities, courses etc Go to the University websites and look what information they have.

Contact the British Council, see what information they have.

UCAS are only for undergraduate admissions.

Contact the university directly for a prospectus.

Try the following links;

SOAS

Leeds

These are the only two centres in the UK which deal directly in South East Asian/Thai studies.

Better still may be to get doing some web searching done as your intended topic sounds more like Sociology or Anthropology to me which can be done at most UK universities.

These are the only two centres in the UK which deal directly in South East Asian/Thai studies.

Well, I will apply under Australian student. Are there still the same centres?

No, sorry, I made a mistake again. Although it deals with Thai studies, it also concerns UK society as well (big concern actually).