Garden Sprinkler System

kiwitezza

I am building a new house in Saraphi this year. At the moment I am based in Phuket, because of work, and I plan to spend 10 days per month in lovely Chiangmai.

Because of that I will need a garden sprinkler system with a timer so my new garden and grass get plenty of water. The land area of the garden and grass is just under 500 square metres.

Where will I be able to buy a fairly reliable system in Chiangmai?

At Home Pro on Hang Dong Rd, there is a section which sells irrigation gear. I bought all the materials needed to set up drip irrigation for the countless pot plants that came with the house.

You're probably looking for pop-up sprinklers that allows you to mow the lawn without beheading the sprinklers, and not sure if Home Pro have these.

At least it's a start for your search.

have a look at this link, as Rainbird were the makers of the kit I bought. They have lawn watering systems.

http://www.shriro.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=128%3Ashriro-medical-ltd&catid=78%3Atechnical&Itemid=115〈=en

• Like 1

At Home Pro on Hang Dong Rd, there is a section which sells irrigation gear. I bought all the materials needed to set up drip irrigation for the countless pot plants that came with the house.

You're probably looking for pop-up sprinklers that allows you to mow the lawn without beheading the sprinklers, and not sure if Home Pro have these.

At least it's a start for your search.

have a look at this link, as Rainbird were the makers of the kit I bought. They have lawn watering systems.

http://www.shriro.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=128%3Ashriro-medical-ltd&catid=78%3Atechnical&Itemid=115〈=en

i will check them out, thank you.

Kamtien Markwt will charge an arm and a leg. In my case, they also screwed up the installation and 4 of the 16 rotor sprinklers leaked enough to cause flood an area 8 feet from sprinkler. They didn't offer to fix it. I ended up having Hunter sprinklers sent from U.S. And had my thai daughter translate the instructions for installation. A local plumber did the installation correctly for 1,000 baht.

• Like 1

Tezza, get a local gardener/landscaper to install ... and maintain! In BWT we have 2 guys who can do it but local Saraphi lawn man best bet for you. Kampthieng market turf supplies can als do but prolly rip off price for a simple job.

Sometimes easier to install after turf and gardens established: lay it out on top and install all parts, get someone to dig trench and bury it!

Can confirm Global sell a basic timer for about 1,200 baht, or at least they do here in Isaan. I know because annoyingly my local electrician in Sisaket said there were no timers available retail in Sisaket or Ubon provinces. I ordered a couple online in Thailand for the fish pond pump and driveway lights at the (now known rip-off) price of 2,200 baht only to find the cheaper timers available at the newly opened Ubon Global one week later.

Global have a good range of pop-ups and generally their irrigation selection is streets ahead of the other big 3 watsadu chains. Try out the pop-ups first though - there seem to be a couple of different styles even though they both come under the Saku (?) brand: I bought a couple as spares for my system and found that one of the styles is ok and one is cr@p (sort of just wees out the edges, even after fiddling with the adjustment screws). Not expensive at about 75 to 90 baht a piece depending on length.

• Like 2

Tezza, get a local gardener/landscaper to install ... and maintain! In BWT we have 2 guys who can do it but local Saraphi lawn man best bet for you. Kampthieng market turf supplies can als do but prolly rip off price for a simple job.

Sometimes easier to install after turf and gardens established: lay it out on top and install all parts, get someone to dig trench and bury it!

Hey Rob, I will catch up with you in a couple months.. Your demolition guy came around to see me and gave me a good price. Thanks very much for that contact.

i recommend Toro Brand pop-up sprinklers. made in USA but available in Thailand. they last forever.

distributor:

CONSUMER IRRIGATION - THAILAND
JEBSEN & JESSEN TECHNOLOGY (T) LTD
23/110-117, Sorachai Bldg, 25th-29th Floor
Soi Sukhumvit 63 (Ekamai)
Sukhumvit Road, Klongton Nua
Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Thailand

Main Phone: +1 66 2 787 8400 Main Fax: +1 66 2 787 8401 Web Site: http://www.technology.jjsea.com

I recetly installed a sprinkler system, looked around for someone to instal, but the guy who I met and talked too was not really interested

In the end I bought Rainbird Control Unit, Rainbird pop ups and solenoids for the UK

I thought generally the quality here in Chiang Mai was not that good

I also purchased a Grundfos Pump and the main runs of the system are 1 pvc piping with 1 x 1/2 in for the pop ups

You need to figure out how many zone,s you will have, water pressure and volume, in general you need min 3 bar

I recetly installed a sprinkler system, looked around for someone to instal, but the guy who I met and talked too was not really interested

In the end I bought Rainbird Control Unit, Rainbird pop ups and solenoids for the UK

I thought generally the quality here in Chiang Mai was not that good

I also purchased a Grundfos Pump and the main runs of the system are 1 pvc piping with 1 x 1/2 in for the pop ups

You need to figure out how many zone,s you will have, water pressure and volume, in general you need min 3 bar

there used to be free software you could download to plan the system, factoring in water pressure (big problem in Thailand) and at the end it would print out a list of all the parts. you need to use primer on the fittings (something they never do in Thailand).