A Few Questions About A Pc Case Features

agsnowdon

Hey all

Im in process of building my first PC and have seen a great case I want to order but want to check what these features mean. It states the following feature among other which I Understand.

USB2.0/Audio

Does this mean I can connect the mainboard to the front of the case to have USB ports and headphone sockts?

Motherboard:ATX/Micro ATX

Will this be fit my mainboard - ASUS K8N5X Socket 939

Drive bays:4/2/5

What does this feature mean? - I would like to put 2 hard drives and 1 cd writer, but would love to know exactly what Drive bays:4/2/5 means.

Thanks for your help guys

Ash :o

Yes, it means that it has FPA (front panel audio) and USB connectors. The really good ones also have IEEE1394 (firewire) connectors. Your mainboard needs to have the right connectors (most modern ones do). However, the connections can be a pain to install.

Yes. The vast majority are either ATX or micro ATX. BTX is the next standard, but cases and mainboards that use BTX are extremely rare.

Depends on what they mean. Might be 4 5.25", 2 3.5" exposed, 5 3.5" internal, which is a typical configuration. Yes, you can fit those in, with room to spare.

Yes, it means that it has FPA (front panel audio) and USB connectors. The really good ones also have IEEE1394 (firewire) connectors. Your mainboard needs to have the right connectors (most modern ones do). However, the connections can be a pain to install.

Yes. The vast majority are either ATX or micro ATX. BTX is the next standard, but cases and mainboards that use BTX are extremely rare.

Depends on what they mean. Might be 4 5.25", 2 3.5" exposed, 5 3.5" internal, which is a typical configuration. Yes, you can fit those in, with room to spare.

Thanks for your help heres the link to the case which I should have put before.

Case Link

I'm young so am looking for something that looks a bit cool and still has good cooling functions. Also I have lttle funds left to spend on a case.

Any comments about this case would be aoppriciated.

Ash :o

20 quid... now that's cheap. I can't tell much from the picture, but it does say it has two fans in the front and one in the back. It says it has an airduct for better cooling, but you should remove it. All the airducts I've seen on cheap cases were poorly designed, and hurt more than helped.

If you're buying performance components (dual core, good vga), the PSU that comes with the case won't be enough. To call this case a "gaming/modding" case is pushing it a bit.

20 quid... now that's cheap. I can't tell much from the picture, but it does say it has two fans in the front and one in the back. It says it has an airduct for better cooling, but you should remove it. All the airducts I've seen on cheap cases were poorly designed, and hurt more than helped.

If you're buying performance components (dual core, good vga), the PSU that comes with the case won't be enough. To call this case a "gaming/modding" case is pushing it a bit.

Do you think this case would be OK for the below setup which I will be taking back to UK?

Motherboard - ASUS A8N5X Socket 939

CPU - Athlon 64 3000

Graphics Card - PCI Express 256MB + DVI Port EN6200TC128

RAM - 512 x 2 Kingston DDR 400

Hard Drive - 80GB = 160GB SATA II

Combo Drive - CDRW/DVD-ROM

Bearing in mind I have little budget left and I like the look of this case. also I will be doing no futher moding to it as im not into that and I think it looks good enough etc.

Gaming wise I shall be doing lttle to none maybe abit of counter strike or prem manager. I have my consoel for gaming. although may want to connect PS3 up to my PC once its available.

Do you think it will be suitable.

Thanks for your help so far !!!! :o

Those specs aren't very taxing, so yes, the case and included power supply should be adequate. You could probably play counter-strike, but not counter-strike:source.

Whats the difference between the 2?

also could I play wolfenstein?

What could I do in the future to improve it for gaming?

Thanks for your help :o

Counter-strike is the original, based on Half-life. Counter-strike:source is based on Half-life 2, which uses the Source engine.

You could probably play wolfenstein, but not at high resolution or high detail.

The weak point is probably the graphics card, which is nearly at the bottom of the line. I suggest getting something like a nvidia 6600/7600 or ATI 1600, which are middle of the line, not that expensive, and much more suited for 3D gaming.