but almost twice the torque

Would also weigh 14kg less

have built in navi

588 water cooled twin but have a inter-cooled turbo

Handsome bike too

Would be very impressive if it is actually built

Future holds some interesting promise if this is the direction

• Like 1

Nice !!! Not my style of bike but I like the tech innovation.

Good to see turbo powered bikes making a comeback. ECU and FI will make real improvements in driveability over those of a bygone era.

150kg - 100 hp !!! What's not to like !!

The only thing not to like is the position of the rear view mirrors.

Everything else looks good.

If it's a runner, and not made with a lot of wood and plastic parts where there should be aluminium, it would be good to see it in action.

The only thing not to like is the position of the rear view mirrors.

Everything else looks good.

If it's a runner, and not made with a lot of wood and plastic parts where there should be aluminium, it would be good to see it in action.

Yes I doubt they would sell with those high grade components but cool if they did

One touch I really like is the brushed alloy look on the tank.

Ducatis start doing that again too on their Panigale R model I think?

It is a really nice finish/look

When I was young I had Maico's, Elsinores & Husqvarna's all had that brushed alloy going on their tanks.

Maybe that is why I always perk up when I see it being used again these days

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

I'd seriously consider going on the Mama noddle diet for every meal so I could buy this bike.

Also I'd do whatever it takes to make the wife sign the HP paperwork, including telling her I loved her and not the bike every now and then.

Certainly one of the more succesful retro-futuristic mash ups.

In fact I would say that it makes the Ducati Diavel look like a dogs breakfast.

Add the fact that it has a turbo... I think I'll be queing at the Suzuki door when if thet release that!

Bearing mind almost everything the comes out of Japan is pig ugly (look at their cars), I expected to be throwing up at this concept model, but not so. The beauty of this machine is in the engineering and finish, so I like it a lot.

Not a big fan of the styling, just looks out of proportion somehow. Front fairing and tail don't look right somehow, to each their own I guess. Not sure if the complexity of a turbo is worth it since the modern litre bikes are already making ridiculous power. On the other hand always happy to see innovation. First Suzuki single sided swingarm I think I have ever seen, maybe they have used one on other concepts.

I once rode an old Kawasaki 750 GPZ Turbo, (about 25 years ago). The one I rode was not well maintained and had incredibly bad turbo lag and then when the turbo came in it was like you were on a rocket. Very difficult to modulate the power. Probably due to old tech but possibly because of the fact it sat in a garage all winter with no proper storage. Put me off turbos for bikes but a modern turbo would likely have fixed all that.

Seems counter to the trend with manufacturers going to lower spec, low cost "world bikes" but it is nice to see some interesting bikes in development.

I once rode an old Kawasaki 750 GPZ Turbo, (about 25 years ago). The one I rode was not well maintained and had incredibly bad turbo lag and then when the turbo came in it was like you were on a rocket. Very difficult to modulate the power. Probably due to old tech but possibly because of the fact it sat in a garage all winter with no proper storage.

I owned one of those. That's just how they were!

The trick was to anticipate when you'd need the turbo to kick in, you kind of got used to it over time.

The first time I rode mine I went to overtake a car, made the usual moves, positioned myself to go past and.... slowly edged along side the car, thinking "damn I'm not going to get past in time", then as I got level with the driver's door the turbo kicked in and sent me hurtling towards the back of the car in front!

What you never got used to was the terrible chassis that effectively prevented any enjoyment under cornering. And braking?, no forget that, the brakes on the 750 Turbo were a mere afterthought....

Not sure if the complexity of a turbo is worth it since the modern litre bikes are already making ridiculous power

Gives you the best of both worlds. Light chassis for the twistys, litre bike power for the straights.

At little more cost than a middleweight.

Not sure if the complexity of a turbo is worth it since the modern litre bikes are already making ridiculous power

Gives you the best of both worlds. Light chassis for the twistys, litre bike power for the straights.

At little more cost than a middleweight.

Supersport litre bikes weigh little more than a 600 or 750 supersport anyhow. I ain't trying to shit on the turbos as I like the idea in general I am just not sure I see the application. Obviously putting a turbo on a ZX14 would make an insane drag bike (with extended swing arm and all that), just not sure if I would buy one on a street bike.

R1 dry weight approx 175kg, R6 dry weight approx 165kg. Not saying 10kg is nothing but ........

• 9 months later...

Looks like Suzuki may go ahead with this...

Interesting if this is the bike they are the first to use the lowered mud deflector type rear

fender that I am aware of.

More pics at the link

Turbocharged Suzuki Recursion Going into Production?

News from Japan seems to suggest that Suzuki is making a production version of its

Recursion concept. For those that don’t remember, the Suzuki Recursion Concept

was based around a turbocharged 588cc two-cylinder engine. The idea was to achieve liter-bike

power from a middleweight-sized machine, thus offering enthusiasts high-power but nimble machines to ride.

post-82547-0-69064700-1420266982_thumb.j post-82547-0-95703900-1420266860_thumb.j post-82547-0-52159700-1420266907_thumb.j

Edited by mania

I would be more interested in seeing dynos and knowing a few things.

Is it going to have variable vane technology? This will help reduce turbo lag and make the torque curve flatter ultimately making the bike 'easier' to ride and more enjoyable.

I also have to wonder what's with turbos? A properly designed supercharger can be just as effective and being sealed and away from the exhaust heat have a longer life.