Chinese Tour Guide killed in road crash outside of Pattaya Floating Market

Rimmer

Chinese Tour Guide killed in road crash outside of Pattaya Floating Market

crash-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--A 25 Year Old Chinese Tour Guide was killed in a road accident which occurred at the front of the Pattaya Floating Market on Thursday afternoon.

Police and rescue services were called to the Sukhumvit Road, in front of the popular tourist attraction, and identified the victim as Miss Liu Miao Ya who works for the Lucky Guide Express Company.

Nearby was the driver of an Isuzu Pick-up, Khun Patarapong aged 20 and his colleague. He is suspected of falling asleep at the wheel of his vehicle momentarily as he was driving back to the Pink Store in Soi Huay Yai, where he works as a messenger.

He claimed to have earlier taken medication, which he purchased from a Pharmacy, to subdue muscle pain he was suffering. Despite him feeling drowsy he decided to finish his journey to the Pink Store and fell asleep as he drove past the Pattaya Floating Market.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/121553/chinese-tour-guide-killed-in-road-crash-outside-of-pattaya-floating-market/#sthash.eeYaJgpV.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-14

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh dear...and didn't the city PR flacks just assure the Chinese ambassador how safe Pattaya was for tourists!

Think the word "safe" should be downgraded to "safe-ish".

His car hit two coaches and another car and then hit Miss Ya, who was standing in the road in preparation for her group to board their coach. - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/121553/chinese-tour-guide-killed-in-road-crash-outside-of-pattaya-floating-market/#sthash.eeYaJgpV.Ped77jpu.dpuf

In any other country in the world the operator of a major tourist attraction would be required to have adequate parking and a designated safe place for embarkation and disembarkation

Of course no one will say a word about why these tour buses are allowed to park two and three abreast on this stretch of road since money is number one in Thailand and safety be damned

• Like 1

Driver is not the only one to blame, pharmacy that sold the drugs no doubt also forgot to warn that muscle relaxers do make you drowsy and sleepy and driving is forbidden

If the meds were from a pharmacy and not an excuse because he was taking illegal narcotics, then the packet that they came in should have had a warning.

This is not the fault of the Pharmacy/Pharmacist.

Besides which, the driver acknowledged that he was aware that he was feeling drowsy but decided to take a chance, the driver is fully at fault here.

Driver is not the only one to blame, pharmacy that sold the drugs no doubt also forgot to warn that muscle relaxers do make you drowsy and sleepy and driving is forbidden

If the meds were from a pharmacy and not an excuse because he was taking illegal narcotics, then the packet that they came in should have had a warning.

Besides which, the driver acknowledged that he was aware that he was feeling drowsy but decided to take a chance, the driver is fully at fault here.

Muscle relaxers are NOT narcotics and not illegal.

Pharmacy more than often does not sell in the box, but individual tablets and it is pharmacist responsibility to caution the customer.

Practice worldwide

Pharmacy more than often does not sell in the box, but individual tablets and it is pharmacist responsibility to caution the customer.

Practice worldwide

Please re-read my post.

I said "If the meds were from a pharmacy and not an excuse because he was taking illegal narcotics".

I did not say that muscle relaxers were narcotics, I was suggesting that the driver may have taken something else and told the police that he was taking muscle relaxants as an excuse for his drowsy state.

Also, if the real reason that he was drowsy was because of muscle relaxants, how do you know that the Pharmacy did not warn him, are you privy to information that no-one else is aware of?

Practice worldwide

Please re-read my post.

I said "If the meds were from a pharmacy and not an excuse because he was taking illegal narcotics".

I did not say that muscle relaxers were narcotics, I was suggesting that the driver may have taken something else and told the police that he was taking muscle relaxants as an excuse for his drowsy state.

Also, if the real reason that he was drowsy was because of muscle relaxants, how do you know that the Pharmacy did not warn him, are you privy to information that no-one else is aware of?

Funny you ask, in over 12 years, i am yet to have a Pharmacist give me any caution in Thailand when i buy medicine.

Driver may well have lied, but a simple blood test would reveal it, No?

I am not a mind reader like you, so can only base my opinions on what has been said. What if, may be or might be is totally irrelevant here, unless proven otherwise.

Practice worldwide

Please re-read my post.

Funny you ask, in over 12 years, i am yet to have a Pharmacist give me any caution in Thailand when i buy medicine.

I am not a mind reader like you, so can only base my opinions on what has been said. What if, may be or might be is totally irrelevant here, unless proven otherwise.

Then don't go to back street pharmacies, in 16 years here I have never seen a pharmacy selling loose tablets and the boxes that they come in have a clear warning in Thai (the driver was Thai).

If you have never received a caution from a pharmacist about the meds that they are giving you then either you have not been to many pharmacies in Thailand or you do not understand enough Thai to comprehend the caution.

You are correct that a simple blood test would reveal the use of narcotics but nowhere in the story does it state that a test was carried out.

You stated "pharmacy that sold the drugs no doubt also forgot to warn that muscle relaxers do make you drowsy and sleepy and driving is forbidden", so by saying no doubt you are absolutely sure.

Who is trying to be the mind reader here?

You really should listen to your own advice and base your opinions on what has been said.

Instead you blame the pharmacist (with no doubt) but in reality this is a case of what if, may be or might it is totally irrelevant here, unless proven otherwise

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Practice worldwide

Please re-read my post.

Then don't go to back street pharmacies, in 16 years here I have never seen a pharmacy selling loose tablets and the boxes that they come in have a clear warning in Thai (the driver was Thai).

If you have never received a caution from a pharmacist about the meds that they are giving you then either you have not been to many pharmacies in Thailand or you do not understand enough Thai to comprehend the caution.

You are correct that a simple blood test would reveal the use of narcotics but nowhere in the story does it state that a test was carried out.

You stated "pharmacy that sold the drugs no doubt also forgot to warn that muscle relaxers do make you drowsy and sleepy and driving is forbidden", so by saying no doubt you are absolutely sure.

Who is trying to be the mind reader here?

You really should listen to your own advice and base your opinions on what has been said.

Instead you blame the pharmacist (with no doubt) but in reality this is a case of what if, may be or might it is totally irrelevant here, unless proven otherwise

Face the facts, you made a stupid post that you were unable to back up and now you are trying to save face.

It's not working so give it up.

You can have the nonsense drivel debate with yourself , as i could not be bothered even to read past the first line, which is yet another nonsense.

His car hit two coaches and another car and then hit Miss Ya, who was standing in the road in preparation for her group to board their coach. - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/121553/chinese-tour-guide-killed-in-road-crash-outside-of-pattaya-floating-market/#sthash.eeYaJgpV.Ped77jpu.dpuf

In any other country in the world the operator of a major tourist attraction would be required to have adequate parking and a designated safe place for embarkation and disembarkation

Of course no one will say a word about why these tour buses are allowed to park two and three abreast on this stretch of road since money is number one in Thailand and safety be damned

You're quite right in what you say about coach parking here, but from the last photo in this piece it appears that the coaches were parked at the kerb and the pickup somehow ended up in the gap between the coaches and cars parked behind the kerb. The unfortunate girl who died would have felt perfectly safe there.