One rotten apple in the barrel (village)

giddyup

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I looked over the posts twice, couldn't see if was mentioned.

How much are we talking about?

It's around 25,000 baht (per house), but it's principle as much as money. Why should two houses get a free ride? I might add that they (and their kids) use the swimming pool more than any other resident, as they live directly opposite, and yet they don't want to contribute one satang to it's upkeep.

How long past due?

About two months, but they have made it clear to the person who collects the money that they have no intention of paying.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's around 25,000 baht (per house), but it's principle as much as money. Why should two houses get a free ride? I might add that they (and their kids) use the swimming pool more than any other resident, as they live directly opposite, and yet they don't want to contribute one satang to it's upkeep.

25k is a decent amount of money for maintenance fee. So it's a one-time payment, not monthly/annually?

I would be pretty upset myself, so much so that I would try to find out why they are refusing to pay.

25k is a decent amount of money for maintenance fee. So it's a one-time payment, not monthly/annually?

I would be pretty upset myself, so much so that I would try to find out why they are refusing to pay.

No, it's an annual payment. My maintenance is about 18,000 per year, but their land is a double block so the payment is higher. They are refusing to pay because they consider themselves above everyone else and a law unto themselves. The only reason they paid before was because when you bought a house you had to pay 3 years maintenance up front, so they had no choice.

Edited by giddyup

25,000 with forty houses?

That's a million Baht.

Fair old wad, what do you get for that?

24 hour security, streets swept every day, rubbish removal, street lighting, swimming pool maintenance etc, the usual. The price may come down as we are now managing it ourselves for the first time and we've only based the price on what the developers were charging. If we have money left over we can reduce the payments.

• Like 1

Believe you me, in the village they would be fuming and something will be done about it,, maybe you are just out of the loop and i would suggest you stay out of the loop as you are merely a falang, (and always will be) so sit back and watch the story unfold, with a grin on your face let us know what happened, because it will happen (stay out of it)

Believe you me, in the village they would be fuming and something will be done about it,, maybe you are just out of the loop and i would suggest you stay out of the loop as you are merely a falang, (and always will be) so sit back and watch the story unfold, with a grin on your face let us know what happened, because it will happen (stay out of it)

I'm not so sure.. The people (Thai) on the committee have basically said there's nothing they can do, at least nothing of which they are aware.

We don't have a pool to maintain but get everything else on your list for 3600 baht a year. Sounds expensive. But these people are still scumbags. Good luck getting paid.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

Isn't the standard T-V response from the internet tough guys to physically confront the scoffaws and demand sarisfaction. If satisfactiin is not forthcoming, you're directed to beat them to a pulp.

I would just make sure plenty of doggie poop makes its way to their stoop!

Order 50 extra large pizzas to their house... next week Chicken....

Don't forget the taxi's and the shit truck to come early

I'm not so sure.. The people (Thai) on the committee have basically said there's nothing they can do, at least nothing of which they are aware.

And of course now you have those guys not paying it will make some other people think twice next year about paying themselves.

They don't pay, why should we pay?

Think about it. When your stomach is in a knot thinking about how the bastards are getting a free ride, who's suffering? They wouldn't care even if they did know you're stewing inside.

Sounds crazy, but say a little prayer for them every day until the knot in your stomach goes away. Took me about 30 days of praying for the ex-wife and I guaranty you that was worse than your situation.

They won't notice, but your life may just get better.

Or you can just keep giving them rent free space in your head- and reach for the antacids.

indeed.

i have found bending over and being anally raped helps me with the knot in my stomach.

• Like 1

Be sure the Association understands what it can and cannot do. As mentioned they will never be able to sell their property unless back dues with penalties are paid(be sure the juristic person understands). If the Association bills monthly for the water, it can be turned off. If the Association and not the Electric company bills the customer then that can be turned off too. Likewise with any cable. Posting their name publicly has a liability here in Thailand is counter productive.

Well this is how it starts, a few bad apples don't pay. No repercussions, then I wouldn't pay either, then a few more don't pay. Next thing you know, the village isn't maintained, then you house value plummets, then houses become vacant. Seen many villages like that in Thailand, no rules, no law.

That's a million Baht.

24 hour security, streets swept every day, rubbish removal, street lighting, swimming pool maintenance etc, the usual. The price may come down as we are now managing it ourselves for the first time and we've only based the price on what the developers were charging. If we have money left over we can reduce the payments.

If you are not on the committee then not much you can do. If you are then get the committee to instruct security to ignore their house, instruct sweepers to not sweep the street outside their house, don't remove their rubbish, disconnect the street lights outside their house, no grass cutting, etc. but not much you can do about the pool. Unless you change the access system for the pool and employ someone to enforce it.

As you say they are only not paying because they think everything will happen as normal even if they don't pay. It is up to the committee to show them who is in charge of maintaining the facility for the benefit of all.

Another ploy might be to have the committee send them a letter stating that the committee realises that 25,000 baht is a lot of money and if the family does not have the funds and cannot afford to pay in one payment the committee is prepared to help them by allowing them to pay, say, quarterly.

It's a common problem unfortunately.

Obviously you can't stop them entering the village but one measure that I have seen used is to forbid the guards from opening the gates/raising the barrier so that they have to get out of their cars to do it themselves.

Probably doesn't make them pay but makes those that do pay feel just a little bit better.

perhaps everybody refuse to pay close the pool etc wait a while and maybe they will change there shit attitude ..remember how sad thais are about losing face friends come to visit no pool just a dump wont look great for a while but hey a little revenge never hurt anyone..or tell everyone they have too pay for the scum that dont see the reaction it doesnt matter how hiso these doge are they cant take on a whole village they live in ..but dont you get involved let the locals do it..pay someone to put there windows through e3xtreme maybe but just a thought sir..

Punishment???????? You could cut the powerline to their meter as well as cut the water supply to their house.....this is quick and very do-able.....wear some heavy rubber gloves for the electric

If you can locate the main drain pipe to the home....you could plug it with concrete....and sit back and wait for the plumbing visit

You can squirt super glue into any accessible lock to the home

....or isn't this what you had in mind?

Punishment???????? You could cut the powerline to their meter as well as cut the water supply to their house.....this is quick and very do-able.....wear some heavy rubber gloves for the electric

If you can locate the main drain pipe to the home....you could plug it with concrete....and sit back and wait for the plumbing visit

We should not sink to there level. And if you start a war wear will it all end.

Assuming that every house has its individual rubbish bin, it would be good to inform the company that empties them that 2 houses are exempted from that service.

Doesn't work, the local council will collect for 30bht a month.

Or they just leave it outside to stink up the place, which does you more harm than them.

25k is very high so maybe they are right and expect the money to be ripped off by the management, seen that before here.

You pay by the sq. wah, the bigger your land the more you pay. I pay 18,000 a year, but I know some condo owners that pay 60,000 baht a year. The money won't be ripped off by the committee because now all residents will have access to see how their money is spent.

A friend of mine was faced with this issue and his "foreign" administered moobhan came up with a fabulous idea.

He named and shamed all the non payers and threatened to block their driveways with topsoil. If u don't pay up to maintain the access, u lose the access

Might work in some cases in others you might get shot.

It would be illegal to tamper with either their electric or water as everyone has their individual meters.

And of course now you have those guys not paying it will make some other people think twice next year about paying themselves.

They don't pay, why should we pay?

That's exactly what's likely to happen, but these retards wouldn't see the big picture.

That's a million Baht.

If you are not on the committee then not much you can do. If you are then get the committee to instruct security to ignore their house, instruct sweepers to not sweep the street outside their house, don't remove their rubbish, disconnect the street lights outside their house, no grass cutting, etc. but not much you can do about the pool. Unless you change the access system for the pool and employ someone to enforce it.

As you say they are only not paying because they think everything will happen as normal even if they don't pay. It is up to the committee to show them who is in charge of maintaining the facility for the benefit of all.

Another ploy might be to have the committee send them a letter stating that the committee realises that 25,000 baht is a lot of money and if the family does not have the funds and cannot afford to pay in one payment the committee is prepared to help them by allowing them to pay, say, quarterly.

They have the money. Apparently they own several businesses, all drive late model expensive cars. It's not a money shortage, it's just pig headeness. All residents have the option of paying monthly, quarterly etc.

Edited by giddyup