VERY slow Internet. Any known reasons?

ABCer

Oh, yes. Talk to TOT.

Their reply - turn your router off for a few hours every 24 hour period. Should do it!

Yes unfortunately that seems to be their answer.

I got so sick of the speed issues and their service (HAHA) that I cancelled after the 1 year contract. I hated the way that any problem that required an 'engineer' came with a week's wait. Yet every time I would leave the house, I could always see a TOT van/pickup parked up under a tree somewhere or outside a restaurant.

Now I've had 3BB for a couple of years and as of yet no problems. smile.png

I also cancelled my TOT contract & now use 3BB not had any problems.

Hi

I have same issue you have Sheryl, cant use google.com or search last 3 days Iam on 3BB, Called them and they looking in to it

so something sure wrong here.Speed is all good just not Google.com not work for some reason

Let you guys know if any updates

Edited by INV

Typical Thai: build a condo complex, sell 2000 connections and.. make only ONE connection to the Internet.

At Lumpini Ville, Soi 77 Sukhumvit ( close to On Nut sky train station) I had... 2 k speed at night. But sold as a 2 M connection.... yes, when I would be the only one...

Like.. a 4 lane express way, but ... only one toll gate open.

They will never learn.

Connection really bad in Isaan as well for the last month. Its pretty much the last straw after a year of wildly inconsistent speeds and now this, where its really just going down the toilet to the unusable level and we've called them a number of times to no avail and were fibbed to one occasion. At least they used to fix the problem, now its just about bsing you and hoping you go away.

Hopefully getting a connection with CAT or BB will be possible way out here in the sticks.

When I go to my profile and click on "My content", nothing shows up.

It's waiting for "stats.g.doubleclick.net".

It's been like this for several hours.

Windows? If so Google HOSTS FILE - can't say any more than that due to the new forum rule changes - but I'll PM you if you wish.

biggrin.png I know what you're getting at and the next time the problem occurs I'll give it a go. But today, everything's fine, so I guess there was a "glitch" somewhere that's been fixed - a bit like my Hotmail server that went walkabout for three days and is now working perfectly.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710584-cannot-ping-pop3livecom-cannot-collect-hotmail/

I blame the NSA. They're up to something. ph34r.png

• Like 1

Been having terrible performance with my TOT account for several days. Reported to 1100 three times. Each time they claimed not to have any other reports of a problem in my area (Phuket).

It's mainly because of the lying, I called True this afternoon.

insufficient server bandwidth.

no company will admit to that as its solely their responsibility. they will point to everything else except their own servers.

websites timeout for security reasons & theres nothing that can be done as there just isnt adequate data transfer to keep it connected.

you may get maximum signal quality but thats not going to give you maximum speed if their server is stretched to its maximum capacity.

suggest you find a isp that has the most bandwidth on offer in your area with the best signal quality.

Been having terrible performance with my TOT account for several days. Reported to 1100 three times. Each time they claimed not to have any other reports of a problem in my area (Phuket).

It's mainly because of the lying, I called True this afternoon.

Thanks to all.

Obviously I'm not paranoid and many people have similar problems. That's a relief.

TOT are notorious for lying. Every time I call about 'No Internet' I get the same standard answer:

- 'Broken cable. We are working on it.'

Then I point out that I'm calling from my desk phone AND that the office downstairs has Internet AND my neighbors in the building have it....

AND how one gets one strand in a cable break so often...

Anyway, I'm still alive and kicking... think the guys hate my guts... but it's OK, the feeling is mutual...

Cheerscoffee1.gif

T.I.T.

TOT has no interest in customer service. There English speaking staff (LOL) is very limited.

I am in Udon and the slow down started 2 years ago and has gotten steadily worse.

I spoke with 3BB, but, in this area, they require a 1 year hookup, paid in advance - no month by month.

Windows? If so Google HOSTS FILE - can't say any more than that due to the new forum rule changes - but I'll PM you if you wish.

biggrin.png I know what you're getting at and the next time the problem occurs I'll give it a go. But today, everything's fine, so I guess there was a "glitch" somewhere that's been fixed - a bit like my Hotmail server that went walkabout for three days and is now working perfectly.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710584-cannot-ping-pop3livecom-cannot-collect-hotmail/

Ssshhhh, don't mention it in the open.

After Crimea they joined up with FSB,CIA and MI6 and now I have a cam inside my toilet bowl...

I only know this because my phone bill is up 3%. facepalm.gif

Just lost a post due to ToT not being able to connect to the page between hitting submit and TV servers - and that's text FCOL!!!

Today is the worst I have seen ToT in 4 years or more that I have used them - last 2 addresses - BBB and TTT before that. NetSpeed App is showing average of 0KBs! (watching it, it flips between 0 and 4KBs regardless of activity - back to the 1980s!). Router shows good signal properties (no fibre because out of town, but close to the exchange so great signal). 10Mbit ADSL line. Streaming is an absolute no chance! Even text pages are timing out and need to be refreshed (several times) to get them to load - some even then can't render. Tried 5 browsers: IE10 / latest FF / Safari (tablet) / BB Browser (tablet) / and Chrome (yuk!) - same in all. Rebooted (hard and soft) router several times - no difference. Same on several machines - desktop / laptops / tablets / mobiles - same same.

I wonder if ToT are up top their old tricks of stealing bandwidth allocation from outside of Bangkok to cover BKK load - many complaints about that a few years back when some techie at ToT admitted they do it. Maybe they are trying to get their own back after their router cables were chopped last year (but that was by the PDRC, not Reds - so up here in Red CM we should be flying!). Happened a lot in 2010 during the Red riots - to support foreign media I heard.

Only reason I have not changed so far is I'm waiting for True fibre to go in (as per local advert boards) - then its bye bye ToT(telephone too - rarely use it, just to support ADSL).

Edited by wolf5370

Ssshhhh, don't mention it in the open.

After Crimea they joined up with FSB,CIA and MI6 and now I have a cam inside my toilet bowl...

I only know this because my phone bill is up 3%. facepalm.gif

Thank God you didn't post a picture. xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

On True cable in Phuket & have similar problems. Some sites open OK but others do not or so slow get connection timed out. Been on & off like this for a while & often wonder if it is because there is much more strict monitoring due to the protests.

I had this problem and noticed that the Wi-Fi part of the router had about 3 other people from outside using it. I made the router wi-fi only password accessible and that stopped the problem, the TOT helpline 1100 told me how to set the password

Same problem as here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710923-tot-international-connectivity-problems/

The problem is reported to TOT, but it might give them more information if you report it as well. Call 1100 and have your ADLS subscription number ready. They might wish you to make a speedtest.

Temporary fix, as suggested on that thread, turn off the Google DNS if you are using it.

Good luck calling them. They really don't care. I have been calling them about twice a week for about two months now. finally a technician called me and said that he changed the line outside my house . Lie! I was looking at the cable from the window of my fifth floor apt, which is about a block from the main TOT office on Pattaya krang. I can literally see the cable going from my building to the TOT office, with the same vines growing up it that have been on there the whole time. So I said "no you did not, why are you lying to me?" So then he said I will send a technician out. He came out and said he checked the wire and there is nothing wrong with it. To which i replied, "then why did you tell me you changed it". He said he didn't know that was a different guy on the phone (another lie) After that he said it was my wireless router. So i plugged it into the LAN, Nope try another one there swifty. Then it started working and he said see no problem, giving me a look like I was being a pain in the ass. I said yeah it's working now for maybe 20 minutes then it will stop again like its been doing. He just said if it's slow again to call him back. Sure enoght about 30 minutes later it was back down to 0.30 megs.

I'm done, Haven't paid the bell since and am not going to either..

Had also problems with internet since last friday. Google, youtube, facebook off but most other pages fine. Today they came to my house and checked it.

They reconnected the cable from the street going into the house. This time properly insulate. Now all pages up again and working fine......unbelievable.

They said in more than 50% of their cases this is the problem here in Phuket.

I'm with TOT adsl too. I always had mediocre speed during peak hours for download or streaming but internet browsing was always fast enough.

Last week I had a sudden problem with internet browsing. Pretty much all sites were close to impossible to connect to (even google, facebook or other big sites). I changed my DNS to the google one and it seemed to solve the problem that night.

But now I have random browsing speed on various website. On thaivisa for example sometimes a page takes a few minutes to load and a few moments later less than a second. It's quite annoying.

Should I revert to TOT's DNS? What's the address you are using? Thx

I'm with TOT adsl too. I always had mediocre speed during peak hours for download or streaming but internet browsing was always fast enough.

Last week I had a sudden problem with internet browsing. Pretty much all sites were close to impossible to connect to (even google, facebook or other big sites). I changed my DNS to the google one and it seemed to solve the problem that night.

But now I have random browsing speed on various website. On thaivisa for example sometimes a page takes a few minutes to load and a few moments later less than a second. It's quite annoying.

Should I revert to TOT's DNS? What's the address you are using? Thx

Dito here.

TOT seems to have some serious (overload/overbook) technical problems...bah.gif