wholesale solid flooring

kevvy

Hello everyone

I want to know if anyone who knows where I can buy solid parquet flooring or solid flooring .I will need about 300 sq metres of it . I am building a new house in the near future and like to get the materials before I start the project. If I can find the factory where they make it would be great .I hope the some of the members can help and I really would appreciate it.

kevvy

On Hang Dong Road heading south toward Ban Tawai there's BIG outlet on RHS [western side]. Carry on south past Jiffy and do a U-turn at the Royal Flora turn-off/Samoeng intersection. Prices are ex factory and very good, some English spoken.

• Like 1

On Hang Dong Road heading south toward Ban Tawai there's BIG outlet on RHS [western side]. Carry on south past Jiffy and do a U-turn at the Royal Flora turn-off/Samoeng intersection. Prices are ex factory and very good, some English spoken.

Thankyou so much for the reply

kevvy

The traditional area for wood processing was the east side of the river opposite Warrorot market. Some people have even suggested that Warrorot market formed to serve the workers. Apparently that area is where the logs were unloaded from the river when they were floated down from the north.

Anyway......... there is a large mill and processed wood suppliers still there from the old days, just along Charoen muang road. Heading towards the railway station from Nawarat bridge it is about 100 metres after the first set of lights, on the left. It is opposite shewe wanna resort. It has a narrow frontage on the Charoen Muang rd , but when you go out back it is a huge warehouse and a massive chunk of land with stacks of wood. As far as I know they do flooring and probably have what you're looking for.

• Like 1

For anyone interested in the teak business in Chiang Mai here are some interesting facts from a local expat that was in the business. A regular at the Chiengmai Gymkhana club,he passed away in 2002 aged 86. A great character with plenty of interesting stories.

http://www.chiangmai-thai.com/history_teak.htm

Full article here....

http://www.siamese-heritage.org/jsspdf/1971/JSS_068_2k_Wood_OfTeakAndElephantsATeakWallahReminisces.pdf

Louis leonowens gets a mention. He was the son of Anna Leomowens, of Anna and the King of Siam fame, and a founding member of Chiengmai Gymkhana club. I think Dick and Louis are both buried at the Foreigners cemetery.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

The traditional area for wood processing was the east side of the river opposite Warrorot market. Some people have even suggested that Warrorot market formed to serve the workers. Apparently that area is where the logs were unloaded from the river when they were floated down from the north.

Anyway......... there is a large mill and processed wood suppliers still there from the old days, just along Charoen muang road. Heading towards the railway station from Nawarat bridge it is about 100 metres after the first set of lights, on the left. It is opposite shewe wanna resort. It has a narrow frontage on the Charoen Muang rd , but when you go out back it is a huge warehouse and a massive chunk of land with stacks of wood. As far as I know they do flooring and probably have what you're looking for.

Hi

So grateful for you reply .It has helped so much just like the others...thanks

kevvy