Thailand-Hub of Weirdly Large Coffee Price Increases?

partington

you can ask the same for normal drinking water... singa 6 liter went from 30 baht to 40, that is also 33% increase, for WATER ...

5 Gal 30 baht same every year for the last 5 years. That is 0% increase. And it is delivered in Thailand.

post-187908-0-22753200-1395139881_thumb.

...it was always lower in price than the other coffees...

...I am told Foodland still has the lower price.....(cannot confirm this).....

...maybe time to stock up and put it in the freezer....it could keep a while...

However, even more weirdly, my local Tesco Lotus has just stocked their shelves with Moccona Blue Mountain at 89B! So you can buy it at Foodland or Tops for 122B , or Lotus at 89B.

I stocked up, just in case...

you can ask the same for normal drinking water... singa 6 liter went from 30 baht to 40, that is also 33% increase, for WATER ...

5 Gal 30 baht same every year for the last 5 years. That is 0% increase. And it is delivered in Thailand.

Mine has gone up from 17 to 23 two years ago, now 27, but since they deliver up to our second-floor pantry I'm not complaining. 8-)

The Cafe Tierra coffee beans from Macro are actually very nice and not too expensive. Aribica and a medium to darkish roast. Not quite Lavazza of course, but a fair alternative.

About a year ago Tops had 8 250g Lavazza Expresso Roast beans coming up to expiry date marked down to 100 baht (down from 550 baht). I bought one to check that it still tasted fresh then went back the following day and snapped up the remaining 7 to put in the freezer; still tasted great when defrosted. Worth keeping an eye out for those little presents from heaven, although I've found the more I have on hand, the more I drink.