Necromancer arrested for alleged sexual assaults in Pathum Thani

webfact

I fail to see what this has to do with Necromancy. Maybe the headline writer needs to buy a dictionary...

Seems to be a reasonable translations/ term. Quite dated tough.

necromancy

2. magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would classify it as rape.

If in my country a priest would convince women to have sex with him by telling these women it's the right thing to do within her religion and they would somehow get a religious benefit from it, that would be rape.

If the woman would fall in love with the priest or feels physically attracted to him and they agree to have sex together, that would not be rape.

It is possible that Thai people might think different about it and usually I accept the opinion of Thai people given they live within a different culture and have different background. But in this case I can't agree - if this is acceptable in Thai culture, there's something really wrong with this part of the culture.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

I feel ya there, yunla.

But, c'mon.

Aren't you falling into the old "white man's burden" thingie just a little. With your " until there is concrete evidence that a person's spirit can perform these magical events, it can not be classed as a trade or given certification. The Government should treat this "magician" the same as any other unqualified and unlicensed tradesman, who takes money but provides a shoddy and dangerous service." ???

Who ya gonna call . . . . . The Better Business Bureau ? Ghostbusters ?

The closest thing Thailand has for this is Khun Paveena and as this sleazeball ooga-booga Terdsak took the opportunity to use the news coverage of the bust to LECTURE HER she actually seemed a little uncomfortable in that role.

This might fly in an environment that is sealed hermetically in women's studies claptrap.

Not here.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Well my post is in the context of the OP with a woman being essentially duped into sexual acts with this man. He is not a doctor or an accountant etc. and so he can not claim to cure people or help people with their finances. If he makes that claim he should prove it, and if successful his practice should be certified as legit. It is mainly a protective measure, to stop people being conned. Some people fall for the Prince Bububu emails and send thousands of dollars to help the Prince, on the promise he will make them incredibly wealthy when he regains his throne. Society has to protect people from scams, that is especially true of some gullible senior citizens and children. For example a person like this necromancer, I would want children and OAPs protected from people like this, but there is no way to do that if there is no regulation of unlicensed quackademics and charlatans.

It is also different in f.ex the Amazon shamanic tribes, most of their medicine and ritual is for the tribe itself, and abuse of status would receive tribal retribution. But if it is not a close and harmonious tribe, and just some random guy in a shed somewhere who claims he can cure you with potions or by sexual acts, that is just a cheap and nasty scam for which there is often no retribution.

N-n-n-n-kaaaay . . . . . yunla. Are you here in Thailand on some kind of, um, scholarship or sompthin'

N-n-n-n-kaaaay . . . . . yunla. Are you here in Thailand on some kind of, um, scholarship or sompthin'

No, I'm a "health tourist" my doctor ordered me to move to somewhere with all-year sun, because of my progressive MS. Infact it is because I am terminally ill with a disease that has no cure, that I find these quack healers and spiritual scam artists deeply distasteful. Serious illnesses require strong medicines, surgery etc. And even then there is often no hope of survival. And so I take comments by seedy men in sheds who say "I can cure the sick" as a personal insult. If serious illnesses could be cured by the witch doctor wearing a fancy medallion, waving a dead chicken at the patient and lighting some candles, don't you think all the millions of sick people in the world would be queueing up outside his shack and planning their new illness-free futures. But they won't get cured, just get sexually exploited and get poorer.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

No, I'm a "health tourist" my doctor ordered me to move to somewhere with all-year sun, because of my progressive MS. Infact it is because I am terminally ill with a disease that has no cure, that I find these quack healers and spiritual scam artists deeply distasteful. Serious illnesses require strong medicines, surgery etc. And even then there is often no hope of survival. And so I take comments by seedy men in sheds who say "I can cure the sick" as a personal insult. If serious illnesses could be cured by the witch doctor wearing a fancy medallion, waving a dead chicken at the patient and lighting some candles, don't you think all the millions of sick people in the world would be queueing up outside his shack and planning their new illness-free futures. But they won't get cured, just get sexually exploited and get poorer.

coffee1.gif

I am sorry to learn of your illness, yunla.

I was recently offered the mechanical knee cure for my my incredibly screwed up knees. (old sports and activity injuries)

As you may know, there are several excellent brand name knees on the market and although they seem to have been globally priced they labour and shop time required for installation is cheaper here.

I nearly went for replacement.

I decided to drastically reduce my GLUTEN intake as a last resort to joint replacement.

I have been pain free for seven months solely as a result of GLUTEN elimination.

The Western medical establishment frowns on such testimony.

Any medical malpractice campaign I might initiate at this point would fall on deaf ears.

I have also had a brush with cancer.

Four hospitals and six doctors later my issues are settled.

My point here is that it is one thing to point out the "medical scammers" here. It is quite another to expect anyone to take action based on a remedial system and anti-scam advocacy we supposedly have in place back in the old country.

There is no cure for "Thai wisdom" just as there is no cure for medical hubris or the propensity to be scammed in either jurisdiction.

I wish you good fortune and positive outcomes in whatever may be your treatment of choice.

Above all I wish you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you took the right course of treatment.

Rgrds

Donnie.

• Like 1

I am sorry to learn of your illness, yunla.

I was recently offered the mechanical knee cure for my my incredibly screwed up knees. (old sports and activity injuries)

As you may know, there are several excellent brand name knees on the market and although they seem to have been globally priced they labour and shop time required for installation is cheaper here.

I nearly went for replacement.

I decided to drastically reduce my GLUTEN intake as a last resort to joint replacement.

I have been pain free for seven months solely as a result of GLUTEN elimination.

The Western medical establishment frowns on such testimony.

Any medical malpractice campaign I might initiate at this point would fall on deaf ears.

I have also had a brush with cancer.

Four hospitals and six doctors later my issues are settled.

My point here is that it is one thing to point out the "medical scammers" here. It is quite another to expect anyone to take action based on a remedial system and anti-scam advocacy we supposedly have in place back in the old country.

There is no cure for "Thai wisdom" just as there is no cure for medical hubris or the propensity to be scammed in either jurisdiction.

I wish you good fortune and positive outcomes in whatever may be your treatment of choice.

Above all I wish you the peace of mind that comes from knowing you took the right course of treatment.

Rgrds

Donnie.

I know what you're saying. I had double hip replacement surgery in Bangkok about 16 years ago, while I was still in my twenties (leading to the joke by my friends that I'm now "half Thai" because my legs are made in Bangkok). It was full peg-and-socket replacement work, not pins etc. This was caused by an extreme convulsive seizure, a component of my MS. My thighbones snapped off during the seizure and many nerves and arteries in my upper legs were cut open. I also broke ribs and shoulders at the same time. Due to the damage to my legs internally, the doctors said they might have to amputate, but would try emergency hip replacement, which was around fifteen hours surgery. Fortunately for me, and thanks to the skill of Thailand's legendary orthopedic surgeons, I did not lose my legs and can now walk (on good days).

And yes it was a fraction of the cost I would have faced in the West. Also I spent five months in hospital recovery ward that time, and I can say that the care provided by Thai doctors and nurses is the very best in the world, at least based on my own experiences.

Re; gluten and other diet/lifestyle choices that can remedy illnesses, yes this is completely true. A person can fix a lot of their own ailments by avoiding certain foods and lifestyles. Many people report huge health gains by eliminating refined sugar, for example. But again you would want to hear about this from a certified dietician or other doctor, not from a voodoo priest etc. For example I made the lifestyle change of moving to a sunny country, because UVB radiation from the sun is reported to repair myelin sheaths in the brain. But I made this decision based on science and doctor's advice, and not on what some guy with a medallion and a dead goat told me!

Edited by Yunla