modem recommendation?

luther

It’s been about 6 or 7 years since I bought a wireless modem. I’m wondering if anyone can recommend one. I have an 8-year old Belkin, but the plug/transformer is disintegrating. When I moved up here about 4 years ago, BBB gave me one free, but it overheated constantly and shut down so I went back to the Belkin.

i now own 4 router/modems; a Hatari, a D-Link and 2 X Cisco - (different models). the Hatari (from Maxnet 8-9 years) ago is junk. I think the best wired connection is with the Cisco's hands down. but we get the best wireless connections in the house and in the garden with the D-Link - probably due to the dual, robust antennas.

in part, a recommendation would be dependent on what you use your computer(s) for and how far they are from the modem itself.

New modems recently came out that provide a lot more bandwidth - if you need it. Obviously, newest and greatest are the best and most expensive.

Modems with more/better antennas have been available for awhile and again, you pretty much get what you pay for.

cisco has long been an industry standard and also one of the more expensive... we use a d-link at home, have 5 machines (3 computers and 2 tablets) hooked up

and are pretty happy with it. Only reboot it once a month or so to refresh the connection/IP and it keeps chugging along for 2 yrs now.