Why so few farangs in Eastern Thailand?

baneko

Discounting Pattaya there are very few farangs in Eastern Thailand. I do live in the sticks close to the 331. Its not remote but sometimes I can go 3 wks not seeing another non Thai.

Don't get me wrong I'm not worried but I would expect to see more. Even in a large city like Chonburi or on a trip to Bang Saen few farangs. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How do you define "eastern Thailand" then?

The Thai meterological deparment define "eastern Thailand" to be these provinces (Chiang wats): Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaew, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi, and Trat. If you have problems seing other farangs in these provinces maybe as others above has suggested an appointment to a optician or eyedoctor would be a good suggestion......

And it could be interesting to hear Your definition of "Eastern Thailand"?

Discounting Pattaya there are very few farangs in Eastern Thailand. I do live in the sticks close to the 331. Its not remote but sometimes I can go 3 wks not seeing another non Thai.

Count your blessings.

The Thai meterological deparment define "eastern Thailand" to be these provinces (Chiang wats): Nakhon Nayok, Prachinburi, Sa Kaew, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi, and Trat. If you have problems seing other farangs in these provinces maybe as others above has suggested an appointment to a optician or eyedoctor would be a good suggestion......

East-of-Thailand.gif... although technically there are parts of the country further east.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I would guess because this is an Asian country. Udon Thani is east and Chon buri couldn't be any further west or it would be in the Andaman sea.

I think you need to look at a map of Thailand. Ok Udon is is N/E ish. If Chonburi was any further West it would be in the Gulf.

jb1

I would guess because this is an Asian country. Udon Thani is east and Chon buri couldn't be any further west or it would be in the Andaman sea.

Udon Thani? I would classify Udon as Issan although it is North East. Chonburi is definately on the East side of Thailand. Look at a map.

Edited by baneko

the only expats that seem to live up there are those that moved their to be with their essan wifes, or are teaching in schools, you dont see them cause they are all inside on Thai visa all day an night and their wifes do the shopping

There lots of them as its CHEAP

Edited by phuketrichard

I thought I was pretty far east on route 2047. But I guess loeng Nok Tha is classed North East.by the way there are 4 or 5 other regular farangs out here so we are less scarce than the town mascot (a bird) which they tell me is all but extinct.

the only expats that seem to live up there are those that moved their to be with their essan wifes, or are teaching in schools, you dont see them cause they are all inside on Thai visa all day an night and their wifes do the shopping

There lots of them as its CHEAP

Hmmm, I do not fit in the category of going to Isarn to move in with a wife.... Came here single. It was not hard to fit in here....very friendly and not plagued with tourism and the thuggery. It is just more genuine....a true Thai experience....very much unlike Pattaya and Phuket or Bangkok. Have to say, with all the parties I get invited to, the night market activity near Nong Prajak park and UD town, the super good mall and all the cute and friendly non-bar ladies, it is quite a comfortable life. Sunshine (too much in fact) and a friendly neighborhood makes our daily exercise program full of happiness. Biking around the park, going to the gym and swimming pool (all walking distance) leaves only the early morning hours and late afternoon hours to check up on you guys in this forum. Houses are quite expensive to buy...but cheap to rent.

Ask a simple innocent question based on your observations and be prepared for a tirade of replies jumping down your throat or telling you to go see an optician. Wow, I'm so happy you didn't ask someone to explain the "theory of relativity".............. Is civility a thing of the past.

• Like 2

Count your blessings.

East-of-Thailand.gif... although technically there are parts of the country further east.

Thai's don't know directions anyway....ask them...

I thought I was pretty far east on route 2047. But I guess loeng Nok Tha is classed North East.by the way there are 4 or 5 other regular farangs out here so we are less scarce than the town mascot (a bird) which they tell me is all but extinct.

There was one extra farang there back in January, a great hotel with swimming pool which I had all to myself each day.

But I did not see you or any other farang roaming the streets come to think of it now.

When living, Kamphaengphet, not much English, no Farang (thank you.) In N.E. Thailand, near one of our homes, Phanom Phrai, about zero Farang. Had elderly friend, from UK he passed on -RIP. In Det Udom where we are building resort and fitness center. See some @Tesco. They are quiet and not too approachable. Main friends are well healed, humble, English speaking Thais. Share quality time and interesting conversations. Other than an inability to master the Thai language, which nobody seems to mind. They enjoy laughing at my efforts. No complaints. None. We'll finish what we are doing, USA and it will be great being back to our other life.

No farangs in Chon Buri ? I am from USA only been living here about a year but there are Brits and Germans also in area where my house is. Alos have Thai sis-in-law I visit in Rayong and see plenty of Farangs at the malls down there so maybe glasses are needed.

• Like 1

Count your blessings.

I do know where I live. I live in Chonburi Province and Nawanghin sub district. I knew it was Eastern Thailand considering I posted on the Eastern local forum.

I worked for some time in Bowin and Laem Chabang and live here. I drove every day to work (about 1hr). Unfortunately now sent to sunny Angola month on month off.

I really did not ask for a geography lesson. That wasnt my post. My post may have been wrong. Appologies. Its just from my own experience.

Thanks for the positive posts. The negatives I couldnt care less. Ive got a big Leo and some fine food.

No farangs in Chon Buri ? I am from USA only been living here about a year but there are Brits and Germans also in area where my house is. Alos have Thai sis-in-law I visit in Rayong and see plenty of Farangs at the malls down there so maybe glasses are needed.

I'm a little more in Indian territory than Chonburi City.

Count your blessings.

Since most/all of the clueless posts in this thread are made by farang, your Thai bashing falls even flatter than most attempts.