Hello to you too an unknown rider.

Shurup

I nod to other sportbike riders if they're properly geared-up, and I'll return the rare wave I receive.

I guess that means I shouldn't wave to sport bike rider's then.

You can wave to little kids on bicycles if you want.

It was rare for cruiser riders to acknowledge me (and vis versa) when I rode in the States- it doesn't happen in Thailand ever, and I tend to take little if any notice of them as I don't know (or care about) the particulars of the bikes they ride- it's not a matter of disrespect, but rather one of noticing people who share an interest similar to mine beyond the simple act of riding a motorcycle- sorry if your feelings are hurt.

I do not think is all that rare.

You cannot hurt my feelings but I did take exception to the " sportbike riders if they are properly geared up" portion of your comment. I do not ride a sportbike and I will never wear all the gear that "properly geared up sportbike riders" wear. Or does properly geared up mean not wearing t shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Properly geared-up means wearing a certified helmet that offers actual protection, an armored jacket, proper footwear, gloves, and armored pants (or at least some leg armor with jeans). Regardless of what you ride, the pavement is just as hard if you happen to land on it- I tend to have less respect for riders who are on big bikes and don't wear proper gear- from 13 years of riding in LOS, this is most sportbike riders, and nearly all cruiser riders.

If you make the effort to gear-up properly (which I consider to be part-and- parcel of being a good rider) and you share my affinity for sportbikes, I'll acknowledge you on the road if we encounter each other. I would help any fellow rider who needed assistance, but, in passing, I'll judge you on your appearance and act accordingly.

I don't identify with squids- that isn't an implication that you are one, but if I see you riding around with no helmet and a sleeveless vest, I'll consider you one- I love riding and it's one of my main sources of fun, but it's fun I take seriously.

Edited by RubberSideDown

I do not think is all that rare.

You cannot hurt my feelings but I did take exception to the " sportbike riders if they are properly geared up" portion of your comment. I do not ride a sportbike and I will never wear all the gear that "properly geared up sportbike riders" wear. Or does properly geared up mean not wearing t shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Properly geared-up means wearing a certified helmet that offers actual protection, an armored jacket, proper footwear, gloves, and armored pants (or at least some leg armor with jeans). Regardless of what you ride, the pavement is just as hard if you happen to land on it- I tend to have less respect for riders who are on big bikes and don't wear proper gear- from 13 years of riding in LOS, this is most sportbike riders, and nearly all cruiser riders.

If you make the effort to gear-up properly (which I consider to be part-and- parcel of being a good rider) and you share my affinity for sportbikes, I'll acknowledge you on the road if we encounter each other. I would help any fellow rider who needed assistance, but, in passing, I'll judge you on your appearance and act accordingly.

I don't identify with squids- that isn't an implication that you are one, but if I see you riding around with no helmet and a sleeveless vest, I'll consider you one- I love riding and it's one of my main sources of fun, but it's fun I take seriously.

Like I said, I guess I shouldn't wave at sportbike riders.

But I do. And I treat them with respect. So I guess, I only won't wave at you.

It is simpel, the closer you get to a bigger city, the more of a unpolite <deleted> falangs gets and do NOT recognize at all other

falangs. Some kind of a sport to be unpolite. I am not surpriced at all...

Glegolo

I also acknowledge those cagers who move over to let me pass; an open left hand raised up but just as often (especially now that the 500X is getting the majority of seat time) a flash of the hazard lights to let them know it was appreciated.

If waved at I'll gladly wave back, but out in the sticks the only people I'd be initiating waves to are 250 and lower bikes; still make an effort if I see one.

Yeah it's weird. I tend to just waggle the right-hand side fingers slightly to sports bike riders. Those cruiser / chopper guys don't deserve a wave :-)

Funny, when I was in UK I had a Civic Type R. Other Type-R drivers would flash and even drive side-by-side (or race) on the motorway. That was pretty nice. Friend's with Mini Coopers rarely got such a wave/flash/beep from other Minis, probably because they were just too common.

My advice is just wave to hot girls :-)