green valley condo

evenstevens

good afternoon gents.

just y/day had the pleasure of a round of golf at the royal green valley golf club mae rim

whilst playing noticed a huge condo(partly completed)my playing partners did not have any reliable info apart from its been there for 20 odd yrs

at the club nouse. they do have a office near the tee up area ,i did not venture there as i wished to be armed with information before i make a appearance (hopefully from the members of thaivisa)hence my first post on the forum

therefore may i ask, do any t/v member have any info on this condo etc etc

many thks in advance..evenstevens

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current access to the condo is through Green Valley using the roads that the Green Valley homeowners use to get to their houses. The homeowners are not happy about this and there may be legal action. Going home to your new condo do you really want to drive through a neighborhood whose residents think you are illegally using their road and do not want you in their moobaan? Or do you want to take a chance that the access to your condo may change from a drive through a quality residential area to a typical narrow rural road?

"whilst playing noticed a huge condo(partly completed)my playing partners did not have any reliable info apart from its been there for 20 odd yrs"

Why would you be interested in a building that has been in the process of building for 20 years and still is not done?

I know none of my business but awful curious. If there have been people living in it you might want to ask them about the building noise and the up keep. I guess the upkeep would be visible.

The current access to the condo is through Green Valley using the roads that the Green Valley homeowners use to get to their houses. The homeowners are not happy about this and there may be legal action. Going home to your new condo do you really want to drive through a neighborhood whose residents think you are illegally using their road and do not want you in their moobaan? Or do you want to take a chance that the access to your condo may change from a drive through a quality residential area to a typical narrow rural road?

thks dante,your points have been noted,naturally i am doing a research,and of course access is vital to any property,it appears from your post that you are very familar with g/v condo.any more heads up would be greatly appreciatedsmile.png

It was a dirty building skeleton for about 15 years. Remember the 1997 crash?

Do not buy as the building is rotten.

15 years in rain, wind and sun without windows, doors is disastrous for thai buildings as the materials used are substandard.

thks for your views,greatly appreciatedsmile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png concrete cancer is on top of my list,with luck a very good mate of mine has a leg up on a buyer at g/v,will update any further info ...

thks dante,your points have been noted,naturally i am doing a research,and of course access is vital to any property,it appears from your post that you are very familar with g/v condo.any more heads up would be greatly appreciatedsmile.png

If what you have been told here is not enough, I can not imagine what you need.

I do not know shit about the condo, my comments were only about the access to it.

Edited by Dante99

If what you have been told here is not enough, I can not imagine what you need.

I do not know shit about the condo, my comments were only about the access to it.

sure appears that i have upset you,please except my sincere appologies

with the access bit that u have posted,just learnt a few mins ago,that the developer has aquired rights in green valley estate to have acccess to the condo,by buying a company in the green valley estate set up,my source is a very reliable,so i guess access is not a issue here,but will double check in any case...

I would not be so sure of the access via the Green Valley road and as noted the Homeowners Association are dead set against it. As I understand the situation Condo Owners will not be allowed to use the GV road. The sticking point is that the mooban fence is inviolate and cannot be breached by the Condo no matter who or what they buy in GV. Lawsuits will tie up this access issue until your condo investment is useless

The small bit of land between the condo and the GV road was bought from the local farmers, and resold to the condo with the understanding that this would allow access to the GV road. Now that access is not forthcoming this is the subject of a pending?? 30 million B lawsuit against the Seller

I would give some serious thought to buying a condo knowing that access will not be allowed via the GV road. If you want to access via a rural road that is another question

Second issue is that it sat exposed to the elements for over 15 years

Note that the number of parking spaces are far less than the number of condos, and you will be parking on that dinky rural road

I too have been inside the building when it sat for all those years and would not live there never mind buying one.

Edited by Hog Head

I have been in that building when it was abandoned.

Lots of evidence of rusting rebar and crumbling cracked concrete.

Many countries would never have let it stand for safety reasons.

IMO only an insane person would buy a unit there knowing the history.

thks for your up front comments ,appreciate them immensely,in the next few days hopefully will have answers to your post

I would not be so sure of the access via the Green Valley road and as noted the Homeowners Association are dead set against it. As I understand the situation Condo Owners will not be allowed to use the GV road. The sticking point is that the mooban fence is inviolate and cannot be breached by the Condo no matter who or what they buy in GV. Lawsuits will tie up this access issue until your condo investment is useless

The small bit of land between the condo and the GV road was bought from the local farmers, and resold to the condo with the understanding that this would allow access to the GV road. Now that access is not forthcoming this is the subject of a pending?? 30 million B lawsuit against the Seller

I would give some serious thought to buying a condo knowing that access will not be allowed via the GV road. If you want to access via a rural road that is another question

Note that the number of parking spaces are far less than the number of condos, and you will be parking on that dinky rural road

I too have been inside the building when it sat for all those years and would not live there never mind buying one.

Thanks for those details Mr Hog Head.

again

,i appreciate t/v members comments and input,and a big thank you to hog heads straight to the point post

hog head earlier to day i had a lengthy conservation with a reliable source over the access to g/v,he said a breach has been in placed in g/v estate perimeter wall for 2.1/2 yrs,which gives direct access to the condo( and has always had their own security guard 24hrs a day,looking after it,) once inside ,the condo owns a narrow strip of land which leads u to the doorstep of the condo,so if the developer has this in place, how can they lose access and also my source said they paid a kings ransom for it,some lady in the estate got the loot.. when this smog lifts to a acceptable level will pay a visit ...any thoughts on the above (good or bad)is gladly welcome

The condo cannot lose access that it never had in the first place.

The breach in the estate fence is the problem as an estate fence is inviolate and the breach is illegal no matter how, by whom, or when it was breached. A security guard can watch it until hell freezes over but it is still an illegal breach of the fence and this is the legal point that prevents access.

The narrow strip of land you mention was sold by the Sister of the original GV developer so that the condo could have access (via the beached fence). Since there is now a big problem over access via the GV fence, the subject lady is embroiled in legal problems of her own regarding this land sale.

In any case the building integrity is questionable due to sitting open for far too long

thks for your up front comments ,appreciate them immensely,in the next few days hopefully will have answers to your post

I don't think his post requires an answer, he's telling you not to touch it with a bargepole and he's right.

Edited by Chicog

I don't think his post requires an answer

thanks for your advice, i will decide what i post or answer, not you

The narrow strip of land you mention was sold by the Sister of the original GV developer so that the condo could have access (via the beached fence). Since there is now a big problem over access via the GV fence, the subject lady is embroiled in legal problems of her own regarding this land sale.

afternoon hog head..my reliable source has just told me that the narrow strip of land approx 1 rai...was sold and transfered to green valley condominium april 2012.by a khun, not a lady,then in turn they mortaged it with the thai farmers bank.has titled deeds to show me

asked again about the breach of g/v estate perimeter wall ,he replied g/v condo have the rights to do so,he added they would not be allowed to have a sliding gate in place where the breach is,if this was not the case..will follow up on both issues in due course

Edited by evenstevens

afternoon hog head..my reliable source has just told me that the narrow strip of land approx 1 rai...was sold and transfered to green valley condominium april 2012.by a khun, not a lady,then in turn they mortaged it with the thai farmers bank.has titled deeds to show me

asked again about the breach of g/v estate perimeter wall ,he replied g/v condo have the rights to do so,he added they would not be allowed to have a sliding gate in place where the breach is,if this was not the case..will follow up on both issues in due course

"by a khun, not a lady" makes no sense

Puwa is correct. Even title deeds can be meaningless as there have been many cases where they have been issued contrary to the law. The existence of a sliding gate is no confirmation that any law has been correctly followed. Who "allowed" the sliding gate to be put in? You think there was a building permit for it and that some government building department and inspector approved it and you think that would make it legal? Your "reliable source" suggesting the gate confirmed legality should have set off bull shit detector alarms.

Ignore Hog Head's advice and information at your peril, he knows a lot about this situation.

Anyway have fun reading the title deeds, I am confident that you are capable of understanding their legality but don't think that just because a bank loaned against them, they are worth anything.

"

Even title deeds can be meaningless as there have been many cases where they have been issued contrary to the law.

Ignore Hog Head's advice and information at your peril, he knows a lot about this situation.

hi dante

please tell me where i have ignored hogs head advice and info??to the contrary all my posts have been without repute and very polite

copys of title deeds can be easilychecked at the local lands dept for legality,

have a nice day

Hi,

Beautiful views over the Alpine golf course at half the price of Green Valley.

chiangmaigolfmansion.com

yes i

beleive alpine golf course is indeed a top notch lay out and the views are outstanding,seen it in its building infancy around 2004

as for the condo not interested, as it is out on a limb and we are very happy mae rimites

but appreciate the heads up...and thaigolfer hope you are hitting them straight

The sliding gate to the condo is the problem as it breaches the mooban fence and this is not allowed. It was done without permission, permits or any legal right to do so. The fact that it exists does not mean that it is legal nor that it will not be removed and the fence returned to its original condition. Neither the condo nor GV has the right to breach the fence and that is the crux of the problem.

Khun applies to both sexes and it is a Khun that is embroiled in the legal problems of selling that small strip of land between the condo and the mooban fence. A title to that small strip of land no doubt exists but that does not guarantee access to GV. You may wish to think why this Khun is now having a problem in selling that small strip of land and the promise of access to GV

There are a lot of VERY important people living in GV and the condo using the road for access is not a popular move.

If you want to buy there in spite of the construction issues go ahead, but do so with your eyes very wide open over the access issue and how this will all play out. I would not invest money in any project with a legal problem or even a hint of anything not completely transparent

caveat emptor applies in land deals in Thailand more so than in my home country

Edited by Hog Head

I often bike the road behind Green Valley and continue up along the river four or five bridges. I will be sorry to see what happens in that area.

The gate/right-of-way reminds me of so many other Thai land deals involving large tracts and multiple owners/generations. Eventually the gate could be shut permanently or you could be forced to pay 50 baht each time you go through.

I would love to know the history of that condo. Obviously it went bankrupt, but who brought it out of bankruptcy, and how? I would think buying there would be extremely risky.

There are a lot of VERY important people living in GV and the condo using the road for access is not a popular move.

most are hi so so,and i have been told that 70% of land owners are behind on their rates payment to g/v estate

the title deed has just been emailed to me, my sheila confirmed to me what i stated in my previous post ,a gent sold to g/v condo who in turn mortaged it to thai farmers bank,so that lady in question is clearly not in the land strip qwnership at all, as for the breached wall scenario i will do a exhaustive hunt and kill mission

i wish to remind all members that evenstevens will not depart his hard earnt to any one,with out good reason and all above board, sure their will be some risks ,but they will be taken into consideration before

,pressing the button,may i take this opportuinity to thank all contributors so far,and keep your contribitions rolling in,its been of immense help to me,..