Ais 1-2 Call Cell Phone Service Outage?

ROFL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't recall the last time anybody reached me. I lucked out and got a few calls before 6 pm on Thursday, but Friday was totally silent.

Remember last month's tsunami drill? It failed in Thailand because of the cellar phone system being operated by insane amoeba and drunk paremecium.

Will the telecommunications giant lose face over this if the anniversary celebrations can't be coordinated by cell phones?

Yesterday my wifes 07 did not work... yet my 04 number (which the wife is using also) worked.. :o

totster :D

Well today (Saturday 10:15am) I sent an SMS to myself and got it right away! So it looks like it is getting better. Unfortunately, I tried to call my mobile number from my landline and it is still busy :-(

both 06 and 07 numbers still out here as well.. 3rd day! what a nightmare..i assume their technicians went home for the weekend. :D

I started receiving calls today on my 06 number! :D yeaaay!

Yes, all is well and Ive made a few calls and the reception does seem better.

Time will tell. :o

Maybe reception/connections will improve due to all the folks that burned their AIS sim cards..... Cheers!

Noooooooooooooo, dont burn them, collect them and then make charm bracelets out of them! Bet they would sell. LOl

Edited by ROFL

Don't cheer yet - I can't call or receive from AIS subscibers (I'm DTAC) but we can exchange SMS to bitch about it though.

At least the problem should be costing the carriers zillion of baht per day in lost charges. You'd think they'd be keen to fix it, no?

With all the "promotions" going on at the moment, I doubt that they'd be losing much revenue from calls. They *will* probably lose a lot of customers from the bad press this will generate.

The only reason Dtac isn't experiencing the same thing is because they have way fewer subscribers. If you'll remember the inter-network fiasco last year, Dtac was as much responsible for the network trouble as AIS.

It's a bit crazy that the marketing people would keep coming out with all these crazy promotions that make people phone more and reduce revenues, while at the same time stressing their networks beyond their capacities. They might get some subscribers in the short term, but lose them in droves when subscribers figure out that cheap promotions aren't much use if you can't even make a call.

Still a disaster at the moment. Eventhough some calls can be made and received with either DTAC or AIS, other numbers just do not work.

Here on Phuket I figured out that the Orange network is still working rather ok...

Another thing I am realy surprised about is the fact that I have not seen any press comment in the written English language newspapers..... This should be a major issue (as it is for me), and a huge loss of economic activity. Why do the paperws not pick this up?

We got our service reconnected late last night.

Today I was talking with my wife's family and we all realized that the day before the phones went down, and still ongoing today, is we're all experiencing "phantom" calls where we call a friend and someone else who we don't know answers, or we receive a call from a friend only it turns out to be someone we don't know - who wasn't calling us in the fist place. This happened to me once when I was dialing a landline to a mobile so I assumed it was my fault, but it seems everyone we've talked to today has had this happen once or more in the last few days!

Edited by clokwise

while my telephone service is back, MMS/GPRS is still not working. i called them about 5 minutes ago and they said "we are installing new MMS/GPRS server, so is not available now". right...why take the *censored* thing offline when the new one isn't ready yet. :o

At about noon yesterday they advised on local TV that all numbers should be working but if your phone did not work to try turning it off/on several times to reset. If that did not work to contact the call center.

The wife and I both received a Thai SMS yesterday from AIS offering 50 Bt credit and 10 days extension to our prepaid service and a brief apology for the outage.

so did we! that's it ..i'm going to request the 50 baht in a cheque instead of a call credit and then i'll open my own cell phone company with that money!

:o

AIS still seem to be having serious problems.

I'm in Pattaya and today I can't make any international calls - all UK numbers are currently barred. Thailand numbers work OK.

Got through to AIS Customer Service (1175) eventually to be told there was a network problem with international numbers that would be fixed in 'one hour'. That was at 11:00 today (05 June) and I think we are talking flexible Thai time here as it's now 14:30 and the situation has not changed. Why am I not surprised and why am I thinking of changing my service provider I wonder. Not sure if Orange or DTAC etc. are any better but AIS has been terrible lately.

DM

Had a problem with gprs thru dtac this morning. Connected ok, but couldn't access any web pages, email. OK now. Anyone else experience this?

I too faced this problem until 1:30pm in Bangkok.

It worked fine then. Just tried right now, again having problems.

I have been using the DTAC GPRS constantly for a few months now, and only in the past couple days have i had any down time. yesterday it was for a couple of hours, today it seems to cut off every once in awhile.

really amazing about the ais service, though i must admit i like temporary ,spontaneous (or not) outages, like the electricity or phone, water, etc. it gives me a break from the super - regimented routines that life seems to be trying to hold us to.

Had a problem with gprs thru dtac this morning. Connected ok, but couldn't access any web pages, email. OK now. Anyone else experience this?

My DTAC GPRS was out for a few hours on Saturday afternoon in Phuket. It also dropped out for about an hour today in Bangkok (I spent the day in a very boring workshop, so I spent most of it up the back doing some closet surfing :o

Haven't had problems with it before.

according to a phone call just now to AIS, i should turn off my telephone for 2-3 hours and then turn it back on and MMS/GPRS will work without problems.

i'm surprised they didn't ask me to put it in a glass of water overnight to charge the battery.

Both my and my wife's AIS pre-pay phones have been working throughout this crisis :o

This morning, her new post-pay DTAC phone says, 'no-signal'. GRRRRRRR.

I had to explain the concept of her not paying the bill when it comes, "You don't give me a phone service, I don't pay for it".