Bangkok Bank - Ach Transaction?

I am temporarily in the USA, and my main bank here has stopped doing wire transfers, but they said they do ACH transactions. It uses bank routing number and my account, like a check. DOes Bkk Bank accept this? I can't find any details on their website. I need the money to buy a house.

I am temporarily in the USA, and my main bank here has stopped doing wire transfers, but they said they do ACH transactions. It uses bank routing number and my account, like a check. DOes Bkk Bank accept this? I can't find any details on their website. I need the money to buy a house.

I doubt your bank as stopped making SWIFT transfers, I suspect you are getting runaround. If not, change banks.

Bangkok Bank will accept ACH transfers through their NYC branch. Routing number is 026008691. The problem will be with your bank's ACH provider. My recent experience with 2 different banks is the provider will refuse to make transfers to an account outside the US. At one bank, they actually made 2 validating transfers and 2 real transfers and then cut me off.

Also you will probably find that the limits on ACH transfer (again by providers) is too low to move the amount needed for a house purchase..

Thanks for the input. I am going to use Discover Bank, they are paying about 4.60% on money market accounts, transfers are no problem. I used to work at Citibank, I just can't trust them.

• 2 weeks later...

According to a news article this week the Bangkok Bank branch in NYC no longer has authority to do wire transfers from the US because of questions about meeting money laundering requirements (since April 20 I believe). This might mean ACH can not be completed? It may also explain why my bank pointed out last month that my wire transfer would be routed via Chase, New York.