Ais 1-2 Call Cell Phone Service Outage?

ROFL

Does anyone here have AIS 1-2 Call cell phone service, and have you had any problems with "no network coverage"?

At around 8pm last night the connection bar on my cell phone dropped to zero and whenever I try to use my phone it says "no network coverage". Ive never had any problems in BKK before so I was wondering if this could be something wrong with my phone or is it a problem with the network.

I went to the 1-2 call website but couldnt find a number to call.

So is anyone else having network outage issues? This has been going on for over 12 hours now.

thanks!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hesitating to post a msg here, thinking it might just be me!

I noticed my, and my wife's service, went down appx 4pm yesterday. It's still not up. :o

We travelled around several parts of BKK yesterday, back home to Bang-na, and no signal anywhere.

I've never heard of an outage lasting this long, I'm surprised there has not been any mention of it in the local media (or at least none that we found).

I was hesitating to post a msg here, thinking it might just be me!

I noticed my, and my wife's service, went down appx 4pm yesterday. It's still not up. :o

We travelled around several parts of BKK yesterday, back home to Bang-na, and no signal anywhere.

I've never heard of an outage lasting this long, I'm surprised there has not been any mention of it in the local media (or at least none that we found).

LOL :D I also was hesitating to post about it, Im ###### glad you posted because I was thinking that I was going to have to go out and buy a new cell phone today...thought it might be a mechanical issue.

I went to the website, but of course there is nothing there. I tried dialing the 1175 number that they list for service from my land line and get the same busy signal I get when I dial my cell phone.

I dont speak Thai so I dont know how much good it would have done if I had gotten through.

Have you tried dialing your number? do you get a busy signal

I sent an email to [email protected] and got the typical (at least in Thailand) VALUE CUSTOMER we will respond in 24hrs reply.

Ill let you know if I hear anything.

this blows... :D

My 1-2-Call phone had no coverage last night at around 9pm, not sure for how long. I have also had a number of problems when trying to make calls between 6 and 8pm..."network busy" comes up when I try to call, although I read that this is because their promotions have increased the peak time usage and their network can't handle it

My 1-2-Call phone had no coverage last night at around 9pm, not sure for how long. I have also had a number of problems when trying to make calls between 6 and 8pm..."network busy" comes up when I try to call, although I read that this is because their promotions have increased the peak time usage and their network can't handle it

Do you have "NETWORK COVERAGE" now?

and if so do you live in BK?

On Phuket same issue with AIS. Went down last night and still not back up..... We have called and be informed that it will be up again at 12 noon today. Reason...... they are changing network..... To DTAC? LOL

Also during a few hours yesterday evening it was fairly impossible to call any number from DTAC network as well, became better around 10 PM.

Many people I spoke in Patong have been buying new sim cards of competng networks and discarded the AIS sims.

On Phuket same issue with AIS. Went down last night and still not back up..... We have called and be informed that it will be up again at 12 noon today. Reason...... they are changing network..... To DTAC? LOL

Also during a few hours yesterday evening it was fairly impossible to call any number from DTAC network as well, became better around 10 PM.

Many people I spoke in Patong have been buying new sim cards of competng networks and discarded the AIS sims.

THANK YOU TTB! :o You've given me the peace of mind I needed.

I was really thinking that I was going to have to chuck my phone in the bin.

Man, that is annoying! mine also stopped working when it comes to RECEIVING calls/SMS, while I can (generally) still call out to most nos I have tried.

Guess time to get that back up sim card - if enough people shift provider in anger, it might actually solve the problem! Thai-style! :o Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

Almost impossible to call DTAC from AIS in the evenings, that's been going on a couple of months. many people say they can't get through to me also.

A lot of people I know switched to DTAC seems to be better at the moment.

I guess I should take the "fixed by 12pm" with a grain of Thai salt....bummer.

Well at least I dont feel alone in my misery, and there is "some" comfort in that. lol

I wonder if when it does go back up if everyones phone is going to ring all at the same time, might be kind of funny if in a large crowd.

Edited by ROFL

Hmmm, I wonder if it's certain groups of numbers, my phone (and wifeys) have been working just fine (making and receiving calls).

Not noticed any breaks in service.

I have AIS and as of June 1, I couldn't get any incoming calls or SMS. It seemed to begin in the afternoon on Thursday June 1. Today June 2, I still can't receive calls or SMS. I can dial out to most numbers ok and I think I can send SMS ok too. Hopefully this will clear up soon. Right now, if I call my number froma landline it has a busy signal. I have often recieved "network busy" in the past calling some numbers, but that was due to congestion during peak call periods (I think).

This new problem is definitely annoying! :o I put my girlfriend's DTAC sim card in my phone and it worked fine last nite. Stupid AIS!!! Grrrrr.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's certain groups of numbers, my phone (and wifeys) have been working just fine (making and receiving calls).

Well my number begins with 06 , how about others that are having trouble?

Well my number begins with 06 , how about others that are having trouble?

My wifes phone/sim 12 call went out pre 5:00 pm last night Thursday and is still not functioning 02:00 pm to day Friday ... rangsit area . I thought it was a local cell down but it looks more widespread and serious than that .

Story Time ..

whilst living in Morocco my friend was installing upto the minute latest technology exchanges ,

these had built in secondary and tertiary fail safe systems to ensure back up . The first back up activation triggered an alarm and flashing lights so immediate attention could be given to the primary system which is then fixed and reset .

However it never ever worked as the primary system and the back up were never fixed because the alarms were deactivated ...the reasoning from the local engineers ...the alarms kept activating at lunch time and prayer time so we switch them off but never check for faults because there are 2 back ups no need to repair ... Perhaps here in Thailand it is breakfast time , snack time , lunch time , fried banana snack time , iced cofee and pot noodle time , som tam and sticky rice time , then dinner time followed by a few beers and barbequed pork time, then 100 pipers time !!! .

No time to listen to alarms !!!!life is too short and so much to eat

Edited by rcalsop

my 07-xxx number is also out still at 14:20. Went out last night about 5pm. came back on about 6pm for 10 mins....sent about 3 sms messages that sent out fine. They never arrived at the receiver.

I cannot believe a company of this size would tolerate a total network outage for 24 hours - especially a communications service.......crazy. Not even an SMS sent months ago saying on this date etc. your mobile will not work. It was obviously a planned network outage.

I would imagine they will give everyone a credit for 100 baht to say sorry....NOT.

The worst part is that when it does come back on its going to be a nightmare.

Can you imagine the traffic accidents that might be caused by thousands of folks looking down at the same time.

On Phuket still major issues with the AIS network. Came supposedly alive for a while but now close to dead. There is at least a signal but actually making calls is fairly impossible.

Calling to landline from both AIS and even my DTAC were difficult. Got connected but one of either side could not hear the other. Or it just got disconnected after a few seconds.

Now trying to make calls again for business..... It is a mess!

Now 4PM, my 07 and my friends 09 have been out all day with no signal. Others in the office with the same prefix are working fine. Call to AIS says 1800 tonite and all will be well. I am currently holding my breath................................

Just throw your AIS sim in the bin. They've been having problems for many months so don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

I just don't understand how their network planning can be so ######ed up. How long did they think they could keep adding subscribers without adding capacity?

Now 1:30 and still no signal even tho promised by 1800. :D I find it hard to fathom that a communications company is unable to communicate with its customers, still no explaination after 24 hours of no service. :o This goes beyond TIT :D

My missus has been trying to cal me all day with something she had to tell me regarding her job. I had no idfea as i dont use my phone much. I got home at 4.30pm and my home phone was going. Turned out it was the wife. Why cant i call to you? Whats going on? She called up AIS and gave them shit. As far as i was concerned my phone was working fine. But then again i never tried to call anyone. TIT!

Just throw your AIS sim in the bin. They've been having problems for many months so don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

I just don't understand how their network planning can be so ######ed up. How long did they think they could keep adding subscribers without adding capacity?

"They say" that the reason it is down is because they are setting up a new network with new hardware. :o The people at JAY MART said 2 days :D

I Expect the teen suicide rate to show a spike for this weekend once the data is reviewed at the end of the year.

I cant wait to check my balance when I do get it back, this being Thailand Ive already accepted that it will come up 0's.

10:35PM and i'm still having no connection on both 06- and 07- numbers. i called at at 7PM and they told me "it will be fixed by 6PM today". i said "its already 7PM..." she said "oh sorry, will be fixed by 8PM today sir" yeah right. now the 1175 number is just "busy".

so if they're upgrading the network and adding new hardware, wouldn't it be better to first install the new hardware and then take down the old one? not just move out the old hardware and then start to build (and maybe plan?) the new network?