Police in BKK

fredob43

This is a heads up for anyone going through BKK by Car the police are very active regarding speed, anyone found via their Radar 'that seems every ware' going over 110kmph on the express routes are being stopped at toll booth's, Licence taken to be picked up anytime in the next week from local police station once you have paid the fine and get this it's now 1,000bt no back handers will be taken.

N/B some will take the cash give you your licence back + a ticket all seems very legal.

• Like 1

This is a heads up for anyone going through BKK by Car the police are very active regarding speed, anyone found via their Radar 'that seems every ware' going over 110kmph on the express routes are being stopped at toll booth's, Licence taken to be picked up anytime in the next week from local police station once you have paid the fine and get this it's now 1,000bt no back handers will be taken.

N/B some will take the cash give you your licence back + a ticket all seems very legal.

I regularly drive over 160, sometimes even go over 200 but the radar holding police seems to always avoid me and never i have been stopped once. Now i do see other cars being stopped along the way especially the red plate pick ups.

• Like 1

I regularly drive over 160, sometimes even go over 200 but the radar holding police seems to always avoid me and never i have been stopped once. Now i do see other cars being stopped along the way especially the red plate pick ups.

They are not using hand held guns they have them mounted. It doesn't seem to matter how much you speed it's still 1,000bt they are rife on the bang Na to chon Buri/Pattaya elevated one + several others. Also on the 9 round BKK they have reduced the speed in several place's on that down to 80kmph.

This not a I heard it through the grape vine it's a I got stung and so did a few of my mate's over the last two week's They were stopping all Car's that went over the speed, Not only red plate's or out of town one's.

You have been advised.

Also on the 9 round BKK they have reduced the speed in several place's on that down to 80kmph.

The speed limit in BKK IS 80 kph. It has not been reduced or raised. The key is exactly where BKK ends and the limit on the expressway or motorway goes up to 120.

• Like 1

What is it you drive ''Concorde''.. , a bit dangerous to drive at that speed ???

• Like 1

There are many cars that can hit 160 or 200 nowadays. Even a Camry 2.4.

Driving over 160 when busy is usually not done. People that sometimes drive at those speeds know they need space and lots of it.

However, this thread is about the BIB doing speed checks on BKK expressways and motorways. Not about the right or wrong about driving 160+.

Just to show off, 240 is(was) perfectly doable on the Uttarapimuk. Very regular speeds checks there. I don't dare drive that fast anymore.

Things get scary fast above 160.

• Like 1