"Don't waste time," Suthep tells independent organizations

webfact

"Don't waste time," Suthep tells independent organizations

3-18-2014-10-59-14-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban called on the six independent organizations not to waste their times to take on the mediation role as he saw the other side would never accept but press on with their demands.

He cited example of the remark by deputy prime minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul who asked the six independent to swear before taking the mediation role that they must perform the job with fairness and no bias.

He said one of Surapong’s proposals to the independent organizations was a call for them to continue holding the election until all MPs are elected.

He also said he also strongly believed the caretaker prime minister would also stick to call for the PDRC to end the protest before talk.

With such impossible proposals he saw it a waste of time to proceed with the mediation by non-partisan mediation panel proposed by the independent organizations.

Suthep said he would not name any person to become mediators as proposed by Election Commissioner Somchai Lertsuthiyakorn, one of the six constitutional independent organizations representatives at a press conference yesterday.

He said he strongly believed caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her self-exiled brother Thaksin Shinawatra wanted to hold on to power, and it would be useless to contemplate any dialogue with them.

Meanwhile Abihsit Vejjajiva, Democrat leader and former prime minister, said the proposed dialogue would never be possible if the government refuses to step back and stand firm to its election call which the PDRC never accepted.

The six independent constitutional organization are the Office of the Ombudsman, the National Economic and Social Advisory Council, the Election Commission, the National Human Rights Commission, the National Anti-Corruption Commission and the Office of the Auditor General.

The seventh organization, the Office of the Attorney General, has withdrawn with reason that as a state prosecution it could not take part in any talk with criminal offenders who they are to prosecute, or act against the government.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dont-waste-time-suthep-tells-independent-organizations/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-18

Suthep misses the elephant in the room: nobody cares what he thinks anymore (aside from the TV Suthep supporters club of course). Bangkok has largely forgotten him and moved on. We would like our lovely park back sometime soon though - parading cadres of armed militias threatening any innocent that happens to stray into a public park are not a good look.

Seems to me that you are the only one remembering him.

He must have impressed you with his ideas and actions.biggrin.png

Damn, he's still around. The world is now more interested in the missing Malaysian 777. Suthep and his band should seriously consider taking a holiday until they find the plane. No one is really interested in what he has to say.

• Like 2

Suthep misses the elephant in the room: nobody cares what he thinks anymore (aside from the TV Suthep supporters club of course). Bangkok has largely forgotten him and moved on. We would like our lovely park back sometime soon though - parading cadres of armed militias threatening any innocent that happens to stray into a public park are not a good look.

Ohh please!!! And i guess you think the junkie sleezy cheap hookers on the sidewalks are a better image for that park. Unless you actually go inside the park you can not see what is in there due to all the buses parked along the street.

I will agree that Suthep is full of hot air most of the time now. But i would also have to agree that YL and her PTP MPs are and will continue to stay their place in power no matter what it takes. If mediators try to get them together the only format discussed or allowed would be to benefit the prolonged interim of the current Gov. Which is the opposite of what suthep wants. So how can their be negotiations when the first thing suthep wants is for the Gov to leave and the first thing the Gov wants is to make a way for them to stay in power. No room for negotiations there

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I care what he thinks. However I find that smelling a rat's fart is way more interesting than reading the red's brainwashed rhetorics.

• Like 1

I thought he said this would be all over months ago, many times ?

He is a liar, he has lied to his people many times about "the end" and the "final rally" and all sorts, and yet they still beleive the liar and his continued lies ?

A lair is someone who says something that is proven to be untrue. He is therefore a liar.

The only time being wasted is by him and his PDRC, they are wasting the time of many people, civilians and police.

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

" The seventh organization, the Office of the Attorney General, has withdrawn with reason that as a state prosecution it could not take part in any talk with criminal offenders who they are to prosecute, or act against the government. "

What if the criminal offenders are the very ones under current investigation - namely the former Yingluck administration ?

Suthep is right. Thaksin and the extended Shinowatra family of Surapong and Yingluck do not under any circumstances want a change that threatens their grip on power. Surapong's ( Thaksin's ) " conditions " simply underscore that. Thaksin doesn't want any reform to take place that fails to keep his influence. Period. Everybody knows that. Goodness knows he's made that abundantly clear over the past dozen years. He's not changing, folks, and his " methods " aren't changing either. The one and only solution to this is through the constitutional process already underway. As long as the independent agencies are allowed to proceed unimpeded with their constitutional duty, and as long as the courts are allowed to proceed with their constitutional duty - the constitution will take care of this. That is what the constitution is for. Once the courts have given their myriad of rulings, we will enter the following period of fresh air. Picture it ...

No more images of Surapong falling asleep at the microphone, or Tarit flanked by two unsmiling bureaucrats, or Chalerm's The Sopranos imitation, or Yingluck " un-liking " the NACC on her facebook page, or Kittirat being drenched with real water by fake farmers. We will enter a period of forums, discussions, with real issues being addressed. The public will be invited to participate, for the first time outside the context of an election campaign - where issues will be aired and tackled not to benefit any particular party, but because they are good for the country. And it will all happen through constitutional means.

"And it will all happen through constitutional means."

Oh deep joy.

Please, scamper, please, point out just where in the Constitution that it states one can stop a royally decreed election part way through, install an interim unelected "peoples council" for an undisclosed time period and organise forums and discussions to talk "real issues" and presumably come up with a whole raft of changes to the police, armed forces, education, why, even the constitution itself.

I won't wait for an answer, scamper, because it has not gone unnoticed that you are unaware of what a discussion forum involves. You never answer criticism.

This forum is not a sounding board for your increasingly shrill polemic.

Pot, kettle, black. You are not really in a position to critique someone else for one sided posts.

• Like 1

He cited example of the remark by deputy prime minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul who asked the six independent to swear before taking the mediation role that they must perform the job with fairness and no bias.

Great example! facepalm.gif

• Like 1

He is a liar, he has lied to his people many times about "the end" and the "final rally" and all sorts, and yet they still beleive the liar and his continued lies ?

A lair is someone who says something that is proven to be untrue. He is therefore a liar.

The only time being wasted is by him and his PDRC, they are wasting the time of many people, civilians and police.

Suthep is a liar? Ask the farmers who has lied to them. The Government you are so fond of is rightly in the midst of having every thing in the book thrown at them. In fact they are having the contents of several volumes tossed their way. The longer Yingluck campaigns in the north the more charges will come her way. I love it, I like to see her twisting in the wind.

The good Mr Suthep has woken up to some degree, however the other side is not going to press forward Sutheps reforms and Suthep is not going to listen to theirs either, having sorted that out , we go back to an independent neutral panel , that now separates the main players , then without interference that panel can get on with reforms , getting the country back to normal, without anybody sitting at that table with their own agendas, you eliminate the redneck hardliners from either side, as neither can be trusted.bah.gif

Suthep is a liar? Ask the farmers who has lied to them. The Government you are so fond of is rightly in the midst of having every thing in the book thrown at them. In fact they are having the contents of several volumes tossed their way. The longer Yingluck campaigns in the north the more charges will come her way. I love it, I like to see her twisting in the wind.

Well, what might be the best way to judge how angry these farmers might be? What process could you go through to see if the farmers so e support yingluck?

Take your time, it's a well known process for the public to register their support for politicians.

It rhymes with selection, protection and erection......

• Like 2

"And it will all happen through constitutional means."

Oh deep joy.

Please, scamper, please, point out just where in the Constitution that it states one can stop a royally decreed election part way through, install an interim unelected "peoples council" for an undisclosed time period and organise forums and discussions to talk "real issues" and presumably come up with a whole raft of changes to the police, armed forces, education, why, even the constitution itself.

I won't wait for an answer, scamper, because it has not gone unnoticed that you are unaware of what a discussion forum involves. You never answer criticism.

This forum is not a sounding board for your increasingly shrill polemic.

Pot, kettle, black. You are not really in a position to critique someone else for one sided posts.

Yes I am, "in a position to critique someone else for one sided posts". I answer criticism.

Would you like to provide an answer to my perfectly valid question? scamper won't.

• Like 1

WHAT Mass uprising? Doesn't he notice there barely anyone left?

The Dems should swallow their pride, reform and then go about making themselves into a strong party that look out for the benefit of all Thais not just their strong holds. Want to 'beat' Thaksin? Then do it at his own game by winning the minds and hearts of voters. Except actually implement working and transparent policies. The continual coup attempts won't work anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is an irony here. Had the Dems been smart enough to do what you suggested instead of obeying orders from the Dear Leader, they might well have been leading a new coalition government now.

• Like 2

I don't read Thai, but logic would tell me that it's probably in the same section that allows bills to be amended after the first reading. Or, maybe in the section where the government gets to ignore rulings from the courts if they don't like them.

The Dems should swallow their pride, reform and then go about making themselves into a strong party that look out for the benefit of all Thais not just their strong holds. Want to 'beat' Thaksin? Then do it at his own game by winning the minds and hearts of voters. Except actually implement working and transparent policies. The continual coup attempts won't work anymore.

There is an irony here. Had the Dems been smart enough to do what you suggested instead of obeying orders from the Dear Leader, they might well have been leading a new coalition government now.

Yep. They had the perfect opportunity when parliment was dissolved and the election was called. Especially when all the stuff about the rice scheme came out. But no, they took orders from their superiors behind the scenes and were made to look like babies spitting their dummy out. Sutheps bile spitting actually had momentum but now he just likes a deluded idiot.

Now were at a seemingly impossible impasse. And if a judicial coup does go ahead then we can expect more protests/riots/separatism talk and no real change in the situation.

All for the interest of the rich elite on both sides. Thaksin is a proven self serving leech. But if anyone thinks suthep is doing this for the good of the people, don't make me laugh! He's in it for the power, influence with the elites and his own personal vendetta.

• Like 1

I care what he thinks. However I find that smelling a rat's fart is way more interesting than reading the red's brainwashed rhetorics.

How did that rat feel when you had your nose that close to it's rectum?? I hope it was a mutually consented fetish between you and the poor rat!!

Suthep: "I am not willing to be reasonable because... Yingluck will say this, Yingluck will do that...."

This is the typical behaviour of a little child. Instead of facing up to their own responsibilty to do the decent thing, they instead point their finger at anyone else they percieve they can tar with their own brush.

Claiming what he believes Yingluck will do or say is not a valid excuse for avoiding the negotiation table himself, which is of course what Suthep is really doing here, as has always been his way: getting his and his pals' own way.

For their part, Yingluck's side - despite previously showing willing to talk without independents involved - are missing a golden opportunity to call him out, to show his true colours by forcing him to stand alone as the one who will not play ball.

The man never was really interested in talk, dialogue, or communication (except with his elitist pals) any more than he was about fighting corruption (which existed a long time in Thailand before Thaksin) or participating in a democratic system rather than continuously failing and usurping it.

Political life in Thailand is like the perfection of a miserable double-pushchair outing: one side having a dummy-spitting tantrum whilst the other sits and hysterically blubbers and cries. Sad to say the parents are already nowhere to be seen, since this is no longer 1992.

And the children of Thailand clearly still need those parents.

There may not be many there but they aren't going away. I don't think Suthep is helping himself by not at least trying to get involved in mediation but then that's his problem. He's very good at rallying people behind him but he needs someone like Abhisit who better at negotiation. and less aggressive.

As for looking out for all Thais well you may have a point but is that what you think PTP were doing? I think Thaksin once said in Khon Kaen that those who didn't vote for him wouldn't gat as much as those that did and Yingluck seemed to suggest during the Bangkok governor election that she would help her own favoured candidate more. There was a post on here a few days ago about a rice farmer who was told he'd have to wait longer for his money because he'd voted 'the wrong way'.

I don't know much about the Dems policies in their last government but I know they had a rice scheme that they could afford and which didn't cripple the industry. Maybe someone else can tell us a bit more about what they did. What they didn't do was give large amounts of money away which in some cases they couldn't afford. It's not that the PTP policies were totally wrong but that they went too far. Why I don't know.

I don't know what the PTP will do if they get back in. The farmers will probably want the rice scheme back but how will that work?

The last coup was in 2006 and Abhisit spoke against it and the constitution in 2007. There's nothing to show that he wants a coup now or that he has any control or special relationship with the army. Remember he and Suthep are on murder charges for the killings by the army when they disobeyed the orders they gave. And who is stopping the army being investigated? PTP.

parading cadres of armed militias threatening any innocent that happens to stray into a public park are not a good look. Thought for a minute you were speaking abou the redshirts sending the farmers home from Khon Kean 2 weeks ago. Please post any pix you have of the above happening connected with PDRC i n Lumpini Park