Thai judges want special court marshals to protect them

webfact

I am getting confused now, since the the PTP was elected by a majority, I thought the UDD gestapo were allowed to kill anybody they feel are opposing their democratic views? If now marshals are going to protect the judges, they take away that democratic right. You see! They are unfair and biased!

Excellent, I totally agree

Seeing as how lunch boxes don't work anymore, the next step is intimidation with violence - so it seems a reasonable request to have 24/7 security round the only people who seem to have the balls to call out the PTP and their corruption.

• Like 1

hmmmmm....

Asking for 'court marshals' an unfortunate choice of words.

Yes, confusing when there is a limited understanding of English, (not your's I hasten to add), but of course that to which you are referring is termed

"COURTS MARSHALL", as opposed to "COURT MARSHALLS".

• Like 1

hmmmmm....

Yes, confusing when there is a limited understanding of English, (not your's I hasten to add), but of course that to which you are referring is termed

Noooo.... I believe what PepperMe was referring to as an unfortunate choice of words would actually relate to "court-martials".

I am getting confused now, since the the PTP was elected by a majority, I thought the UDD gestapo were allowed to kill anybody they feel are opposing their democratic views? If now marshals are going to protect the judges, they take away that democratic right. You see! They are unfair and biased!

You are indeed confused. PTP were not elected by a majority.

Foreign press ignored they got the largest minority and keep on referring to the landslide victory. So don't worry, you're not the only one confused!!

Seeing as how lunch boxes don't work anymore, the next step is intimidation with violence - so it seems a reasonable request to have 24/7 security round the only people who seem to have the balls to call out the PTP and their corruption.

Absolutely agree. Thailand is starting to look like Colombia.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

hmmmmm....

Noooo.... I believe what PepperMe was referring to as an unfortunate choice of words would actually relate to "court-martials".

Noooo ... he means people skilled in the marshal arts - as in herding people into the courts.

Judges should be stuck with police "protection" like everyone else. Then maybe they can do something to make that organization more effective and professional. Frankly, another indepdendent organization is the last thing Thailand needs. But maybe the judges can hire Suthep's armed guards, even the military doesn't bother them.

A long time coming, this request should be urgently adhered to in order to safeguard the rule of law.

"safeguard the rule of law"

What a novel idea I wonder why the PTP couldn't think of some thing like that.

It does not bode well for the government with all the charges being brought up against them and the judges have to ask for protection. We know it is not Suthep who is going to attack them.

It should tell the PTP some thing when the Judges say they want to appoint the guards. Absulutly no trust in Yingluck and her band of merry ear medicine swigging band.

I don't blame them one bit.

• Like 2

A long time coming, this request should be urgently adhered to in order to safeguard the rule of law.

So when will Suthep be jailed? Or is it just a public service he is enacting? Don't worry about answering.

Don't let it bother you no problem at all answering a very good question.thumbsup.gif

It is a public service letting him expose the crooks.wai.gif

Your welcome.wai2.gif

Every court in the USA has marshalls to protect the courts. I sure Europe has them also. I was surprised to hear Thailand has no dedicated protection for their judges and staff.

Very much needed.

• Like 1

They need them because Thai politics is a joke. They are running the country now. I said it in 2006, judicial politics will dominate Thailand for 20 plus years to keep the elite in money.

It is the same system used in the States and Canada.

When they appoint a judge to the Supreme Court it is a life time position so the one doing the appointing is in affect still having there version of the way things should go followed long after they are gone.

Don't worry about it. You will be kept safe unless you are in the way of a red shirt then the courts mean nothing.sad.png

Judges should be stuck with police "protection" like everyone else. Then maybe they can do something to make that organization more effective and professional. Frankly, another indepdendent organization is the last thing Thailand needs. But maybe the judges can hire Suthep's armed guards, even the military doesn't bother them.

Do you think judges are as stupid as the UDD?

Police are useless, some can hardly hold or fire a gun, not to mention easily bribed or bought.

If judges are seriously worried about their safety, perhaps best choice would be to bring pro bodyguards from overseas or rent Swiss guard at least until everything settles and law and order is restored

I think this ncountry have more judges than generals. What is the problem ????? Start from scratch, the whole country !!! Everything here is f--ked up. You do not need 3000 generals in the armed forces. You do not njeed 3000+ generals in the police forces. 3 to 8 in each would be OK.

If judges are seriously worried about their safety, perhaps best choice would be to bring pro bodyguards from overseas or rent Swiss guard at least until everything settles and law and order is restored.

Even better, bring in judges and politicians from overseas!

The army should be taking care of this by providing CPU, any other country it would be the police but unfortunately that is not possible in Thailand, they should be making the call to the armed forces as could they really trust anyone appointed by the government