posthole auggers

rice555

hi i live near KLASIN so not Korat local How ever i was a while back looking for same but no luck

the nearest i came to was a local well driller did offer this service for fencing using a smaller attachment for this purpose

have to say i didn't use this guy because of his inability to even show up to give me a price maybe in your area you might find a more reliable scource

Hi Rice,

I don't know if you mean has anybody had experience with those particular manufacturers and i have none but from your photos i would certainly go for the one with the bigger handle bars as an auger will certainly kick like a mule if it strikes rock . The other one looks like a toy. I would also buy the two diameter bits . The smaller one will bore easier then use the larger one , just like drilling metal. Sorry if this stuff you already know and consequently unhelpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I browed one to fit on the back of my tractor, a lot easer than the hand held ones ,ask around,some will have one for a tractor, or rent tractor + auger + driver, should not cost a lot + a bottle of sam-sip-ha- der-gree.

I used a hand held one once ,not for long ,then went to look for a spade ,to do the job. they do kick .. a lot.

KS