Remicade

desdeash

I don't know anyone who has. The drug itself is imported so its price would be a little higher than in the country where it is produced.

I think in Thailand what they have is made in the West, hence the high cost. In the West, the drug alone costs over USD $1,600 per 100 mg dose and the dose is 3 mg/kg so indeed the price you mention is possible.

It s apparently also manufactured in India and places offering less expensive infusions must be using the Indian made drug. I don't know if anyplace in Thailand imports it from India but if so would probably be a government hospital.

The doctor with the most expertise in this in Thailand is Dr. Paranee Suwannalai who is at Ramthibodhi Hospital. If you have the patience to navigate the red tape might be worth checking there. It is possible they have an "after hours" clinic, if so that would make getting to see him easier as well as allow more time when you do.

You might also like to contact the distributor for the drug in Thailand (since it is the cost of the drug itself that is the determining factor), they can tell you the wholesale price and whether they have any from India or it is all from Europe/Oz/US. And if they do get iot from India they can tell you which hospitals that is supplied to.

The distributor is DKSH:

2106 Sukhumvit Rd
Bangchak, Phrakhanong Bangkok 10260
Contact Number: Tel: 0 2220 9000, 1364 (Call Center) Fax: 0 2220 9090 Email: [email protected]