TAT unveils new campaign to promote “honeyteering”

webfact

Just another waste of the few billion they receive annually. The staff there are not working hard enough, if they were no one would come up with stupid ideas like this.

I am now thinking in terms that it is --who can come up with the most stupid idea next, underwater weddings---underwater honeymoons. Cut the staff by half, get them doing something useful.

Just imagine, picture this. Honeymoon couple just before bedtime--one partner says sorry dear no sex tonight as I am up in the morning helping in the OTOP shop.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leaders here need to change their approach and target Thai citizens instead of foreigners. Tourism growth is a knock-on effect that follows internal prosperity and rising standard of living. Most tourists, especially family tourists, want to visit countries where citizens enjoy a peaceful and stable democracy, low crime/corruption, wage enhancement, aspirational middle classes, clean water/food and air, safe roads and rail, etc.

So the basic common logic is to make the nation more appealing to the citizens living there, this will always make the nation more appealing to tourists who want to holiday in a place where the locals are contented and hopeful. The only problem with this is that it requires strong leadership, heavy regulation and investment, to make the nation desirable for the citizens first. It is a lot cheaper to make up jazzy slogans and desperate ploys to lure in tourists, but it is like putting a band-aid on a 'gusher'.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

I'm kinda thinking right about now, Thailand is having a little bit of difficulty attracting backpackers and horny old men let alone quality tourists. I don't really think throwing millions of baht into a wasted advertising right now would be a smart investment.

Maybe a good place to start would be to take all that silly money and get your act together! here's a brilliant idea......Make Thailand what it used to be!

Beautiful country, smiling faces and a land of culture. Look at what you guys have done to your country!.....Sad and all in the name of greed.

Please stop throwing good over bad and make your country a place where people will dream of visiting, until then.....You have no one to blame but yourselves. Look at what happened to Mexico!

maybe these TAT idiots should volunteer to go to school and learn something about tourism or even advertising, or maybe they have already filled their quota of tourists for this year and are just relieving the boredom by having silly competitions between themselves to see who can come up with the most stupid, embarrassing, and dumb founded ideas to promote tourism. while they are at it they should change their logo from LOS to LOL it seems more appropriate.

• Like 2

instead of wasting 10 million baht promoting this bizarre idea, i think it would be better to allocate that money to tax-relief / income assistance / re-training programs to help more hospitality businesses / workers survive the political unrest in Bangkok, and then let them choose their own marketing strategies thereafter...

i am sure the private sector can come with a plan that makes more commercial sense than offering their target customers the complete opposite of what they want

Come to Thailand, pay your honeymoon fee, then enjoy cleaning up after our protests while us lazy-ass 3rd world Thais sit back and watch you fools work for free. We're too busy complaining about colored shirts and blowing whistles like kids.

• Like 1

Reading through the programs it is more like a luxury holiday with a fotographer taking your pics. Other Extras are some tourist activities like preparing food for animals, paddling through a mangrove forest, hands on same mangrove seedlings, visiting a school and doing something with children (supervised) . Ok, cleaning a turtle basin isn't fun at all, but you can always say no to that.

Do honeymooners need that? Europeans I don't think so, Asiens tick differently, so maybe yes.

Like every other brilliant idea spouted from an empty suit here, it's about 50 years out of date.

This isn't the 60's any more, the world is no longer full of hippy couples, carrying 'make love not war' signs and handing out flowers.

What's the next campaign going to be "Dig for Thailand"?

• Like 1

The leaders here need to change their approach and target Thai citizens instead of foreigners. Tourism growth is a knock-on effect that follows internal prosperity and rising standard of living. Most tourists, especially family tourists, want to visit countries where citizens enjoy a peaceful and stable democracy, low crime/corruption, wage enhancement, aspirational middle classes, clean water/food and air, safe roads and rail, etc.

That will raise the cost of the holiday, due to low paid labor not being available. Thailand is a budget destination, better to keep the poor poor and serving the two week millionaires.

Is it mandatory to show 5 references stating you are stupid as a mule to get a job at the TAT?

What's next? Luring senior citizen from the rest of the world to volunteer in nursing the abandoned kids parked in Isaan in a "Have a new grandchild holiday package" ?

Edited by Lupatria

........and in another thread people are up in arms for the suggestion that thai people arnt as intelegent as western people. come to honeymoon in Thailand to clean up after the thais? thats the work of a genius right there........im sloping off to make me a coffee......

Wonder who actually owns the domain name. It is a private registration done in November last year, and only paid for 1 year, so this whole scheme was dreamed up in a few months.

I guess you can pull off all kinds of things when the government is pre-occupied with other issues.

Domain Name: HONEYTEERINGTHAILAND.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1834519475_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2013-11-07 02:57:24
Creation Date: 2013-11-07 02:57:24
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-11-07 02:57:24
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street: 14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

I've god a suggestion for TAT, inline with this one: Racketeering holidays. Ought to be a huge hit with the Russians.

Without being racist-----because it's in your face---Pattaya taxis to airport, driven by Russians, Travel agencies staffed by Russians, Estate agents houses sold by Russians, GoGo Russian Girls Walking street. Russian run Guest houses.

Work permits ??? Pattaya city council ????? This city is as corrupt as Phuket and Samui....................It would nearly like being on honeymoon in Russia.

TAT a million times get tourists by no double pricing, clean up your beaches, stop the scams everywhere, get your National airline Thai to offer cut price fares -- one to get tourists here and-- two to promote your airline.

Oh I can just see it now '. First day of the honeymoon the new wife can go and help the prison boys clean out the drains on sukhumvit, then join the girls team to sweep the gutters ... oh TAT you are so smart with great ideas , that's why its Amazing thailand.

Sent from my TR736 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app