Any experience with AXA health insurance in Thailand ?

zenplay

Good advice by many, Esp JLCrab.

That is exactly what I did roughly a year ago. Asked the hospital that had treated me in their ER multiple times for stupid accidents of my own doing, just who the heck were the top two company's that they would recommend for "inpatient" coverage if I was to buy a policy. They took me to a Thai Gal in charge of insurance and she printed out for me two pieces of paper. One was for AA Insurance Brokers, The second was for BUPA.

Having stated the above, I have not filed a claim nor would be qualified to state what is best. That is just what Bangkok Hospital, a more expensive chain of hospitals that are spread around Thailand gave me for the two best options.

More likely AIA in stead of AA.

AA Brokers have a policy which is underwritten by Allianz.<snip>

So? Considering the market size and she mentioned Bupa, chances are the other mentioned company is AIA, not AA.

That is exactly what I did roughly a year ago. Asked the hospital that had treated me in their ER multiple times for stupid accidents of my own doing, just who the heck were the top two company's that they would recommend for "inpatient" coverage if I was to buy a policy. They took me to a Thai Gal in charge of insurance and she printed out for me two pieces of paper. One was for AA Insurance Brokers, The second was for BUPA.

Having stated the above, I have not filed a claim nor would be qualified to state what is best. That is just what Bangkok Hospital, a more expensive chain of hospitals that are spread around Thailand gave me for the two best options.

AA Brokers have a policy which is underwritten by Allianz.

Actually appears to be a really good policy with excellent coverage USD$1 000 000 per year and one of the lowest premiums.

AXA is a very good company but when it comes to health insurance it is also one of the most expansive one's.

I am also currently in the market for health insurance and going crazy looking through all the plans.

But as i mentioned the AA one seems to be the best in all aspects

Quote:

I am also currently in the market for health insurance and going crazy looking through all the plans

Welcome to my club, i want to take travel health insurance to Thailand with me, i was hoping for a one year policy but the insurers here stated to me that the day i return to Australia the policy is null and void (stops) so if i travel to Thailand and after one week i have to come back to Sydney for a short meeting my insurance stops,, i can't understand that so i am also looking for health (travel) insurance just in case Thailand change the visa rules about health insurance but i don't really know who to go with,, Bupa advertise a lot here in Sydney but they are very expensive and only valid for when i am out of the country, where do i go, i'm stuffed on this one.

More posts please.

Bupa Thailand has a plan for temporary residents, could be worth checking out.

AA Brokers have a policy which is underwritten by Allianz.<snip>

So? Considering the market size and she mentioned Bupa, chances are the other mentioned company is AIA, not AA.

I think you are right, because the one through AA brokers is issued by ACS.

The thing with AIA with is not really promising is that they do not even answer sales emails.

I requested quote from them and yet to receive a response. Not really assuring, though could be because i made contact in English not Thai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

AA Brokers have a policy which is underwritten by Allianz.

Actually appears to be a really good policy with excellent coverage USD$1 000 000 per year and one of the lowest premiums.

AXA is a very good company but when it comes to health insurance it is also one of the most expansive one's.

I am also currently in the market for health insurance and going crazy looking through all the plans.

But as i mentioned the AA one seems to be the best in all aspects

Thanks for the clarification, and Sorry as I have been on Holiday. I did not do a very good job of clarifying my policy or how or why I went with them. Yes, it is through AA insurance. They seem to be a very reputable company and you get the benefit of having an agent right here locally if help is required to back up your plan if it is needed. It is called ACS, and yes again, it is underwritten by Allianz. My policy is for "in patient" care only. Meaning "catastrophic, or major medical" coverage only. In simple terms it means you must be admitted to the hospital for treatment for the policy to kick in. It is roughly 60,000 Baht a year and it does have the high limits on coverage as noted above.

AA offers different policies but this was a a good fit for me.............. English speaking "Farang" agents, well ran office and again, to me having them around if the sh..... were to hit the fan is worth a few bucks for me.................. If you google them you will see that they have offices from one end of the country to the other.

Sorry again on not being very clear and Good Luck on this very important issue

Two years ago I stupidly launched a scooter off a small cliff five clicks from town. Good news is I found out the hard way that ambulances are free in Thailand even for a stupid Farang like me...................... Great caring medics. Three of them. Rental scooter beat to hell, guy in a construction truck thank God watched me launch off the corner. He had tool kit, repaired the bike. Medic wiped it down and actually one of them drove it back to town to my Condo for me while the other two took me to the hospital. Nine broken bones, MRI, CAT scans and X Rays from head to two and Surgeon Consult as they thought I had a punctured lung. 12 hours in ER.

They wanted me to stay in the hospital for five days. I walked out the very same day as I had no idea of the cost of staying there and no insurance. I guess the bottom line is that next time I get to smile and say "That Sounds Good To Me".....

• 1 year later...

I am having a terrible experience with AXA car insurance.

So far my car has been in the shop for over 6 month and I am thinking about hiring an attorney.

Anybody know of an attorney who deals with car insurances?

Edited by Bendito

So far my car has been in the shop for over 6 month and I am thinking about hiring an attorney.

1st post? I suggest you open a new topic on this subject probably in the car forum as resurrecting a 2 year old topic on health insurance is not really appropriate to car insurance............

If you know a Thai speaker get them to find out about the Thai Insurance ombudsman equivalent. If you took your insurance out via a broker use them - if not you may want to think about it when you renew................

• 1 month later...

CAR INSURANCE

You never mentioned why it is taking so long maybe it is the model of your car and the parts have to come from overseas many people have this problem on claims you can not blame the insurance company it could be the maker of your car that is the problem. And not many spare parts. Regarding Axa I worked for them for over 28 years in N.Z. and will say that they are one of the best but not cheap you pay for what you get. All ways has been that way in this world.

I have had my 2 cars with AXA for over 6 years and still have my 2 cars insured by AXA had two claims over that time all paid and fixed quickly. One claim some guy drove into the back of my car while my driver parked and was taking care of it in Bangkok. Paid out no worries. 2nd claim the old rented house I used to live at before I built my own house the rats eat the wires in the car so they fully changed all of the electrical wires. So very happy with AXA

HEATH COVER

I myself have NZI health cover they have a office in Thailand but a New Zealand company. The reason I did not take AXA the cover was mainly the same as NZI but I was 63 at the time and NZI was and still is in my age bands cheaper I am 69 on the 23rd of this month and still have the cover.

My partner has AXA health cover better premiums for her age along with my male Thai worker that I have.