Drilling a Water Well in Korat Province

joshstiles

I am interested in the cost for drilling a well in Korat Province. I would also like someone to recommend the best drilling method for drilling the well....i.e. ... what I refer to is should the "well driller" only drill down until the "hit" water....or.....should they drill 5 or 10 meters deeper so that the well doesn't run dry too soon (as has been my experience here in thailand). Some "well drillers" will only drill until the hit water, but this seems kindadumb since you will only be able to tap into the "top" of this reservoir....at least that is my hydrological engineering logic. Any one care to comment?

My in laws are having a well drilled tomorrow. Cost for 100 metres is 9900 baht but if no water forthcoming there is a payment of only 2000 baht. Last year they drilled 60 metres and not much water but this this

My in-laws are having a well drilled in Korat province tomorrow. Last year they xrilled 60 metres but not too much water. This year intending to go to 100 metres. Cost is 9900 baht but if no water then only 2000 baht.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My well in 108 meters, the last 8 meters is the water table, my sub pump is hung off at 105 meters.

Cost 120k

Wow...this is much deeper than I had expected!! In Yasothon I drilled 30 meters to hit water. Did this cost you 12,000 baht? or 120,000 baht??

My in laws are having a well drilled tomorrow. Cost for 100 metres is 9900 baht but if no water forthcoming there is a payment of only 2000 baht. Last year they drilled 60 metres and not much water but this this

My in-laws are having a well drilled in Korat province tomorrow. Last year they xrilled 60 metres but not too much water. This year intending to go to 100 metres. Cost is 9900 baht but if no water then only 2000 baht.

How big of a pump do you use for a depth of 100 meters? If you could let me know whether you hit water, I would be interested in hearing the outcome as well as the type of pump you need to pump from this depth. Please contact me.

Thanks

My well in 108 meters, the last 8 meters is the water table, my sub pump is hung off at 105 meters.

Cost 120k

Wow...this is much deeper than I had expected!! In Yasothon I drilled 30 meters to hit water. Did this cost you 12,000 baht? or 120,000 baht??

I live up a hill ( Thais call mountain ). I have a 1.5 HP Franklin sub pump that will put out 70 litres per

Minute.

Price was 120,000 Thai baht.

I just choked on my coffee

A 2HP sub pump with Franklin motor that can do a 118M head and 125L/min is < 15,000 Baht inc VAT.. Are you saying they charged you > 100,000 Baht for the bore hole?!?!?

Edited by IMHO

I just choked on my coffee

A 2HP sub pump with Franklin motor that can do a 118M head and 125L/min is < 15,000 Baht inc VAT.. Are you saying they charged you > 100,000 Baht for the bore hole?!?!?

Yeah....I know....I have no idea where this price could have come from except for a major scam on behalf of some uninformed home owner. Perhaps the pipe in the ground was gold plated??

Re joshstyles query we drilled and hit water at 50 metres surprisingly. We are using a size 4 pump to pump the water. Hope this 1nfo helps.

Part depends on location. We had a place on Hwy 305 between Pak Thongchai and Korat Town. No one around had managed a well. Solid rock, they claimed. You definitely need to talk to the local drillers. They will know.