will oker wireless headphones-9000 work in north america?

bkksiam

I bought a wireless headset OKER WH 9000.

I thought of buying a few sets for friends in north america but wondered if perhaps they might not work there.

Here are the specs:

Modulation system: VHF/RF

transmission frequency: 86+- 0.5 MHz

receive band 84-88 mhz 84-108 mhz

headphone frequency response: 30-20,000hz

Why wouldn't they work there?

If you're thinking about legality, the operating frequency is at the beginning of the US FM Radio Band. Lots of devices transmit in this range.

US FM-Radio Band allocation 87.8–108 MHz

thanks.

I just don't know anything about frequencies and I was not sure if for example the frequencies on which the headphones operated would not be compatible with systems in north america (analogy= buying dvds in thailand for use in north america without knowing the difference between pal and ntsc.)

Just verified by looking up U.S. Radio Frequency Allocations:

Designation:

Wireless Microphones 54-72, 76-88, 169.445, 169.505, 170.245, 170.305, 171.045, 171.105, 171.845, 171.905, 174-216 470-608, 614-806

sorry-I should have been more specific- canada not the usa. I wasn't planning on using the microphone- just the headphones. I'm not sure I understand this information re wireless microphone designations (?? :>)

The headphones you referenced in your OP (OKER WH 9000) is a two-piece unit: the external box has connectors for TRANSMITTING Stereo input to the Headset on 86.0 MHz. Normally these types of devices have to pass CE inspection before they can be allowed into and legally used in Canada. If only the Headset (receiver) was used then there probably won't be a problem.

I've had several pairs of OKER headphones (standard wired, purchased at Pantip Plaza)) and while they were very inexpensive, they fell apart rather quickly. The ear pads constantly fell off and the extremely thin faux-leather material quickly peeled off. Don't expect to get more than a years normal use out of them.

On the plus side, their sound quality was surprisingly good considering the price and the microphone pick-up on 2 way headphones delivered very clear speech when used for VOIP calls.

Edited by dddave